1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E46 Air con problem

Discussion in 'E46' started by braine5, Mar 26, 2008.

1. braine5

braine5 Club Guest

hello to every senior member here,i would to seek for ur help,currently, my car E46 325 air con got problem here,the driver side and one of the center side coming out hot air while the other working very well..so...when driving that time, i gotta shut off the air for the driver seat ( hot la)i have been one nearby workshop for this problembut mechanic said should be leaking ,he need about 2k plus for fixing and changing the cooling coil...and he ask me to take out the heater valve as wellso he ask me leave the car for few days..but i reject alreadi..coz need to use the car..somemore not very confident with himso..have any brother encounter this problem

2. Bailey

Bailey Club Guest

jes go to naidu & let him check , he's a bmw a.cond expert we shld say

3. kayz

kayz Official Member

Bro Bailey,

Can you let me know where is Naidu workshop or if you has his H/P nos. pls forward. You assistant is much appreciated.

Thanks

4. Bailey

Bailey Club Guest

it is behind shell station opposite of EPF building in PJ, if u r cumming from KL(midvalley) turn left after the pintu gerbang and u wont miss the shell rite after the EPF building

5. braine5

braine5 Club Guest

naidu...
    yeah i have heard of some forumer mention his name also...
    naidu will ask us to refill gas only if this problem happen..
    but how long can it last..?
    have anyone have same problem as me and get it fixed by naidu?
    wat the charges look like?

anyway, naidu is well recommendedby u all...i believe he really expert in this problem

so...can any brother here pm the naidu contact..?

6. devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate Club Guest

bro,

naidu's contact is celcom-2110554.

do not vouch for anyones services - please visit at your own risk.

my personal experience - only one visit so far - has been good.

Cheers.

7. kayz

kayz Official Member

Bro Bailey,

Thanks for the info.

8. braine5

braine5 Club Guest

kayz, do u facing the same problem as me..?

anyway thank for all the brother for sharing your experience
    especially brother devilsadvocate for naidu's contact.. i really appreciate it so much

btw, i called naidu just now, he ask me to send the car for checking 1st..
    but i am not free for this week, so maybe will go on next week

hopefully able to solve my problem.... =)

9. Akay

Akay Club Guest

Got the same problem a couple days back. Went to BM World, Desa Pandan. Replaced the evaporator temperature sensor (RM100) and aircond blower resistor (RM 370). Labor was another RM85. Aircond was fine after that.

Cheers

10. Bix

Bix Club Guest

Bro Braine5, I'm not sure if it might be the same problem as my mom's E38 but it sure does sound similar. I reckon that it might has to do with the air conditioning flap panel. I got it fixed by shutting the flap panel, as the main cause of the problem is the control panel.

I was informed by my mechanic that the control panel for the air-cond is faulty and need to be changed. However, I haven't changed it yet. So, he closed the flap, which is the cause of the warm air from the engine, manually. This is just a temporary solution. A permanent one would be changing the control panel to a new one.

I am in no position to say what is wrong with your air-cond or how it can be fixed but it might be worth a try.

11. BMW6161

BMW6161 Club Guest

Hi, have you solve the problem? my car same problem as you now. the hot air from driver side and found the air-con water oily after parked. mechanic said the cooling coil leaking.

12. affan66

affan66 Founding Member

sounds like heater valve.

13. braine5

braine5 Club Guest

well, problem solved after visit Naidu
    According to Naidu, there was colling coil leaking, and he about 1 day to fixed it becoz need to dismantle the dasboard as well...

so RM1.6k for Behr Cooling Coil, local valve, macrofilter, gas , and labor
    6 months warranty provided.. i think the price is quite reasonable..

so far, the air con work well after i fix it....hope this will help ..

btw, 10q for the all the sifu and brother who assisted me to solve my problem.

14. Hafizzul

Hafizzul Club Guest

if 1 or 2 panels is hot while the others are OK, thats mean yr refrigerant system are ok (refrigerant system = condenser+evaporator+expansion valve +compressor). its just a matter of tranfering the cool air to the right panel. hot air mainly from yr engine bay....

15. braine5

braine5 Club Guest

yes, it's was exactly the same thought when i was facing this kinda problem..
    so..i refuse to do it at first, then i try to seek for other air con expert for more idea...

Naidu & other told me about the cooling coil leakage, so i try to refill the gas only ..if its really become cooler then meant they are right ...
    And wat...my air con back to normal after gas refilled....all the panel come out cool air...and i was very happy with it...coz can save $$$ and time..hehe

but its only last for about 2 week....then hot air again..! thus its make me gotta believe about wat Naidu said..

HOwever, i really dunno wat's the part that Naidu done and changed for my car becoz i left my car there, since its need about 6 to 7 hours to fix it.. lazy to wait...i left after i saw him dismantle the dashboard.. when i came back..all done.. But i saw one cooling coil put aside, and according to Naidu this was the coil that removed from my car....and i saw a new box too..which Naidu said thats the box for new coil..alreadi install inside my car...
    i checked the brand....the coil is Behr brand...the coil manufacturer for BMW

Anyway, my car air con running well so far...happy with it...:top:

16. BMW6161

BMW6161 Club Guest

Hi Braine5,
    how much for the cooling coil and labor charge? i was quote by workshop $800+ for the cooling coil (dun know what brand) and $450 labor charge. reasonable?
    Any one know where to fix the problem in JB?

17. affan66

affan66 Founding Member

good you solved your problem.

18. braine5

braine5 Club Guest

well, i pay 1.6k for the cooiling coil, valve, macrofilter, & gas...
    sound reasonable in KL area...i presume

19. anaksarawak

anaksarawak Official Member

The cold air sure worth the $$$$ we paid especially in this HOT HOT country

20. pocik

pocik Club Guest

Gentlemen....had same problem...as usual came here to find some helps and advices and called NAIDU last sunday...was asked to sent on monday morning...slight bz so finally sent on midday...by evening my car was ready with new cooling coil...expansion valve...condenser...new gas and compressor oil for RM1600....FAST n GOOD!!! TQ GUYS!!!