1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Wonderful Driving Routes in Malaysia!

Discussion in 'BMW Talk' started by k3nny, Jan 12, 2009.

1. k3nny

k3nny Club Guest

One of the joys of owning a BMW i suppose is to be able to use her on beautiful country roads that are a mix of twisty's and straights. I dont know of many but one of the routes that i use roughly once or twice a year is the KL - KARAK - BENTONG/RAUB/ - GUA MUSANG - KOTA BAHRU. Alot of twisty areas, going through small quaint little towns and finally the stretch between Gua Musang - Kota Bahru is quite long but nonetheless, a very nice drive if you're not in a hurry. I was actually told there was a nice route to try.Apparently you can take Karak all the way to Kuantan and then on to Kuala Terengganu, and maybe down to Temerloh and on to Grik/Gua Musang and back down towards Perak? The thing is someone also mentioned that somewhere along the way from Perak i think? that you will be driving down a highway or road that is exactly parallel to the Thai border and you can see elephants walking etc. Anyone have any idea where this is? If anyone has anymore wonderful driving routes as well, please feel free to share. Always nice to learn more of what the less explored sides of Malaysia has to offer and at the same time be able to explore our lovely BMW's. :) Thanks so much!

2. Iqlima

Iqlima Club Guest

Try road from Raub to Mempaga out to Karak Highway. No need to pass Raub and Bentong town if your end is Karak Highway.

Also you talking about Timur Barat Highway , go to Grik with Plus and then head to Tanah Merah with mention highway. You don't really want to meet with Mr. Gading on your way there.

3. redbaron

redbaron Guest

KL - Tapah - Cameron Highland - Gua Musang - Merapuh - Kuala Lipis -Kerambit - Mela - Kuala Tahan - Jerantut - Termeloh. Try this route you will enjoy.

Other route Kuala Terengganu - Kuala Berang - Kenyir - Ciku - Gua Musang - Cameron Higland - Simpang Pulai. This also very seronok.

KL - Tapah - Cameron Highland - Gua Musang - Merapuh - Kuala Lipis - Benta - Dong - Gali - Sungai Ruan - Lenbah Kelau - Mempaga - Sertik - Karak. You will exit Karak Highway. Try this route you will enjoy.

4. redbaron

redbaron Guest

Sg Petani - Baling - Pengkalan Hulu - Grik - East West Highway - Jeli - Gua Musang. To many route to post but for now this is quite enough.

5. Strider

Strider Club Guest

jalan tangsi

6. thule

thule Club Guest

Gua Musang - Kuala Krai is a killer stretch... just be careful when driving.
    Living in Kuala Lipis... I don't really like Bentong-Raub stretch coz it's too bumpy... but what redbaron mentioned above is great routes... but the road from Gua Musang-Lojing-Cameron Highlands is prone to landslide... I think there's a cave-in on one particular stretch there...
    You may want to try Karak-Kuala Pilah-Bahau-and so on...

7. climenta

climenta Official Member

The new Baling - Pengkalan Hulu access road is one of the best constructed in Malaysia. This winding road is on top of the hilliy region, enjoy a thrilling misty morning drive or even a late night drive. You'd get a feeling you're riding / driving in another country:)

Another road that is worth a mention is the Kuala Kangsar - Grik road that passes thru Sauk. This coastal road is more of a scenic road than a challenging drive, enjoy the fresh air & beautiful view before the dam:)

8. Strider

Strider Club Guest

I'm enjoying this route but not my mom.

9. k3nny

k3nny Club Guest

Im quite keen to take a tour of our malaysian countryside.

Any potential hazards for an E60 with 20' rims and H&R sport springs that are sometimes abit too bumpy? hehe.

Thanks so much for all the feedback. More routes coming so everyone can discover our wonderful country. :)

I notice alot of ppl confine themselves to the regular North South Highway and sometimes Karak side but there are alot more wonderful routes to discover if you are driving for the sake of the journey as opposed to the destination.

redbaron: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

10. nazrie

nazrie Club Guest

The simpang pulai - cameron highlands - gua musang junction is just the best - it's safe - lots of room for u to make mistakes and recover ... take the NS highway to Simpang Pulai exit , at traffic light take right and then next traffic light Right again and then ENJOYYYY! For bikers it is really heaven (have a look at the ROAD SIGN below ) if it's heaven for bikes , imagine for cars :) ... just simpang pulai to cameron highlands junction is enough..not much traffic... We usually go up and have a cuppa at the Green View Garden (strawberry farm) just before Cameron junction then come down. Going down is much more fun. All 54 kms of twisty fun . but from the traffic light , the first 5 kms on the way up try not to go all out . Lots of sand sometimes . If u go all the way to Gua musang junction ,turn Right takes u to gua musang , KB east coast lah. Turn Left takes u to Grik n west coast lah...Grik - Kuala Kangsar is the "elephant" road lah as u mentioned. Nice straights no cars and some twisties. simpang pulai - gua musang junction no holes ... safe.. turn left towards grik , be careful .. some potholes at times... Tapah - cameron not nice and not really safe and lots of traffic.. last Sunday on the way down , 1 brand new KTM RC8 - total loss .. and 3 other jap bikes went down at different locations .. Fortunately , all riders were unharmed as they had FullSuits on ... for me , I will always go up and down via simpang pulai..

These were taken last Sunday 11 Jan 09 ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. nazrie

nazrie Club Guest

here's a better pic .. It actually says " AWAS ! Kawasan Moto Besar "

12. redbaron

redbaron Guest

The KL kuantan road Is also interesting. What i mean is the old federal road. Than if you are in Kuantan try this route Ktn - Pekan - Rompin - Mersing or Ktn - Pekan - Rompin - Bandar Muaddzam - Bera - Termeloh that is if you chose to go Termeloh if not from Bera you can also go to Jelebu - Kuala Pilah - Seremban.

13. 535i

535i Club Guest

for top speed - PD - Seremban highway - weekdays ... !
    for layan corner : Simpang Pulai - Kg Raja .. heaven !! :top:

14. thule

thule Club Guest

Hahaha... just be careful at Jengka junction shortly before Maran... after Esso on your right if you are heading towards Kuantan... speed trap!!!!

15. flash

flash Club Guest

Heard in the radio the Ops Sikap starts next Monday....

16. redbaron

redbaron Guest

It will be nice if we can get all the hard core drivers combine and do round the peninsular drive.

17. gOdspEed

gOdspEed Club Guest

:top:......

18. shaifulo

shaifulo Club Guest

this i wanna do.....

19. redbaron

redbaron Guest

I have done this before. Even has all the route planted. I have ten cars this thing is on. Relax driving 3D/2N, fast driving 2D/3N and record driving it will be in 24hrs. Total distance will be 1800km.

20. alpina b5

alpina b5 Club Guest

kundasang, sabah