1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DISSAPOINTMENT!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Alvin, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Its really dissapointing to see what we really are all about. Yes we are a car club & a blessed one too since we can afford BMW's! No? Question??Why is it that when someone organise a meet up like the 3 series meet, TT & cuci mata at pubs & all we get very eager members to pen their name down & attend. But when its a charity event all we can muster are 8 members out of maybe a 100 or so active members? Everyday we can see people asking & spending on modding cars but its so difficult to raise funds for charity. Its not only about money but also can spend the couple of hours to make a difference in someones life. I guess the answer is that we dont care anymore & that our rides have taken priority. Its may not be amy place to say something like this or to ask what one has done for charity. But this is what i feel & how i see us recently. Dont get me wrong! I'm not saying that by giving i'm a better person than anyone else. Totally wrong! But if you all say that you want this club to move in the right direction, i thk we all need to think again about priorities. If not the amount we give. Those who can afford, can come along & just spend some time for the less fortunate. I hope that we can all do better! or maybe some didnt see this thread??? http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/inde...=9915&st=60&hl=

2. Lionel_Koh

Lionel_Koh Club Guest

Totally agreed.........

Hope more members will care the unfortunate group.......

3. bmwsideways

bmwsideways Club Guest

Any amount of money if you feel burdens to ready stuff will be fine
    As long as you contribute...

Im totally agree with Alvin

4. dman

dman Club Guest

Hi gang,

It's a good thing what you're organising. I totally support it and I'm sure there's a lot more members who do also. But I was lucky to browse through and saw your posting.

May I suggest a bit of gentle persuasion through emails to all our members? To tell you the truth, If you had sent an email to me regarding this matter, I won't be able to find a reason not to support it. Come on man, I'm not rich but I think I can afford to buy some groceries right?

With that in mind, God willing, I will join you guys on my 1st official bimmer outing...

Also I pledge 30kg Rice, 1 carton Sardines, 1 cartons Maggi Mee, some tubes of Toothpaste, a box of Toothbrushes.

Will see you guys at BP.

5. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

Right said Alvin...

Bro, firstly my sincere appologies for not being more active in the forum in the recent times. My job is taking more than an pint of blood from me everyday ( a metaphore ). I will be attending the charity drive this saturday.

I will contribute a dozen sardins.... My sincere appologies once again for not being more involved from the begining.

Sith

6. ICEMAN 68

ICEMAN 68 Founding Member

alvin .. i share the same feelings as you too my man.

anyway hands off to OKOW ..our very own legendary one handed pool champion.

7. kahar

kahar Club Guest

ive said dat MANY TIMES b4 .... last one wuz in the thread on msian govt policy on space program thangy ...... suma cakap pandai :)

or mayb they need hannah tan to start / initiate the charity thread.

gd thang alvin gave us another reminder ..... so i wont repeat.

rgds, B)
    kahar abdullah

8. Daredevil

Daredevil Founding Member

Got you loud and clear alvin from down under. I just submitted my pledge. See if anybody got balls to 'up my bets'....

9. affan66

affan66 Founding Member

little comment and no offense to anyone:

1. I did not pen my name down as AS USUAL the gathering is in the other side of town. I don't have the capacity to organize one on this side of town bcos of work.
    2. Charity - I do donate to charity in a diff way and don't intent to go public about it. e.g. Zakat, donations, etc.

So I hope you guys understand.

10. Zoggee

Zoggee Club Guest

haha...Now you only know ah..????

To buy UDM....more then 100K!!!

to donate...all diam diam.... :beaten:

To tok kok all can ....when comes to charity...All Diam diam again. :beaten:

I've organised a few of the forum liao..... :)

Here...??? Tyres oso use second hand....aiya :beaten:

11. Alvin

Alvin Guest

affan66

No need to defend ourselves. Its just a reminder for us to wake up. Glad to hv more citizens like u around helping out the needy. We do understand constraints that 1 has. If u can find the time, do join us if not this time then the next.

Guys!

This is a reminder. Funny how sometimes we all take things for granted.
    We are blessed & lets all try to find in our hearts to make a difference & be heard other than in the motoring world.

12. Zoggee

Zoggee Club Guest

Aiya....Alvin??

dun be angry ah.... :blush: you still owe me money for the Rumah Charis la... :ph34r: :blush:

13. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Me not angry at all. :D
    Just dissapointed thats all. :(

Please deduct from my funds that u are keeping! :angry:

14. Zoggee

Zoggee Club Guest

15. ah lian

ah lian Club Guest

16. Alvin

Alvin Guest

17. sithwarrior

sithwarrior Club Guest

Alvin,

It's true we all do take things for granted time to time, but its great to have people like you to wake us up every now and then. You're a good man...

Alvin is a good example of a great member / forumer.

Cheers mate
    Sith

18. yen42

yen42 Club Guest

alvin,
    thks bro!!!
    sometimes we need (ALARM) to wake us up for doing better job than NATO
    (no action talk only)

19. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Sith

This is not about me. I'm far from a great member dude.
    Lets channel our energy in our obligations in society apart from modding our rides.

20. tyke

tyke Club Guest

alvin,i totally agree with u....

me and pipa do our part for charity with my mum and her mum out of the club and it is a sad thing to c so many ppl worst off thn us...and yes it is a good wake up for us all to not complain bout life whn there r others less fortunate to savour wht little we hav...

its good to hav little remenders once in a while to bring us back to earth eh?

rgds,
    -brad-