1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

Discussion in 'E39' started by seewai, Jul 25, 2009.

1. seewai

seewai S62B50

2. seewai

seewai S62B50

Managed to "remove" the red-mileage-tamper dot after editing LCM's FGSTNR string to match with IKE's. Thanks to fariz.hashim for the procedure.

After clicking OK below, what I did was off the ignition, turn on ignition to standby, do a check, the Odometer changed from 0km/whatever-km to a round-down figure of mileage registered under IKE, ie the one displayed in meter cluster. Most importantly of all, the red-dot is gone for good.

[​IMG]

3. seewai

seewai S62B50

Earlier tonight when there were very few cars on MEX, I stepped hard on accelerator pedal, 210kph @ 5.5krpm is all she could do, the car felt like holding back a little when I insisted on stepping further on the accelerator pedal, nevertheless, she refuses to go any faster.

Does this mean that my CKD E39 has speed limiter @ 210kph?
    Or is there a cut-off at 5.5k rpm?

Need some advise from sifus here.

Cheers.
    seewai

4. haywire

haywire Official Member

Your engine conversion came from Japan?

Bro 535i had the same problem with his 530i Japan, 210 cutoff.

If I remember correctly, the speed limiter is hardwired into the ABS and ECU unit. You need to change these two items to break from the 210 limiter. Ask bro 535i for more info.

My friend RX-8 had it worse, 180kmh limiter. What a spoil.

5. seewai

seewai S62B50

Bro haywire thanks for the heads up.
    The 2.5L conversion, which involved ECU (not sure about ABS though), was supposedly come from UK, according to Optimum.
    The 3.0L conversion only involves physical engine swap, which according to Optimum is also from a UK halfcut.
    Do you think there's anything to do with rpm cut-off though?

6. Gerald 5

Gerald 5 Club Guest

My e46 have got the dot after changing the light module, do you mind posting a step by step procedure to get rid of it pls? Million thanks

7. seewai

seewai S62B50

Hmm, just did the steps again earlier this afternoon (since I had 10 minutes after meeting with client) and it didn't work as to my expectation, the red dot is gone but KM numbers remains the one that comes with the meter cluster. I might have done something wrong. Need to revisit the steps later as it was too damn hot doing it under the sun, anyway if you want to try, make sure you document (screenshot) down all settings before changing.

1. jot down the VIN number shown in IKE (eg GD43210)
    2. go to LCM, jot down its original VIN value, go to programming, change FGSTNR value to the one found in IKE (eg GD43210)
    3. then change the Odometer value of LCM to match with IKE

I'll try to make screenshots to support the above steps. Do proceed with your own risk!

Cheers.

8. seewai

seewai S62B50

Damn, car reg plate pun ada orang mau curi! Rear reg plate gone yesterday afternoon before TT at KJ.

9. Gerald 5

Gerald 5 Club Guest

Thanks bro, eagerly awaiting the screen shot.

10. IDT

IDT Club Guest

just be careful bro, there are few cases where they stole the plate and use it during robbery or other crime. Tiba2 police ketuk pintu rumah and tangkap...haha malu wooo.

11. seewai

seewai S62B50

Maybe I should just drop by the nearest police station and report "plat kete dicuri" at least let PDRM have a heads-up :4:

12. wuzzles

wuzzles Club Guest

You should do it... but also be prepared to possibly loose your temper. :p
    based on my "wierd" experience... don't be surprised if the police officer ask you "u sure ke orang curi plate kamu? mungkin tercicir kerana double sticker tak kuat?" and the other question is "u sure plate you ade sebelum lunch ke? kenapa you perasan your plate sebelum dan selepas lunch? you check your no. plate you selalu?"

hahhaa lucky she was friendly else I would have thought I am being interrogated. My tips is... becareful with term like "someone stole" or "you lost". Both require different amount of work for them. Stole will go into official crime statistic, they must have prove the act was commited blablabla. If your intention is to just FYI them or CYA, just tell them you lost it but you would like them to be aware incase of anything. If you wanna get the SOB whole did it, then go all out :p

BTW, this is one of the way our "crime rating" has dropped pretty drastically. Those in the force would know what I am hinting at.

13. seewai

seewai S62B50

Thanks for the tip bro. I take heed and will do only the absolutely necessary and leave the unnecessary ones at bay. Just now I was standing next to a police station for more than an hour with another 2 flers, you know who you are, TCSS (tokkok singsong) until dark and came home looking for food, forgotten about the police report thing, and read your advice.

Cheers.

14. seewai

seewai S62B50

Police report lodged at Balai Polis TTDI that night.

Car reg plate re-done the next day at Eurotuner (thanks Calvin).

Damages:
    Carbon fibre reg plate: 200 x 1
    BMW performance Plate Holder: 50 x 2 (since the original one that wasn't lost showed wear N tear sign)
    Total damage: RM300
    Time To Repair: A TT session with wife at nearby cafeteria

Order placed and pending at Eurotuner:
    1. Ventureshield for E39

Recent mods and repair:
    1. M5 meter cluster (thanks to fariz.hashim and haywire)
    2. front strut bar (thanks to fariz.hashim)
    3. original cluster with chrome rings installed (thanks to haywire), cluster is now spare unit
    4. MID pixelfix (thanks to haywire)

Upcoming mods and repairs and such:
    1. Eibach ARB (pending shipment arrival)
    2. front strut bar (will install together with 1.)
    3. Paint job - 896 Bluewater colour decided, will let Jason Foo handle (mid/end May)
    4. Used original hood - install and spray during 3. (mid/end May)
    5. additional front and rear passenger "blinds" - pending bro cadmus ETA

15. ariff habshi

ariff habshi Official Member

an amazing journey :top:

16. seewai

seewai S62B50

Thank you.

Hopefully I have the will power and moolah to upkeep the ride and pass her down to my son and why not his child.

17. seewai

seewai S62B50

1. Go to IKE and jot down (better still, screen capture) the FGSTNR 7 alphanumerics (eg AB12345)

[​IMG]

2. Go to LCM, Reprogramming, Write FGSTNR, key in the value taken from 1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. By now the red dot should have vanished.

4. You can also use Write Odometer function in LCM to sync the mileage with your IKE. IKE mileage changes whenever the meter cluster is replaced.

I recently replaced meter cluster with M5 meter cluster, and the mileage in my IKE is not alterable directly using tools that I have. So I'm living with the M5 cluster mileage.

18. aidilj

aidilj Official Member

Bro seewai, earlier in your thread you mentioned about changing the shifter knob. What kind of shifter you are using now?

My throw is too long, thinking about changing to ZHP knob, PN 25117896031

[​IMG]

19. Gerald 5

Gerald 5 Club Guest

Many thanks bro, cheers!

20. seewai

seewai S62B50

What I'm using is quite similar to the right-hand-side one bro.