1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Subs..

Discussion in '5 Series' started by chinlai, Apr 19, 2005.

1. flash

flash Club Guest

2. erica34

erica34 Club Guest

if not complicated and low tech difficult to justify price increase... car manufacturer also lose face if other makes introduce some complicated new technology shhit and they don't... also they don't like you taking their cars (and money) to any workshop for them to korek-korek... and the car magazines people need to include some technology talk in their reviews... otherwise people read already feel like it's the same old grandfather story... only flip here flip there look at car pictures in bookshop but never buy their magazine...

back to topic... has anyone here done (or know of someone who's done) the sub under rear seat thing? pls advise on result... thanks

3. saat

saat Club Guest

I have seen it on a merc and by my assessment - not worth the money.

4. E34EuroTouring

E34EuroTouring Club Guest

Its true that the electronics gets really overwhelming these days. But the base principle should be of STANDARDIZATION as in the IT industry and the Telecom industry. With standardization, things gets more ordered , cheaper and more relaible in the long run.

Unfortunately, the automotive industry has been a highly proprietary one and will remain so for a long time. Its electronics is getting "opened" up by standards such as the CAN bus. In an E39 and onwards model, there is CAN bs, i-bus K-bus. so many electronic buses in the tiring to do the ancillary things to keep things like audio, sat-nav, TV,alarm, etc keeps us entertained in the car. The primary ECU or DME runs in a failrly closed system, which is good.

With regards to Audio even CD change bus are propreitary like Alpine's AI-net which is a good system I believe. Customers want to mix and match their audio equipment like the mid-end to high-end components you use at home.

The problem with car manufacturers trying to package the best compromise to the customer is a novel thing but please please, give the customers a choice!. These days customers are so much smarter than the manufacturers think so it is pointless to try and get people to use their packages items, if people can choose others.

Example, most people upon buying a Japanese car, start to change to rims and tires. So you ask yourself and the manufacturer, why not sell the car without rims and tires ?.

For audio in BMWs, Blaupunkt has higher-end OEM replacement audio components, as your authorized Blaupunk dealer about this.

5. Strider

Strider Club Guest

I don't know much about ICE. Can anybody explain to me about the image attached. Thinking of fixing one for myself. Thanks a lot.

6. chinlai

chinlai Club Guest

An update..

Did not put the subs in the rear seat afterall, got a 10" Boss Sub, a NoName (to me anyway) 4 channel AMP to drive the front speakers and sub.

The folks at ACP fabircated a rear MDB board and replaced the stock board (the one which lines up with the back seat) to mount the amp.

The bass sound quality not too bad.. Oh.. and Linkin Park never sounded better.. ;)

7. wirelessjunkie

wirelessjunkie Club Guest

Is ACP along SS2/24?

8. chinlai

chinlai Club Guest

Yup. Not sure if it was cheap or not, but it was an impulsive buy :nyehehe:

9. wirelessjunkie

wirelessjunkie Club Guest

I know that shop. They have been in business for yonks. I recall them fitting a pair of front tweeters into my Proton Saga back in 1987. That was a long long time ago. A good bunch of boys from Lenggong Perak.