1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Z4 Coupe

Discussion in 'Z Series' started by supergripen, Aug 19, 2009.

1. supergripen

supergripen Club Guest

Hello everyone..just wondering if there are Z4 coupes here in Malaysia.I see a lot of Z4 convertibles but have yet to see a coupe other than the Z4 M that I saw at AB Glenmarie.Also wondering how much one would go for,say an early model M54 engined 3.0??Started to like Z4s after seeing Andrewkoon's very very nice Z4 the other day.Was actually in the process of purchasing a Nissan Sylvia S15R,but now I'm aching for a Z4 coupe.Thanx guys.

2. CleanWorldPeace

CleanWorldPeace Club Guest

Hi there,

I have an 07 Z4 coupe. Bought it last year at AB Glen. Was less than 6 months old and cost closed to 400K. Didn't you see a Z4M H/Top Coupe during the track day? Thought Andrew has a convertible?

3. shaifulo

shaifulo Club Guest

hi,

Z4 coupe only came into production in 2006. I dun think they have M54 engine, all N52. Since Z4 was designed as a roadster, the coupe is much heavier...unlike other bmws where the cabrio version is heavier due to chassis strengthening

price wise, the coupe wud still be expensive, >300k easy

why coupe in particular....roadster not nice?

4. davidtclim

davidtclim Club Guest

hi supergripen, in malaysia have z4m coupe 4 units in blue and 3 in other colour and z4 coupe have more then
    10 over units. there is one z4m coupe in blue colour interial red is for sales at rm 378 k.00 pls call him john
    +60109030303:top:

5. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Aiseyman macha,

How many times must I tell you? Don't waste your time. How many beemers have you owned so far? It's time for an M3. E46 M3 OK what? Already proven on track day. This is the only car you'll ever want and you'll ever need.

6. David Yong

David Yong Club Guest

Very TRUE! :wink:

7. erica34

erica34 Club Guest

but z4 coupe stylo mar. unless u want to whack your car almost everytime u drive it. drive to work tekan, drive to supermarket hantam and coming back from drinks lagi no need say. most people probably wont don't drive an m like an m most of the time. and most of that other time, the e46 m3 can't turn heads like a z4.

8. CleanWorldPeace

CleanWorldPeace Club Guest

Absolutely. After one year, the cheap thrill of seeing people turning to look at my Z4 still feels so good, baybee......:eek:

9. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Bro, I don't think you understand supergripen. Just to go pasar beli sayur he already needs Imprezza STi. OK, for stylo sake people like him probably needs Z4 M coupe. But why must he spend more when the E46 M3 can give the same amount of fun?

10. erica34

erica34 Club Guest

since he already aching for a z4, encourage him a bit lor. more z4 on the road, higher chance of seeing one mar. perhaps bright white instead of low key grey. already so many m3 running around. i dont have eagle eyes so can't tell real from wannabe. me probably one of them admirers who had turned head to look at peace's z4.

11. supergripen

supergripen Club Guest

I'm planning to get something intimate,low,hunkered down and rare..the Z4 comes as the obvious choice as its a BMW.Not trying to take anything away from the M3,the only thing I don't like about it is the familiar shape,very much like a Ci to the non-anorak.Funfer,I'm not ruling out the M3 just yet tho u'll be happy to hear.
    Z4M at rm370k+ sounds like a bargain compared to a Cayman S that I went to see yesterday..ex-SIDRA car,white with black leather interior and red seatbelts with red dials..asking rm485k!!! ..oh yeah,its a 6 sp manual.
    Another choice(gonna get flak for this I think..) is the R34 Skyline GTR VspecII.

But the Z4/Z4 M coupe still tops the list.. I know the coupe is rare,all the better I say.Just gotta wait for the right one at the right price to come by..

12. shaifulo

shaifulo Club Guest

what other choices u r considering given the 350k odd budget? How about the 996 turbo...transacted prices around that range too for the 01&02 models, now that's a different league already wohoo!!!

13. supergripen

supergripen Club Guest

Shaiful,yup a 996 Turbo will be extremely nice..but rm350k is a bit too much money for my needs tho.I'm planning to keep it below rm300k hence the e46 M3 and the R34 GTR.With the Z4 I'm just exploring that option further hence why I'm posting here to get some idea on the prices and the number of Z4 coupes out there.Can't find any in MTrader etc and even Ingress n AB doesn't seem to have any in their Premium Selection.

14. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Normal Z4 is a waste of money for Supergripen (Jagan marah shaifulo, I didn't say it is not good). Z4 M COUPE kalu you'll definitely get my approval:top:. Gaya ada, power pun ada, intimacy pun ada, lagi pun umur pun dah dekat 40 kan? Heh heh.. When it comes to cars, nobody knows you like your mother except for funfer.

15. AndrewKOON

AndrewKOON Club Guest

Hahaha!! Indeed the Z4 M Coupe is da best man!! Tho a 3.0si is gd enuf if u...ahem, supercharge it! Yeah man...tis fella really tekan all d way! So afraid to bump into him in highway agn :77:

16. AndrewKOON

AndrewKOON Club Guest

Oh btw...suddenly it strike me, how about E92 335i?? Saw some 07 models selling for RM380k...New engine, new tech...super powerful! Well, but it's not a M car laa :-D

17. supergripen

supergripen Club Guest

hi Andrew..yup,the 335i does look good too but at over rm350k it is outside my budget.One that really appeals to me as an alternative would be the 135i,but again,budget constraints..we're being squeezed to the last drop at work with the new flight patterns..maximum work with minimum pay,its hitting us very hard indeed.I'm gonna have to wait it out..sucks!!

18. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

One senior sifu told me that the E92 335i loses out to M3 E46 when it comes to entering and exiting corners. There are thousands of reasons to buy the M3.

19. shaifulo

shaifulo Club Guest

exiting bukan faster ka....becoz of turbo

20. funfer_fahrer

funfer_fahrer Club Guest

Still got turbo lag unless the turbine is pre-spun.