1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Syntium 7000 0W-40 engine oil review

Discussion in 'Engine Tech' started by Nailofar, Dec 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

Hi all,

I am driving 2010 E90 320d and recently i replaced my engine oil to Petronas Syntium 7000 0W-40. Previously, the car used Ravenol then Syntium 3000.

As for Syntium 7000, this is new product from Petronas that is suitable for both petrol and diesel passenger car and got approval/specification for BMW LL-01. I know that the oil grade 0W is not required for our weather condition here but i am interested with low SAPS technology (Sulphated ash, phosphorus and sulphur) which i believe can give optimum engine protection in all conditions.

Sometimes, people always say that the higher number for Syntium(7000,5000,3000,1000), the thinner the oil. Actually it is depend on the viscosity of the oil in cold and hot temperature. When i compare the viscosity between Syntium 7000, 3000, Ravenol VMO 5W-40, Liqui Moly Toptec 4100, the viscosity is not much different at 100 degC.

So, after 1000k my driving with Syntium 7000, i can feel that the drive is smoother and slightly reduce diesel engine clatter. Even I am surprised that my wife also can notice the engine is smoother when she drive the car. Normally she don't care what i pour to the engine. This is just my personal experience (no technical prove/dyno to compare) and i am glad to share with fellow BMW owners here.

Syntium 7000 spec:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Liqui Moly Toptec 4100:

[​IMG]

Ravenol VMO 5W-40:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://youtu.be/ADhL_nxRRx4

Attached Files:

2. Xthree

Xthree Club Guest

ok bro , i'll try on my next oil change . thanks for the info ...

Nailofar likes this.
  3. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

What car and oil are you using now bro?

4. Fadhlan

Fadhlan Official Member

Great stuff! Thanks for the review.

Nailofar likes this.
  5. cyc_gt4

cyc_gt4 New Member

My car is 2010 F10 523i. I had been using Syntium 7000 0W-40 after the warranty is over. If compare with factory oil, i can feel the engine smoother, lighter and also very powerful at high speed. I drove my cousin's F10 with exactly the same model and year cos we bought together, his car fully serviced at Ingress Auto. I can feel the different. My car is much more responsive. I am using 19inch rim and he is using standard 17inch rim.

Nailofar likes this.
  6. Nailofar

Nailofar Official Member

winning formula from Petronas. driving like Lewis Hamilton. hehe.

mubin likes this.
  7. Nmr Nik Soh

Nmr Nik Soh Club Guest

hi Nailofar, this means that, i heard do not refill Diesel from petronas but engine oil from petronas is ok..hehehehe, did u do by your self to change engine oil n diesel filter??

mubin likes this.