E46 Error Code 211 - LLFS Jammed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 68;850899 said:
im not sure if yours comes with this so called charcoal filter thinggy which or not ... as it's located somewhere below the petrol tank ..... maybe if you do have that ...it could be that or else best of luck upon replacing the cam shaft sensor

Nope dont have that charcoal filter as mentioned.. Thanks for the pointer.

- - - Updated - - -

ICEMAN 68;850899 said:
im not sure if yours comes with this so called charcoal filter thinggy which or not ... as it's located somewhere below the petrol tank ..... maybe if you do have that ...it could be that or else best of luck upon replacing the cam shaft sensor

Nope dont have that charcoal filter as mentioned.. Thanks for the pointer.

so it is solve jarance??? just wan to get myself prepare too ..just in case..my is 370k millage

I smell an upgrade coming up. I gave up on my e46 as too many problems and decided one day when I woke up to just get a new car.

Nope not yet.. The error code triggered after 3 days after changing the crankshaft sensor.

I have just changed the intake camshaft sensor last weekend and will try it out. have not driven my car last few days.

eujinee;851223 said:
so it is solve jarance??? just wan to get myself prepare too ..just in case..my is 370k millage

Glad to say that there is no error code while driving from Klang to Manjung today.

Still too early to tell whether the problem is resolved or not.
Will drive around town for a few more days to confirm.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to say that there is no error code while driving from Klang to Manjung today.

Still too early to tell whether the problem is resolved or not.
Will drive around town for a few more days to confirm.

being driving the car for a week now. So far so good. what I did so far.
1. change the exhaust cam sensor - no good - new alarm came on (error code 12) so replace it back with the
old sensor and it was good. New sensor is not good.
Suspect it is due to the connector as it was difficult to plug it in.

2. change vanos seal - clear alarm for error code 5e19 - CAN DME engine torgue not adjustable.
Now running with a bit more torque.(butt dyno)

3. Clear all adaptation for the DME module using INPA program.

Note: Need to do this adaptation with the engine NOT running.

I think most probably item 3 is the most likely solution for error 211.

jarance....means u reset ur DME and let it adapt itself again...how it adapt without the engine running???

eujinee;855371 said:
jarance....means u reset ur DME and let it adapt itself again...how it adapt without the engine running???

I mention CLEAR adaptation, not set the adaptation. The DME will adapt after you drive the car for a few hundred kilometer later.

Just turn the ignition to second position without starting the car and then clear all adaptation.

jarance;855379 said:
I mention CLEAR adaptation, not set the adaptation. The DME will adapt after you drive the car for a few hundred kilometer later.

Just turn the ignition to second position without starting the car and then clear all adaptation.
i did the adaptation when the engine is running. all went fine except for the throttle body adaptation if i am not mistaken. if it is performed while the engine is running the engine will jerk. so the way to do it is when the engine is off.

Finally, I managed to solve the problem that have been bugging me for some time.

I wanted to change the DSC module but on the advise of my mechanic, he mention it is OK. (Thanks Mike)

The reason it is not the DSC module was because the alarm only comes on below the speed of 98KMH.

before I mention what is the cause, I will drive the car for another week before I conclude that the problem is solved.

Stay tuned..

jarance said:
Finally, I managed to solve the problem that have been bugging me for some time.

I wanted to change the DSC module but on the advise of my mechanic, he mention it is OK. (Thanks Mike)

The reason it is not the DSC module was because the alarm only comes on below the speed of 98KMH.

before I mention what is the cause, I will drive the car for another week before I conclude that the problem is solved.

Stay tuned..
That's Birthday gift anywhere happy birthday bro :laugh:

jarance said:

Stay tuned..

Glad that you finally solved it!

Latest update..

Finally resolve the issue after changing so many things.

It was the steering wheel angle sensor. Wanted to change it but try to recalibrate with the INPA program.

The problem goes away for a few days but it came back again. Check with INPA and found that the calibration was off.
Recalibrate again and so far the problem have not occurred for 2 months. :rock: :rock:

It come and go. Everytime I check the setting, there seem to be some drift even though I have zero it.

Thinking of changing the steering angle sensor is the next option or try to clean it.

What kind of scanner or diagnostic tool you use to chk your system ?

Btw will checking some Relay/s solve your issue once & for all ?

digilife said:
What kind of scanner or diagnostic tool you use to chk your system ?

Btw will checking some Relay/s solve your issue once & for all ?
I use BMW Scanner and BMW INPA.

Nope, there is a diagnostic subroutine in the DME which check the speed of the all the wheels and steering wheel angle and also the lateral acceleration at a pre-determine speed (wheel sensor)

if all the speed of the wheels are the same and the lateral acceration is zero, then the steering angle should be theorically be ZERO.
If it not, then it will generate an alarm. DSC, BRAKE and EML. This usually will happen at around 90KPH or less. No alarm when the speed is greater than 110 KPH.

I have been holding to change the steering angle sensor cos it is a hazzle to do it.

Top Bottom