Cars from UK using student AP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
seewai;629388 said:
According to starlet4e_turbo, MITI is in a messy situation currently and as such this AP thing has been put on hold.

I got my AP to bring in my E90 (2006) from UK last monday. The process took me 2 weeks (10 working days to be exact) and was quite a hassle as I keep on phoning them to get my AP done asap. Now waiting for customs clearance. Anyone know how the tax reduction works? Thanks

dunkdie;629393 said:
I got my AP to bring in my E90 (2006) from UK last monday. The process took me 2 weeks (10 working days to be exact) and was quite a hassle as I keep on phoning them to get my AP done asap. Now waiting for customs clearance. Anyone know how the tax reduction works? Thanks

Bro dunkdie, first of all welcome to the club. This is your first post, kindly introduce yourself in the New Members' section.

haywire;618656 said:
Better just wait for the result of the AP, it is self explanatory. if its passed then the rumours are crap, because my wife isnt on DVLA system at all.

Bro, mind sharing the outcome?
We have few friends in hot pans here dying to know whether its just a bad rumour.
Cheers..

Right now the AP process is put on hold due to several issues that is beyond my control. MITI and Kastam has been very strict about the process and they checked every details on each AP. Recently they found a duplicate car, 2 car with 1 registration and has been caught and under investigation as the car is imported using student AP.

Normally people will backdated the date of purchase on the registration cert. and to make it more than 9 month. But this no longer can be done until the staff is being replaced by someone. They found a way to check the date of purchase and if it not tele with what they found the AP will be revoked.(there is also a way around it but i cannot state it here:))

That is why i stop the operation until the air clears. I dont want to put my customer in risk and situation that i cannot control to protect my good names. But there is a way around it.

So the only way to do it right now is to buy the car in UK and wait for 9 month. Once AP is approved, the car will then be shipped. Personally, leaving the car here for 9 month is quite a hassle to me as my driveway can only fit 6 car and im afraid the car getting knicked and the customer will blame it on me. That is the reason i dont want to do it until MITI and Kastam get their head backs up.

Unless you are willing to take the risk.

Squarewheel;631105 said:
Bro, mind sharing the outcome?
We have few friends in hot pans here dying to know whether its just a bad rumour.
Cheers..

AP sangkut as explained by starlet4e_turbo above. "Kad Pendaftaran Kenderaan Dipalsukan" hahahahhaha

Qouted 2500-2999 CC estimate for tax is 193%

Whatabout beyond 3000cc? Any limit on the value of a car allowed to bring in? Coz only see ppl discuss about Beemers & Merzs, howabout Ferrari, Lambo, Porche, Infinity, Aston, Betley Jag .........?

bradbravo;650242 said:
Qouted 2500-2999 CC estimate for tax is 193%

Whatabout beyond 3000cc? Any limit on the value of a car allowed to bring in? Coz only see ppl discuss about Beemers & Merzs, howabout Ferrari, Lambo, Porche, Infinity, Aston, Betley Jag .........?

193% is the tax I paid for my car when I brought it in.

No limit I guess. The higher the value of the car the more you pay tax so the government is happy.

As this is your first post, please do an introduction of yourself in the "Newbies' section which is a requirement in this forum. Enjoy your time here!

That can be the lawful implication like what herbert say.... a good offer more danger to purchaser than seller.... i really feel

hello everyone!

I really need an advice regarding this particular case,which is bringing a car back from the UK using student AP.Here's a little intro : Im currently driving an EK Honda Civic,owned it for 5 years and thinking about selling it this coming September.Im selling it around MYR32k to a friend of mine,which translates to GBP6503.31 according to current currency.2 cars that i have in mind to bring back is a 2004 BMW 325Ci (GBP5000) or maybe a 2006 VW Golf GTI 2000cc(GBP 5995).My question is as follows :

1.Lets say i bought the VW.The car itself cost circa MYR29k.Its a 2006 model and 171% tax is applied.So how much will the end cost be incl. tax,shipping,agents(who can
actually backdated the ownership as im living in the UK since september 2009,maybe mr haywire can get me in touch with his agents =p ).

According to the current market the VW Golf GTI market price is around RM140k - RM150k if im not mistaken.Just want to get a rough idea of how much savings i can gain.Hope u guys can help me out on this.Many thanks! =)

Hello guys,

I intend to bring back the BMW X6 30d or X6 35d from UK. Need some advice about these models. I am doubt with the diesel quality in malaysia. BMW malaysia is selling the X5 30d currently therefore i assume that the X6 30d should fit the malaysia diesel since both these models are using the same engine, am I right?? Anybody got experience in bringing back the BMW X6 from UK?? Need some information about the X6 diesel and also the total tax that I to need pay. thank you guys.

May I know how did you get the info about the 171% tax? I am in UK too and I wish to bring the BMW x6 30d back to malaysia. thanks
booney;661642 said:
hello everyone!

I really need an advice regarding this particular case,which is bringing a car back from the UK using student AP.Here's a little intro : Im currently driving an EK Honda Civic,owned it for 5 years and thinking about selling it this coming September.Im selling it around MYR32k to a friend of mine,which translates to GBP6503.31 according to current currency.2 cars that i have in mind to bring back is a 2004 BMW 325Ci (GBP5000) or maybe a 2006 VW Golf GTI 2000cc(GBP 5995).My question is as follows :

1.Lets say i bought the VW.The car itself cost circa MYR29k.Its a 2006 model and 171% tax is applied.So how much will the end cost be incl. tax,shipping,agents(who can
actually backdated the ownership as im living in the UK since september 2009,maybe mr haywire can get me in touch with his agents =p ).

According to the current market the VW Golf GTI market price is around RM140k - RM150k if im not mistaken.Just want to get a rough idea of how much savings i can gain.Hope u guys can help me out on this.Many thanks! =)

haywire;639326 said:
AP sangkut as explained by starlet4e_turbo above. "Kad Pendaftaran Kenderaan Dipalsukan" hahahahhaha

sorry to hear bout this. so what is happening to that car ? still sangkut in port? is it possible to send it back to UK and sell it there, at least you can recover the loss a bit.

but, is it possible to do that since dvla has been notified (notice to export via v5)? hope anyone can enlighten this?

r1d3r;702641 said:
sorry to hear bout this. so what is happening to that car ? still sangkut in port? is it possible to send it back to UK and sell it there, at least you can recover the loss a bit.

but, is it possible to do that since dvla has been notified (notice to export via v5)? hope anyone can enlighten this?

As far as I know the car is still in Port Klang collecting dust until now. Which means its been sitting there for about a year.

Dont know whats the course of action for now, a 2004 Subaru Impreza isnt worth the hassle to send back to UK I guess.

The car was paid by the agent, not sure his own money or prospective buyer's money.

Guess I need to call him again just to make sure the car is still there, afterall its under my wife's name if the car ever got out of Port Klang.

Once the car sangkut then probably 80% it will rot at the port (whoever car stuck at port kindly contact me, maybe i can do something for this community)...so as i said, this is no easy task...once my car have the grant and tax done, maybe i can join you guys in TT and i will explain.

Top Bottom