1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW perfomance exhaust

Discussion in '1 Series' started by bukanmain, Apr 17, 2012.

1. bukanmain

bukanmain Club Guest

I tried searching for it Calvin from Eurotuner told me I need to do;1. exhaust clamp2.rear bumper bottom trim3.respray number 1 acceptable but to trim bumper.... I read in singapore bmw club also E88 couldnt fit this must adjust alot .. Tomorrow when i pick up my car from Wearnes ill ask em again about this..I saw it says 1 and 3 series available Anybody got an idea about it? Im trying to stay away from Everco exhaust because i like original tested items

fknbyojji likes this.
  2. tIANcI

tIANcI Club Guest

Why not look into a Remus? Just getting mine installed into my E90 and its cheaper than the BMW PE. Of course its only the box and pipes unlike the PE. Still PE will hardly give you much increase in HP.

3. bukanmain

bukanmain Club Guest

reason being im a student and if anything screw up i can tell my parents its original and play the blame game on BMW i dont wanna be getting "Told you must use original items not some sunway shop" and they only willing to pay for original items for me

Remus same thing need to adjust to fit i think last time theres this guy from BMWCM did his

4. tIANcI

tIANcI Club Guest

I checked with BMW about my exhaust, they said tukar tong ok la. No issues for warranty. :0) but again better safe than sorry!

5. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Most of the time you need to cut the diffuser a bit :) I'm on original Eisenmann for E60 and that too you need to cut a bit. It's impossible to have it plug/play.

6. kolamp

kolamp Club Guest

Exhaust clamp suppose to come together with PE when u purchase it...for rear diffuser dont think need to change just trim it a little or adjust d PE to leave some gap between the exhaust & diffuser during installation..

7. bukanmain

bukanmain Club Guest

since no one did it before quite scary to be the first who trim bumper..

tukar tabung IF anything low reading from exhaust or intake consider kaput warranty..Already had a long talk with wearnes i might wait eventhough the offer price is too good...

clamp must buy separate bro already ask few shops..

8. kolamp

kolamp Club Guest

Got mine that comes together with the PE...installed it without any trimming and deleted my resonator so far no check light or anything...but mine is e90 not e88 :eek:

9. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Bro I want to check with you. After deleting the resonator, do you lose any low end torque or does your dashboard vibrate badly during low end? Just want to make sure before I consider doing mine, lol.

10. kolamp

kolamp Club Guest

In fact, from my butt dyno feels a lil more less restrictive than having a resonator...low end torque feels almost d same with or without resonator...no bad drone in cabin while cruising nor vibration on dashboard....just a lil bit noisier than PE+resonator but not much...but 1 thing for sure, outside sound is awesome!

11. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Haha, ok boss :) How did you actually remove the resonator? Do you replace it with piping or swap it with a bullet? No performance increase even from butt dyno? I hope it's not too loud in the cabin (especially during high speed).

12. kolamp

kolamp Club Guest

They cut out this section:
    [​IMG]From Drop Box

Make a new mid pipe:
    [​IMG]From Drop Box

Weld back the missing section with new mid pipe:
    [​IMG]From Drop Box

Thats how it looks like:
    [​IMG]From Drop Box

Not to say no performance increase but from butt dyno feels less restrictive & minimal...still able to listen to radio while high speed cruising but need to pump up the volume abit laa...exhaust+wind noise summore hehehee...

13. Histlers

Histlers Club Guest

HI Kolamp,

your is 118,120 or 116?

14. kolamp

kolamp Club Guest

Dear Histlers,

Mine is actually e90 as mentioned before...sorry for hijacking 1er thread hehe :eek:

15. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

Hahaha, got it boss and looks good :) I am tempted to do on mine (E60). Sorry again to hijack 1 siri thread, lol.
    Btw, which shop did you go and how much does it cost?

16. bukanmain

bukanmain Club Guest

nice thoughts i went eurotuners turns out MIGHT not need to trim bumper as our 118i have opening about 17 1/2 cm the PE only 16cm but this is not consider the shapes