1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW F10 523i vs E200 CGI Sport

Discussion in 'F10, F11, F07' started by RH5, Jun 5, 2011.

1. RH5

RH5 Club Guest

I just test drove the 2011 E200 CGI Sport today (UK)... a loaner with only about 450 miles on the clock..!! I could say the ride was ok but I noticed that the E Class transmission was not that smooth right after I drove the C Class CGI C250.. probably because the E200 CGI is still on the 5 speed auto but the new C Class C250 is on the 7 speed transmission.. The E Class sports seat is better to compare with the sports seat in F10... they come with lumbar support and the adjustable side support... This is the comfort seat options in the F10.. I ordered my 523i without doing any test drive... by looking at the fact sheet on their brochures, i think both cars are similarly underpowered ... but i would like to think that the 523i is better as it is a 6 cylinders engine to compare with the 4 cylinders E200 CGI.. anybody have driven both car before..? What do you think about both cars..?The E200 CGI is definately not so Sonata with the AMG bodykit on it.. SEXY i have to admit. Here you go.. [video=youtube;zdm78jCZ22s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdm78jCZ22s[/video]

2. Rayhwc

Rayhwc Club Guest

I have driven an E300, C250 and 523. The driving and handling experience in the BMW is better. I think MB represents better value for money in terms of the features that come standard for a given price. The MB also seems to give better visibility of the extremities off the car which makes a difference in daily driving. Both makes are obviously quality products so the decision will be down to personal priorities.

I don't seem to hear anyone else talking about it but does it seem like the back seat passengers in the 5 series seem to sit very low in the car? I find that I am looking at the top 3/4 of the front seat back and feels slightly claustrophobic. This is even more significant if the front seats are comfort seats which seem to dominate the view of the rear passengers. Anyone else feel that or is it just me? This could also be the reason why the rear entertainment screens are located lower on the front seat back instead of the headrests like all other makes. I don't get that same feeling in the MB nor my current e39.

3. alpina b5

alpina b5 Club Guest

the e-class looks like a camry from the back. nuff said. XD