F34 Multiple Malfunction Today.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Proxyserv

Hi people,

My 2014 F34 had multiple malfunctions this morning. The spoiler warning showed up on the driver gauge and started beeping. Upon starting the car, the tyre pressure monitor & driving stability (abs) warning came on the idrive screen prompting of a malfunction and is telling me to drive moderately. I also noticed that the start/stop function is not working as it is showing unavailable on the driver gauge when I stopped at a traffic light. The tailgate would release (I can hear it) but would not open automatically. Neither kick to open nor manual press would auto lift the tailgate. The rattling exhaust issue which many F30 owners get, came back but I know what is the cause and can be easily fixed.
Can anyone share some light on the multiple sensor warning, auto start/stop and tailgate malfuction all happening at the same time?
This car was my daily driver pre-covid in 2020. Since the first covid lockdown in March 2020, I only drive the F34 once a week. Sometimes once in 2 weeks. Could it be a weak battery?

Might want to check the battery bro. It might have deteriorated because of lack of driving. If the battery's ok, you might want to have the car scanned by our preferred mechanic.

Might want to check the battery bro. It might have deteriorated because of lack of driving. If the battery's ok, you might want to have the car scanned by our preferred mechanic.

Hi Gendong, thank you for your advice. I found out a few days later that my car also developed oil leak under the engine as there was a very strong smell of burnt oil in my driveway after arriving home one day. Hence, a visit to the workshop was imminent. Had the lower engine gasket changed. Apparently, all those sensor errors were caused by a faulty sensor at the left rear wheel. It was not a battery issue. It is kinda weird that a sensor at the wheel can cause so many issues to seemingly unrelated components in the car. Maybe this is a bmw design. Anyway, I am glad that all the issues have been resolved.

Hi Gendong, thank you for your advice. I found out a few days later that my car also developed oil leak under the engine as there was a very strong smell of burnt oil in my driveway after arriving home one day. Hence, a visit to the workshop was imminent. Had the lower engine gasket changed. Apparently, all those sensor errors were caused by a faulty sensor at the left rear wheel. It was not a battery issue. It is kinda weird that a sensor at the wheel can cause so many issues to seemingly unrelated components in the car. Maybe this is a bmw design. Anyway, I am glad that all the issues have been resolved.
Thats BMW for you. What it shows on the iDrive normally is not what it is, hence you need to get it scanned n diagnosed properly in order to know what is the actual fault.

Top Bottom