1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Z4 35i 2009 VS E92 335i coupe

Discussion in 'E90, E91, E92, E93' started by jeffreychung, Jul 24, 2009.

1. jeffreychung

jeffreychung Club Guest

Which car is better and more worthed to buy ? ? Are they using the same engine ?

2. Schwepps

Schwepps Senior Member

Depends on whether a roadster or a sports coupe suits your life style dude. Two very different types of car. You should compare the engine specs yourself if you're seriously considering either one don't you think? In that price range, you should also look at the M3s.

3. jeffreychung

jeffreychung Club Guest

The engine spec are almost the same . . both 3.0 twin turbo with 306 Hp . . . M3 Over budget haha . . Not up to that standard yet . . . Both are nearly the same for me

4. Schwepps

Schwepps Senior Member

My opinion only friend: Roadsters are great fun...for a short while. You very soon tire of the low height, cramped quarters, jarring ride, lack of seats and storage, and poor security from the soft-top. Then you start cursing, and the volume of your cursing increases when you find that the depreciation rate is very high because the market for roadsters is so small. For a weekend car, it's great to have one in the garage. For a daily ride, it's a bad option.

5. infinityKL

infinityKL Club Guest

to me The e92 335i is looking really awesome... tats all i know.. and wt some minor mods you'll be faster than the m3... wish i had the moooo.. gd luck

6. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

I totally agree with Schwepps. Just some additional pointers though. Both come with DCT. The E92 is RM60k plus cheaper which means you can get all the BMW Performance goodies and mods to keep you entertained for a long time. Ultimately though, like what Schwepps says, it's a choice between a Roadster or a Coupe. The Z4 gets more attention and it comes standard with hard top now. The Coupe is more of a daily ride, with adequate rear seats (for 2). The Roadster is more of a weekend car I suppose. On paper, the Z4 is slightly faster (by 0.3 secs to 100 kmh) due to the weight factor I think.

7. E46Fanatic

E46Fanatic Club Guest

The Z4 will turn more heads. The 335i will give you less head ache.

8. Juan Powerblow

Juan Powerblow Club Guest

Poor Jeffrey... so many things to consider. Here's another one from an E92 owner. The Z4 is spanking new and it's bound to be very exclusive for many many months to come. The E92 is getting very common nowadays. I recall one day I saw 6 on the road at different times of the day. Firstly, there was a proliferation of E92 320i which is the best priced continental coupe in Malaysia currently. The grey importers are also bringing in quite a lot of E92s which are often snapped up by rich college kids. It's not going to stay exclusive for long.

9. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

It will all depends on how you plan to use the car. Is it going to be a weekend car, or a daily commuter?

Cheers

10. ALBundy

ALBundy Founding Member

Perhaps if the 3 liter turbo engine is tuned to run at higher boost, it will be faster on the straights, but not on the track or corners. The handling of the ///M3 is something else compared to the 335. That is what separates the boys from the men :)

Also, the DCT on the 335 and Z4 is a simplified version compared to the ///M3 where you could have plenty of adjustments with regards to the shifting speed.

Cheers

11. safri

safri Club Guest

Go for z4 bro if you don't mind paying rm60k more...i take it you are not planning to use the 2-seater everyday?

12. infinityKL

infinityKL Club Guest

sure thing - thats why the monster is entiltled to the ///M bagde i guess.. :top:

13. jeffreychung

jeffreychung Club Guest

Yea Poor me T.T . . many things to consider . . I use the car daily . but travelling alone most of the time . Still keep my e46 for future Mod . . I like the Z4 look but love the 335i . . . just a little bit of mod on 335i it will look 90% similar as M3 haha

14. astroboy

astroboy Well-Known Member

Some comment from Jeremy Clarkson on the new Z4: