1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Inter Car Club Bowling Tournament

Discussion in 'Member's Meet up' started by Daredevil, Apr 17, 2006.

1. NKTOB

NKTOB Club Guest

i second u.........that's what car clubs is all about!!!

2. Daredevil

Daredevil Founding Member

Ok, Bundy, you wanna lead this charge?

3. fabianyee

fabianyee Founding Member

There's no stopping members from initiating a bowling meet. Doesn't need a committee to arrange for such events.

As for sponsoring the team fees, will have to sell more Shirts and T-shirts to get more fund loh.. Anyone else buying??? Payment please. However, there are other bills for the club to pay for as well.. Maybe able to sponsor partially, will need approval from the committee.

4. okow

okow Club Guest

...you dont get my point, do you.

5. fabianyee

6. okow

okow Club Guest

The title reads: "Inter Car Club Bowling Tournament". so, shouldnt THIS car club get involved in some way instead just us 5 members who list our interest in supporting this event and perhaps fielding a team in the Club's name?

Im not talking about sponsorship, that's just a trivial amount but the spirit and probably the "recognition" that it is an "official" event.

Not just few blokes calling each other for a game to select a team to represent. ..

Are you - the committee, then suggesting that we go throw a few balls, select ourselves, enter the Inter Car Club Bowling Tournament representing BMW Club Malaysia and then post the results here for all to read?

Its not like an individual member posting a lets meet-up session, like....come and whack a few balls over tennis tonite, or lets shoot some pool this weekend.....

As I suggested in one of my earlier posts, it would be good if we had our little own tournaments of sorts, ie, futsal, tennis, pool, bowling, foosball
    to select our team/s for future Inter Car Club related challenges....
    ..but then again, all this would be futile if members dont participate and the committee doesnt "support"

....afterall, this thread was a suggestion by our Car Club President.

7. fabianyee

but to get a team, we need to get the members to start throwing balls first. Not sure how many ppl would be interested in it in the first place, but judging from the response in the thread, it didn't seem to rouse any interest. To start it off, when u have a few members interested and start to bowl regularly, others would join in. Then u'll have a sizeable number to have a trials selection. There maybe some interested members but adopt the wait and see... Get the ball rolling first. then there'll be more.

No point having an event when the feeler response ain't warm enuff...

8. Daredevil

Hahaha....just opened a can of worms. Let me clarify some points. Firstly, I didn't suggest this tournament. I received this invitation in my mailbox last week. In fact it was also attentioned to the Presidents/VPs of a few other car clubs. I took the liberty to convey the message to our members. That's all.

As for the title, I was merely ripping the headline from the poster.

If it's so difficult to get more than 5 members who show genuine interest in 'throwing that few balls', we will just scrap it at the end of the day. No point trying to create a thunderstorm with just 5 people doing the rain dance. :rolleyes:

9. okow

okow Club Guest

That's exactly the point....now that I have a committee "getting" involved...even if its posting here in this thread, it does make a difference.
    Like you mentioned, if there is not enough interest, then it would be scrapped but we ALL should try.

What would be nice to see is, initiatives like this should be seconded by the "club", hence getting a "club official" - A committee member "involved".

Just by posting "hey, common guys, lets support this event" or posting the "date" and "venue" for the trials and hopefully also being there in person goes a long way for support.

It should be "sanctioned".

10. okow

okow Club Guest

DD, with due respect, I beg to differ with your point.

Yes, the can worms was probably waiting for someone like you to come open it.

You are the President of our club and its only good protocol that invites of this nature from other car clubs are attentioned to you and or the VP..

By the mere fact of this notice of a "Inter Car Club Tournament" even reaching you, the orginasers has recognised "US" and probably also eager for our participation.

We probably need some words of encouragement every once in a while from an "official" to boost events of this nature.

From previous experiences here, some really genuine members only log in every once in a while and topics like this just get by passed.

It should not be scrapped just yet.

11. Daredevil

Agreed okow. Ok, let's shoot some balls...oops...I mean throw some balls.

I'm game provided if time permits during my short trip back. After that we can probably have a few cold ones. Besides the Sunway Bowling Alley, where else? Anybody's club house has bowling alleys? Perhaps if it's a small group, we can meet at a clubhouse or something. Anybody member of Kiara Club? A group of use to play there....

The old gang i.e. chester, bmdriver, gene, desbimmer, paku pakis, blah blah blah....

12. okow

okow Club Guest

...besides Sunway, there's one in BSC too. Several in KL, ie Cheras, Ampang...not too sure exactly where.

I also heard that wirelessjunkie, juan powderbulu also bowl.!

13. Daredevil

yes, almost forgot about mr John 'Average 198' Powerbulu. Hey JPB, where art thou???? :eek:

14. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

6. Juan Powerblow reporting for duty! :p

It's not just about winning. It's about knowing we tried and we did our best! I think we MUST participate so that the world at large know there's a BMW Club in Malaysia and they're willing to take any chalen. So, I wanna be part of this team even tho I bowl like a girl, really! On committee support, it doesn't have to be pecuniary but at least rally members to join the fun and organise this pwopwewy i.e. encourage about 20 potential participants and we do a knockout to the best 8 to form 2 teams. So how? BSC? what day? I can book the lanes but you prawn sandwich munching cigar blowing whiskey drinking internet wanking donut dunking ready to take on the Perodua guys onot?

15. NKTOB

NKTOB Club Guest

ok, get on then guys...enuf bickering! Let's get bowling at BSC or Sunway Pyramid whichever is fine, time n date please..............

then i'll start getting the cobwebs off my bowling shoes n ball.....

16. NKTOB

NKTOB Club Guest

- bump -

17. XXX

XXX Founding Member

ok where do i sign up..?

18. nikazwaa

nikazwaa Club Guest

Let's start this all over shall we? :)

BMW Club Malaysia Bowling Team Selection

Venue : To Be Confirmed (BSC? Sunway? Ampang Point?)
    Time : To Be Confirmed (I propose 13th May)

Participants:
    1) okow
    2) NKTOB
    3) Dingchavez
    4) retrosurfer
    5) Lionel_Koh
    6) Juanita Powerblow
    7) XXX
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)

I'll come and watch. I can't throw for peanuts. How's that sound???

19. NKTOB

NKTOB Club Guest

boleh jadi manager no problem...........

20. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

Can we do it on weekday nites?