1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

can 320i m54 outrun civic 2.0 k20?

Discussion in 'E46' started by safuanorsham, Jan 27, 2010.

1. initialM

initialM Official Member

No one will proud if end up in the drain. Drive carefully when road is wet. You cant beat the law of physics. Normal la other driver will always try to overtake BMW even in Vios. Of course 328 is torquey wt 280nm. No replacement for displacement especially for BMW(except for SC or TC BMW engine).

2. JFT63

JFT63 Well-Known Member

True iM,the weight distribution attributes to the ultimate driving feel..i like the look of GTI but still adore my e39 though..

3. initialM

initialM Official Member

By the way your car is my fren ex car.

4. elwine30

elwine30 Guest

BMW never shouts about their 0-100 km/h, their performance or how fast they can go. However, they do focus on Ultimate Driving Machine (back then) and Sheer Driving Pleasure. Someone shared with me that the philosophy of BMW from day 1 is to make the car fun/enjoyable to drive and to own. How many car makes in the world can give the satisfaction of Joy of driving behind a wheel. It may not be the fastest car on the road, but it sure does put a smile to the driver whenever he drives.

Not to forget, the BMW is not only a car that fun to drive but it looks sexy as well. They have created iconic models like E30, E21, E31, E24 and etc. Most of BMW models regardless of cycle time (aka generations) won many hearts of men, women, young, old and etc.

5. fabianyee

fabianyee Founding Member

Have to remember that all the boyracers always target BMWs as car to beat and then bragged that they outrun a BMW from the traffic light... But BMW were not made to be a traffic light warrior... It was made to cruise on the autobahn...

Watever it is, whichever car u drive, always drive within your skill limit and your car's limit.... It only takes 1 mistake for the car to land in the ditch or off the cliff... so drive safe....

6. Eggie86

Eggie86 Club Guest

Spot on bro. :top:

I might be driving an old, beat up E32, which may idle noisily and is almost 24 years old this year, but heck, I still am having such a great time behind the wheel. I mean, come on, who can resist having a driver-centric dashboard, a super solid feel, and best of all, the kudos of actually being able to drive such a handsome car. Just today, I actually looked back not once, not twice, but thrice after I parked my car! :4:

Nobody makes cars as timeless as the E39s, 34s, 32s, 24s, 31s anymore... :top:

7. initialM

initialM Official Member

Thats why I want to sell my BMW and drive Saga, so no one will cucuk my car anymore

8. badrul880

badrul880 Nil

Sorry to say this but at the 1st place, why bother?? Peace..

9. initialM

initialM Official Member

10. JFT63

JFT63 Well-Known Member

Wah, is he the 1st or the 2nd owner?

11. safuanorsham

safuanorsham Club Guest

same things happen to me..

12. FIRZ67

FIRZ67 Club Guest

Safuan, just curios which model is civic Mconcept?
    Just to share, I own civic FD before my E90. even my E90 N46 is only 2.0 4 potter, yup if sprint I kena, but to reach 200kmh, beemer will reach that speed faster than civic and less stress to the engine.

13. Fireuz

Fireuz Club Guest

Straight battle shouldn't be a prob, and no doubt about it bro. You still can take over camry 3.0 when cruising at 180kph. But if in cornering type battle, very difficult to catch that fella. May be I'm lack of driving skills and confident.

And again, as sifus and pros advised here, there's nothing to be proud if you end up in the drain. Drive carefully, stay safe...:vroam:

14. achtung

achtung Club Guest

no need to drive like that in public roads... endangering other people's lives for what? to prove ur beemer is faster than civic.
    shame on u !!!!
    i have no respect for anyone who does this kind of acts .. go to the track and burn rubber laaa!!!! more macho!!!

15. Fireuz

Fireuz Club Guest

:top:Yes achtung.. you're right.. absolutely right... let's set one track day, so that everybody can vroom as fast as they want with their beast...:rock:

16. JFT63

JFT63 Well-Known Member

True, dont put other people's lives at stake. But there are times that we are freaking out flooring the pedal gas tailgating some despicable morons who think they own the tarmac..I always self talk to calm down,let him go..my humble 6 cents

17. safuanorsham

safuanorsham Club Guest

hehe.. but at PD highway after 12night is no more consider as public road..:4: okey,sorry to all sifus.. i dun drive like that all d times.. only sometimes when feel gatal or sleepy..:smokin:

18. elwine30

elwine30 Guest

Once upon a time, we did have a showdown with the Honda in Sepang. So back then, we have shown what beemers can do and also what the Honda R can do as well. But it was fun then. :). We even had a drag race with the Hondas.

19. ALIAS

ALIAS Club Guest

Interesting topic. Just to share. I drive an E39 with M54 2.5-litre engine. When I was driving up Genting, a 2.0-litre 155-hp Civic was on my tail. The only time I could shake the guy off was when the road straighten up and going uphill. In corners the Civic would always stay with me. Since I couldn't lose the guy, just let him pass. I'd rather drive on empty roads. Nobody in front or behind. Can really enjoy the road.

20. Herbert

Herbert Well-Known Member

Replace your original anti-roll bars with either Eibach or H & R. You will be see a vast difference when taking fast corners (even 90 degrees). Go on manual drive mode or D/S mode.