1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Your UDM left you stranded

Discussion in 'BMW Talk' started by seremban, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Iqlima

Iqlima Club Guest

Once since own my 7, due to alternator. soon become third year. I bypass quite a number of sensors on my 7 by now.

Albert Einstein said " Computers are incredidly fast,accurate and stupid ; human are increadibly slow,inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination."

Get your hand dirty on ur UDM, I believe it won't let you down.Even if it fail, they are always way to cheat them.

2. initialM

initialM Official Member

Well said bro;)

Daniel, maybe u r not so lucky wt yr bimmer but hope it wont fade yr passion to udm. Try to work out some alternatives and analyze it. Maybe its time for u to go for next option:)

3. Daniel

Daniel Club Guest

I see i am proven correct once again.

Since honesty is something yet to be desired in here let me rephrase to the orginal poster.

Yes, buy the BMW that you're in the market for. You will find years of trouble free joy with it.

If you wish to use it to move house, it will be able to cargo more load than a one ton lorry.

If you wish to take it to track, it will run lower lap times than a Ferrari F430.

If you wish to pick up the babes, it will have much more panty snapping power than a Veryon.

It will never fail nor break down.

All you have read about BMWs having crap customer report from AB, rubbersized interior trims that seem to peel away, parts that fail, gearboxes with lifespans of 150,000kms etc are all malicious fiction.

And yes, pigs actually do fly.

4. Iqlima

Iqlima Club Guest

at one time E46 seem nice

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5629

and two month later it become nightmare

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6959

Alternative opinion

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355910

Car nowadays built not to last and Made in China too cheap to ignore.I can't blame for too many plastic on car nowadays and not to hurt anybody , E46 is not flagship of BMW also to have such good quality.

Cheers

5. DingChavez

DingChavez Club Guest

stranded twice

case 1. as per Anakin's story above, exact same symptoms exact same issue. no issues now as i now how to work around it (reset tci again heh)

case 2. in very heavy rain, water entered my distributor. car died cannot start. wait until rain stops, put on my B.A.R.T cap and got down and dirty.

both cases cost RM0 to get my car moving again :)

6. DingChavez

DingChavez Club Guest

Daniel, dont have to be so sarcastic dude. some of us get good cars, some got lemon ie you. as said, not all BMW's are lemons ie what you got, and not all BMW are perfect, ie like some other people get. OKAY? So you can moan about yours while other's can jump in joy about theirs. The guy who started this thread enq about the reliability and most forummers answered (including you) as what they have experienced. No need to become sarcastic and scathing. That does not show you are right (which you are, i've been following your troubles), just shows that you cant handle anger.

7. seremban

seremban Club Guest

Thank You all for sharing your experiences. Personally, I think UDM were made to last...not to be as reliable as the Japs. Durability and reliability are 2 different things.

And Thank You for the links.

Good Day.

8. Daniel

Daniel Club Guest

Ding,
    I say it like it is. No bullshit.

There are loads of people that will defend their decision to an inch of their life. Those people will NOT admit if they made a regretful decision but instead will fool themselves into thinking that the negative can be masked over with delusional lies.

I am not one of those people.

If i forked out 1.2million for a SL55, and that car had numerious defects, constant breakdowns etc etc.

And if i have driven and owned Porsches, and my Porsches performed better than my SL55 could.

I will admit that i made a bad decision and share my experiences with others, regardless of the money involved. I will not pretend and say that the SL55 is very fast, etc. What's the point of that? Everyone knows its performance capabilities. What counts is the actual experience of ownage. If someone needs performance charts and a description of the car, go buy a magazine.

So yeah, some people in here will not accept the truth. Yes, the truth hurts. But its still better then crap.

The original poster wanted to know how it would be like if he purchased a E46. So all those guys start mentioning how good it is, go buy, buy. But they fail to reveil the pains of E46 ownership. So, one by one, the pains and grions of the car raises it ugly head. Now, will the fresh owner of his E46 be happy? Him, enquiring in the BMW club of Malaysia & all the answers he got were only half of the truth.

I post up the truth. People do not like it.
    I post up the crap that people only like to hear. People Complain.

So I will stick to my own style and my advice to those that do not like what i have to say. Stop reading my posts! Then you won't learn anything. Go back into that little safety bubble and continue thinking that every decision you will ever make is the best one.

9. Daniel

Daniel Club Guest

Ah, you found the old posts! You just made the moderator's day!

Thanks!

10. Rainracer

Rainracer Club Guest

Eh...ok...In relation to the topic, I was stranded, 8 days after I got my e36 325i. Left my home and was on the way to a bachelor's party when suddenly the engine went dead and I couldn't start the car anymore. Luckily I could steer it towards the side of the road where there was no traffic. Got it towed back to my home since it was Saturday night and had to have my friend come fetch me instead for the bachelor's party. Got it towed to the workshop Monday evening after work. Problem: Fuel pump relay and wiring dead! Got my car the next day after work.

To be very very honest, my brand new GTi and Civic didn't leave me stranded at all before. However, I was mentally, physically and emotionally prepared when I bought my used e36. So I guess I just try to ride through the experiences, good and bad,stranded and moving.

11. wglee

wglee Club Guest

Touch wood, my 5 year old E46 with 140,000km on the clock has not left me stranded so far.