1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Road Tax

Discussion in '6 Series' started by berw, May 26, 2009.

1. berw

berw Club Guest

OK Guys thanks for the advice on the Auto Electrician.My E24 is 1985 so as I understand it I can get the 25 % Tax reduction nest year. But I hear this is not easy. As I understand it • I need two road cars in my name. I have one and I can buy my wife’s car and register in my name, so I can do that.• Car need to be original condition and perfect conditionI plan to sort the car out over the next few months, body and interior are great, butNon original wheels do I need to find the original wheels? current wheels are 15 inch.Do I need all the electrics to work (the trip computer)?Should I try to do this with JPJ myself (I’m British) or should I get a ’runner’ to go to JPJ?Appreciate your adviceKelvinDo you guys go for a Sunday run? I have a bike and go to Ganting on a Sunday sometimes,

2. Kaiza635CSI

Kaiza635CSI Club Guest

its 80% off. so should be around RM820 a year. You need 3 cars under your name, original as in engine, chassis, wiring can be changed not a problem. Engine No. Chassis No. must consist with the Grant, and on the car. You get a runner you will spend a little bit more money mate. Your 15 inch rims should be fine, for the rims you can write an appeal letter to JPJ and explain to them you bought the car with those rims as it is hard to find the original rims. I hope some of this info will help you out. Any other questions just PM me.

Good luck!

Cheers,

kaiza

3. Kaiza635CSI

Kaiza635CSI Club Guest

One other thing is your E24 a 635, 628 or 633?

All Prices after 80% discount

635CSI - Rm 836.50 One Year

633CSI - Rm 563.70 One year

628CSI - Rm 302.70 One year

*Insurance not included

4. JMS

JMS Club Guest

Bro,
    Good day! Your car is 1985, so you can only register it classic by 2011: they count by year to year not as per you Grant or car register date! I just got my MB280sel registered as classic, mine is 1983! Try to do it last year, they say can only do it after 2009! Procedure is quite easy for the inspection, provider all engine, chasis, interior, body are in good condition! They dun really look at your rims, but I do have the original E12 base 6's rim, mean while I am preparing my 628, 1981 for the process! Good luck!

5. Kaiza635CSI

Kaiza635CSI Club Guest

You couldnt do it last year? My dad was able to do it for his MB500SL last year then for his MB380SEL this year. so i dont know why you were not able to do it?

6. kayzack

kayzack Club Guest

i think rim not a problem...because jpj also don't know what the original looklike...if put other bmw standard rim should be ok...maybe if u put 19" eye cathing bling2 rim..then the problem will come.

7. kayzack

kayzack Club Guest

hi,

that's correct i think...because the law stated after 25 yr.
    1985 + 25 =2010...so can reg 2011
    1983 + 25 =2008...so can reg 2009

....unless some body break the law...:listen:

8. berw

berw Club Guest

Guys
    Sorry I was wrong car is an 83 so I can do I can do now, I also have 3 other cars in my name, I forgot about one as I havn't seen it for so long, as it is in the garage being worked on.
    So how do I start, where do I take the car? do I need to ring first and make an appointment?
    Thanks for your help.

9. JMS

JMS Club Guest

First of all, make sure your car is in original condition, eg paint work must be good, interior, exterior etc. Then you can send for inspection in Puspacom, after that you need to summit the approval letter to JPJ then wait for the approval. Sound easy then do!

10. Slide

Slide Club Guest

i managed to get mine done even with the bbs rims. my argument was that it was an original option that came with my 635. but i will admit that i got a runner to do my approvals.

11. EasyCruiser

EasyCruiser Club Guest

I used a runner too. One important thing you need to have - lots of patience.

12. berw

berw Club Guest

Road TAx

Hi
    After 6 months of proffesional restoration the 635 was deliverd to my house yesterday, I havn't seen it yet as I am outstaton until Friday, but my wife says it look good.
    Any way car went to Pusmacom ( I know I havn't spellet that right) and the road tax reduoction application has been made, and is going through, I am told it will take around 3 weeks for the final result.
    They did not like the wheels, but I have managed to borrow a set of BMW Pyder Web Wheels to use at the moment. But I need to buy a set, so if any one has aset of Spyder Web wheels of an E23 , E24 or E32 they whould like to sell please let me know.
    As the car will hopefully be road ready by April I am now looking to use it so do you guys have any trip or meets planned?
    Kel

13. berw

berw Club Guest

Just had a phone call to say that Posmakom have approved the tax deduction and my agent will collect the letter tomorrow, so the just need to tax and insure and car is ready to go.

14. prime5

prime5 Club Guest

good news bro..enjoy ur ride!
    but it took more than a month..

15. wptee

wptee Club Guest

Hi, another of the criteria stated on the JPJ website is that you've got to be a member of a classic car association in Malaysia, is that true? Or is there other way round?

16. berw

berw Club Guest

I got mine without membership of a car club, so you can do it without, but I am told it is easir if you are a member,

17. naharnms

naharnms Club Guest

Hai Berw,
    Did you say you used the runner?
    How much does that cost you? I wouldnt mind asking a runner to do actually..
    Cheers

18. ramsing

ramsing Club Guest

damn....mine is 1990. have to patiently wait another 5 year. crap.

19. morpheus5039

morpheus5039 Club Guest

when finally reach that time, u already lost the interest and then sell to me ok? :wink:

20. DigitalPunk

DigitalPunk Club Guest

hahaha.... Ramsing, now no need to worry that no buyer for yr car anymore after 5 years.