1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Uncle aziz e38 00/03

Discussion in '7 Series' started by uncle aziz, Sep 18, 2010.

1. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

Sent to Bayern Workshop at BM for overall checking and restoration job... 4 mechanics assign to check/refurbish...not many cars today.10 days at least. They had just completed one e38 728i 1996 restoration job( complete) at RM18k and sold at RM80+ thousand 3 months ago .......I missed that car.

[​IMG]

2. ssmann

ssmann Club Guest

Uncle, ini kereta u beli from Keong Heng in Taman Shamelin ah?

3. ICEMAN 68

ICEMAN 68 Founding Member

nice car there ....

4. andrewk

andrewk Club Guest

Congrats on your new ride Uncle Aziz! Once all the issues are sorted, you'll love your E38....

Welcome to the tiga lapan geng :)

5. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

Ssmann > nope...not Keong Heng... from dealer showroom located at Lot C Autocity Cheras. Hard to get good preowned e38 nowadays...have checked one recently, internal parts of the car was not properly taken care of....owner don`t really jaga his kereta ,later trade in for new one. Finally found this one in Cheras.

6. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

not sure whether this rim suit e38....525i rims kept in the store of friend house at Batu Cave

7. ssmann

ssmann Club Guest

Rim is subjective choice uncle....most members dont like my rims...hehehehe....but I like....so OK la...most important is offset and whether the stance is cantik or not

8. Vincent Hor

Vincent Hor Club Guest

Is this 17" or 18"? If 17" very difficult to find the right tyre size. Are the rims from E39? If yes then you need hub centric cones.

9. ssmann

ssmann Club Guest

No I think these are E60 rims.....no????

10. YaZmEeN

YaZmEeN Active Member
    Staff Member

still have to change the tyre first or else the car will look 'hanging'

anyway, check the offset first

11. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

from my friend `s e39 525 18 inches.....tak berapa ngam with my taste..still searching orang muda taste...

12. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

..revert back headlight set to original would be the best ...previous owner remove the glass cover /projector light..fixed cheap unit white light bulb ...find it difficult to drive at night ..worse still rainy days...uncle old eyes no longer adapt white light.

13. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

......no wonder performance /pickup sluggish...one Vanos kong..sensor cable faulty....rear absorbers sudah keuar minyak, rear discbrake and pads high time , tie rods rubber pecah hancur. Ask Bayern to replace all faulty parts at whatever cost .2 old cars ( Korean/France) to let go to cover repair costs...................

14. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

Tested this 1 series before going to e38...very good udm....but not so ngam with Uncle...budget constraint.
    ( far behind is uncle old e39 (1998) has gone through +280k km ( belum overhaul engine) but still capable touching 208kmj
    before accident.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. YaZmEeN

YaZmEeN Active Member
    Staff Member

yes, i do realise the cover had been missing. u may call me if u're in kl. i have some spare for u. installation will take half an hour maybe.

the cover plays the most important role in determining the light projection, and i knew it after tried to remove that before with my old pair of headlight..

16. uncle aziz

uncle aziz Club Guest

Thank for info YaZmEeN.....at least got source now..I`ll come back to you later once Bayern BM complete restoration job .

17. rajan

rajan Club Guest

Hello Uncle Aziz.. Welcome to the club and the 7ers Community !

Hope your car will be done up soon. I had a similiar problem my ABS/DSC unit. ABS and DSC Lights ups, no odometer response, not cruise control, NO ABS ! , higher fuel , No sheer driving :)

Usually for the double vanos engine, the ABS/DSC unit will be the cause of the fault unlike the single vanos engine whereby the fault is on the sensors. This is due to the design manifold which causes the heat to the ABS/DSC unit.

Your experience driving the car will be much more smoother after this unit is being replaced.You will enjoy the car when the DSC is working. If you delay in changing this unit, after some time you will get "transmission failure message". and the car will not move. you will need to wait and start again before it appears soon again. This is due to the odometer not clocking the mileage but the transmission is clocking it.

Problem solved after changing new ABS/DSC unit . It costs me RM2.5K with labour with recoding the unit .

Hope this helps.

See you soon uncle Aziz.

18. YaZmEeN

YaZmEeN Active Member
    Staff Member

and kadir_rashid will be glad to share this...hehe

uncle, just let us know if u're coming down :)

19. Herbert

Herbert Well-Known Member

Bro YaZmEeN,

You must introduce the vanos seals to Uncle Aziz's e38 & e39.

20. YaZmEeN

YaZmEeN Active Member
    Staff Member

if the E39 is the single vanos, uncle aziz can borrow mine first since i have another one more spare.

well, like what i've said in the other thread, the vanos seal is the best mod ever...hehe

i think Herbert can open up the new thread for the new group purchase for the seal now. seems like more club guest has signed up together with the official member :cool: