1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Will RM10k A Month Salary Enough To Own A F30 328

Discussion in 'BMW Talk' started by madrazcbr, Sep 13, 2012.

1. halidom

halidom Club Guest

if u dun have much commitment then by means it;s more than enough!!!

1 sentence: life is short!!!

2. steward-221

steward-221 Club Guest

if you've calculated all your commitment and you can afford then why not? But if you want a used one you have to get the car check by reliable mechanic. A troublesome car will drive you crazy

3. arresh

arresh Club Guest

Well said!!

4. ashworth

ashworth Club Guest

I'm taking a 5yr loan with 120k D/p, installment already 3k, unless you willing to stretch to 9 yrs @ 90% but dun expect to sell it within 5 yrs or you have to pay to sell your car...but if not brand concious why BMW??

5. ashworth

ashworth Club Guest

Can sue the doctor ah??

6. lazzydogg

lazzydogg Club Guest

thats like 10% per annum..... :S

7. shawn_esr

shawn_esr Club Guest

I doubt 10k salary/mo for 1 3/5 series would be any problem at all if you have 7k after commitments. I'm not talking about owning the car but making sure the car remains in your ownership in perfect condition. You're not gonna spend that 7 but it's just a safety measure just incase something unexpected happens (when it does, it'll burn you).

But here's my golden set of rules

Buy a car that you can maintain without having to search the sofa for spare change.
    The car works for you (or at least for me. my beemers were initially bought for business image.) not the other way around.
    Avoid loans if possible or worse case, 50% upfront. This helps in the long run even if there's a temporary cut to lifestyle.
    If you're worrying after getting answers, it's probably best to avoid.

Ie: I know I can afford an 8 series and its reconditioning but I also know that I CANT afford an 8 series and its reconditioning. (but I sure as hell want one)

Short Answer : 10 is plenty for a 3 and a 5 (Dare not say for a 7 as I have not owned a 7)

8. shawn_esr

shawn_esr Club Guest

I know it's not a question for me :p but ~ I'm not brand conscious as well (I don't even wear a watch).

My 2 reasons are

1- Business Image (I doubt my clients or investors or peers would be impressed at my GTR34 unless they know and love cars or my Perodua Kelisa.... which is wonderful to have as a first date weapon of choice and for pasar or grocery outings)
    2- I'm a guy who loves to drive and savor every moment on the road. (Hates finding parking)

9. x2n

x2n Club Guest

berpandukan buku jutawan dari planet jupiter, azizi ali...

roughly,
    gaji : rm10 000
    dana rizab : atlease 10%-30% = rm3 000 (need to save up atlease 3 to 12 times your salary. after that, up to you to save up more or stop)
    kereta : rm2 700
    rumah : rm2 000 (sorry i didnt go through the whole thread, i assume u have a house)
    belanja bulanan : rm1 150
    mak ayah : rm1150 (more is better)

total spend per month : rm 10 000

conclusion,
    yes, you can afford a bmw, depend on how you spend your money, how you maintain and how much you know about your car. a normal mech can maintain a bmw without having a 5 figure income, but because he know about cars.

just my opinion tho...

10. Val101

Val101 Club Guest

Reading 19 pages of discussion about this Subject Matter is really making me Sick! Hello, your Money is Good enough to get you the Car you want to Buy if you really want to get it! Sure if you want to do investment with the said Income per month you earn, you wont be here talking to us about you getting a Car in the First Place. Now the Thread is going Off and on Topic, You even went to test drive a BMW means you know you can be able to Afford it...so why debating on this issue when almost 60% of BMW Owner's or if not more than that don't earn 10k a month Salary before they owned their first BMW (Am among the 60%:top:)

According to InnitiaM "The Sheer Driving Pleasure of Ultimate Diving Machine is priceless. Enuff said, now go and get your BMW!"

"JOYFULLY BMW"

11. UDMer

UDMer Club Guest

This thread started >6 months ago,... bro, after 19 pages surely your income already >10K ,..:top:
    Go and get your UDM and enjoy its Sheer Driving Pleasure,... I got mine 2 weeks ago and enjoying every single moment with it...brilliant

12. insomniac

insomniac Club Guest

At a salary of rm10k a month I wouldn't buy a brand new 3 series. But then again thats just me. If its not being used to offset company income I don't feel its worthwhile. Hahahaha... rather get an old e39 and dump in a V8, supercharger, turbocharger and mod the hell out of it. A great deal less than buying a new car and you'd have a good deal more fun.

Then again, who am I to say; I don't even earn rm10k monthly ;)

13. shawn_esr

shawn_esr Club Guest

^ Very very well said. If nothing more it's starting to sound like a 'valueless boast' in an attempt of gathering information. If it isn't I do apologize however, a BMW IS AN INVESTMENT. That's how I view it at least. It's easier to handle brand conscious clients, if you're a business owner it builds your company image, it gives your employees something to talk about (if you're a good boss or colleague or peer it'll be a topic of good deeds) and the list goes on and on and~~~ on.

Of course, the greatest benefit of a BMW is the smile you get every morning when you're greeted by that acoustic sound as you fob it in and your start up routine begins. Even more so when you're driving in a traffic jam and (no nothing to do with ego or feeling superior but) you realize you're probably in a more comfortable environment than most around you. A good start to a day is what makes a good day.

I know someone who loves beemers so much he owned his first at 2k and that e36 that he first bought back then (10 years-ish) is the very reason he is who and where he is today. So as Val says,

14. Val101

Val101 Club Guest

Shawn what you stated above is just like you are talking about me and it has nothing to do with ego or feeling superior but thats the Truth! And because of your above Stated reasons...i got a BMW! This is perfect " It's easier to handle brand conscious clients, if you're a business owner it builds your company image, it gives your employees something to talk about" Thank you for this sentence!:top:

15. shawn_esr

shawn_esr Club Guest

:D Awesome minds think alike *bro five*

16. Zairini

Zairini Club Guest

First, let me introduce myself.

I am a newbie in this forum. My name is Zairini, just got my F30 last week.

In terms of pay, I used to own a used E36 when I was earning 5k per month. Based on my experience and advice from some financial guy, "always make sure
    your monthly commitment is not more than 50% of your nett income".....

regards,

Zai