1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Tionged by Suzuki Swift.....

Discussion in 'Other Makes' started by bimmerman, Sep 15, 2005.

1. bimmerman

bimmerman Club Guest

Was driving down the kerinchi link on the fast lane after paying the toll at about 80kph before the twisty bits on my slo-mo E34 520 when out of nowhere came this grey Swift and stuck itself 6 inches from my rear bumper. How rude i thought! So i nailed the throttle and was doing almost 130Kph approaching the twisties when suddenly the swift broke into song! It was squeeling so loudly as the distance that separated us grew further and further. I could hear it 3 car lengths behind me as the squealing was further amplified as the sound reveberated off the concrete barriers. At the end of the twisties i backed off the throttle as the distance that separated us was almost 4 car lengths already. Then suddenly i heard a loud but high pitched metalic shriek from the Swifts engine as the kiasu fella probably hit 7000rpm or something like that as he overtook me from the left to head down to midvalley at about 120kph. Caught a glimpse of the driver, middle aged, dark and wearing a West McLaren cap with a red T-shirt. Huh? Can't decide if he likes Mercedes or Ferrari but settled for a Suzuki and drives like Kimi.And people say the Swift handles well? Well maybe but not without a lot of protest from them tires. And old underpowered bimmer can still show the hot hatch a thing or two about fast sweepers. Not one bit of squeal on the old bimmer! Betcha the swift would have a hard time overtaking me at Sepang except in the straights.

2. kevster30

kevster30 Club Guest

NICE! Jap hatches suck......especially when they do not have multi-link suspension but credit to the Swift driver for trying......

3. bimmerman

bimmerman Club Guest

The engineers at BMW are really something. Your car and mine don't have multi link suspension but can certainly handle!

In my memory only 1 japanese car really did give me a fright while cornering and that was a Nissan Sentra B13 or known in Malaysia as Genting Teksi! Yup, the americans call it the spiritual sucessor of the BMW 2002tii. Remember that one? Overtook me on the way down from genting and did not even brake for the next corner. But maybe the cabbie just knew the roads better. :D