Cars from UK using student AP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Nik

hii..i always do visit UK website usedcars n what i found is the market price of bmw years 2005-2008 e90-320i/325i/330i around 8000-16000 pound sterling(rm35k-rm80k not including insurans/shipping or other cost) but the market prices this cars at malaysia around rm140k-rm240k, so i thinks it still cheap..but my question is how much duty tax for these cars when bring into malaysia?

Car only RM27,500..i do visit UK website usedcar but i look 325i m sport 2009 around 17000-25000 pound sterling which mean around rm85k-125k..which one is true haywire??

Mine is a 2003 E30 530i...its cheap these days. I bought it for GBP5,300 (RM27,500 back then).

If you buy a GBP15,000 (RM75,000) 2009 325i, tax for 2000-2500cc is ~~171%, Kastam given a price of RM60,197 so

RM60,197x 1.71 = RM102.9k

After a bit discount I can safely say the tax is around RM80k~90k mark.

JamesLim;611371 said:
what's the risk of climate difference?

Nothing to be afraid of. Its the same as other grey imported car. Mine no issue so far.

guys,
not to spoil the excitement by asking this question, but what will happen if the student whom u bought the AP from passed away within the 2 years period? what will happen to the car by then? will the amanah raya/ trustee company take over the car?

haywire;611324 said:
Mine is a 2003 E30 530i...its cheap these days. I bought it for GBP5,300 (RM27,500 back then).

If you buy a GBP15,000 (RM75,000) 2009 325i, tax for 2000-2500cc is ~~171%, Kastam given a price of RM60,197 so

RM60,197x 1.71 = RM102.9k

After a bit discount I can safely say the tax is around RM80k~90k mark.
if i buy using student AP what cost for tax i must pay to kastam for a same car u above mentioned?

Nmr Nik Soh;613420 said:
if i buy using student AP what cost for tax i must pay to kastam for a same car u above mentioned?

thats the student ap calculation la.

but Haywire u use your own AP, but why tax for high customs as well? if like that the calculation of customs duties for AP students seem more or less the same as your calculation u did laa? sorry i'm not clear yet!! do tell me??

Nmr Nik Soh;613691 said:
but Haywire u use your own AP, but why tax for high customs as well? if like that the calculation of customs duties for AP students seem more or less the same as your calculation u did laa? sorry i'm not clear yet!! do tell me??

Student or not student you pay the same tax. You save by not having to buy the AP (RM20-40k in Malaysia) and the importers and dealers fee by importing yourself.

Who told you student pay less tax? AP is Approved Permit without which you cannot bring a car in. Tax is separate matter. Doesnt matter student or not. In the above calculation I have included some discount, which will be applied to the tax quote depending on the length of ownership in the UK (student or not).

ok .. maybe a little confusion here arises, in fact I want to use the AP students who continue their studies outside of Malaysia are not students who learn in malaysia

Nmr Nik Soh;613832 said:
ok .. maybe a little confusion here arises, in fact I want to use the AP students who continue their studies outside of Malaysia are not students who learn in malaysia

Now that statement confuses me? Study outside or inside?

sorry..i want to use the AP students who are studying abroad and I had planned to go to the UK one day and is waiting for me to get the money, probably in this year to find and buy a BMW E90 cars that I want

Nmr Nik Soh;613878 said:
sorry..i want to use the AP students who are studying abroad and I had planned to go to the UK one day and is waiting for me to get the money, probably in this year to find and buy a BMW E90 cars that I want

I take it that the student (do you know him personally) is coming back this year then? He needs to come back for good with the car, not sending it before he finishes his study.

haywire;613886 said:
I take it that the student (do you know him personally) is coming back this year then? He needs to come back for good with the car, not sending it before he finishes his study.

Thank you for that but I think this is not the issue but what I know is that the AP students learn outside the country is much cheaper and if u do not mind I would like to know how much tax should be paid to the Kastam?

Brader haywire,

I think this one must use coconut oil treatment again.

Top Bottom