1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Inlet & Exhaust Cam Sensor Changed

Discussion in '5 Series' started by saat, Jan 25, 2005.

1. saat

saat Club Guest

I posted the below a couple of weeks back:"The misus complained that her E39 stalled on her at a junction and there was significant loss of power.I tested and found the idling was rough. The pickup was sluggish and that the engine popped at the initial RPM climb (2000 RPM) and then the engine shook quite badly at 5000 RPM.Took it to the workshop. The computer said it was the inlet sensor. Changed it (RM400) and the power delivery was still sluggish.The spark plugs are surprisingly clean and good.Last area - fuel system. Took out the fuel filter from the underside of the car under the front pax. Drained the fuel out of the filter. First nice clear blue (V-Power). Then slightly murky. The third cup was exactly like my regular nescafe. The residue felt rough like metal and when it settled it was thick like goo.Changed the filter (didint want to just clean it) and put back the old sensor. Better now."The misus complained again of the car stalling in KL traffic and sluggish pickup yeaterday. In we go again to the workshop this morning, this time the computer showed fault on both the inlet and exahust camshaft position sensor. Changed both at approx RM400 each. I will not give any judgement until after using it for at least a week. If this doent work, I dont know what else to change.

2. flash

flash Club Guest

Change the car... seriously, since it is giving you so many problems (since the time you got the car).

3. affan66

affan66 Founding Member

must be the stock HU giving bad signals throughout the car. :D *cabut*

4. skycon

skycon Club Guest

If all else fail, try to clean up the air mass meter and intake muffler (air box) portion. Make sure every thing there are tie up corrently n properly. It works for me once b4.

5. flash

flash Club Guest

Hmmm, ICE racunner at it again...

6. hazim

hazim Club Guest

:D BMW...Banyak Makan Wang! But it's d car!

Saat...check the airmass, it happened to my E39 before.

7. dvng

dvng Club Guest

sounds like the camshaft and crankshaft sensor is playing up. I think your mechanic is referring to these sensors. They are actually RM250 & RM273 from BA or S$80 and S$90 from Singapore.