1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW 320i LCI vs BMW 328i Luxury 2012

Discussion in '3 Series' started by RapTuRe_BoY, Sep 12, 2016.

1. RapTuRe_BoY

RapTuRe_BoY New Member

Dear Sifus,

I just joined a new company last year and has been earning a quite decent amount of salary now. I am planning to upgrade my ride since my old car is giving me so many issues. As the topic suggests, I am in dilemma either to go for a used bmw 328i (year 2012 with <40k mileage and 1 year warranty from bmw) or a brand new bmw 320i LCI. I understand that BMW is giving 5 years warranty and free service to all their models. The thing is I am also tempted to go for 328i as it delivers more power and its 44k cheaper than the bmw 320i LCI (the selling price for this particular 328i is 165k while the 320i is 209k for pre-reg unit).

I am planning to extend yearly warranty if I decided to go for 328i. Can anyone here advise how much (roughly) is the yearly warranty for 328i? On the other hand, is there any known issues with 328i?

Also, which one should I go for? 328i or a brand new 320i LCI? Let me know your opinion please. I am going to test drive for both of the models in few days time so your opinion in this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks all!

2. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Bro,

I wld assume ur budget is arnd 200k, based on the models u mentioned. All boils down to what u want n how u drive.

Is power important? R u a spirited driver? Or u just want to get fm point A to B in comfort? Extending the BSRI/official warranty might set u back another rm9k+(?) for another 3yrs (can someone confirm this pls), but the acceptance for continuation is pretty strict. Or u might want to opt for commercially available warranty.

For issues, do run thru the f30 threads, plenty of recorded issues. Top of mind is the rusted seats etc.

Why not look at the diesel variant? Plenty of torque n very good mileage per full tank.

All the best!

RapTuRe_BoY likes this.
  3. fifty5

fifty5 Club Guest

I'd always prefer a new car over an old one. Unless the old car is at a steal. But you're in a nice position of buying a BMW without selling a BMW seeing how they are depreciating like crazy! If youre concerned about power deficit in the 320i, chip it and pedal box it. Should be much much better then.

4. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

I'd say go for the brand new LCI with 5 years warranty, comes with peace of mind and it's the latest model. Not to mention interest rate is a lot lower so if you do the maths (interest rate savings + maintenance cost), it's not much different.

If you want some extra power just put in a chip tuning. PM me if you need one, TMC tuning box works perfectly with the car giving you that extra power. Besides in the city, you don't get a lot of chance hitting top speed anyway :)

5. RapTuRe_BoY

RapTuRe_BoY New Member

Thanks guys for the reply!

I agree with everyone here that 320i is a better choice because its new and bmw is giving 5 years warranty & free service. However I will test drive both car and get the 'feel' first. If the 328i (this particular unit) is irresistably good and still in great condition, then I will consider that car...but to be honest I prefer 320i as its still new and more gadget I can play with :)

Thanks again guys for the help. Cant wait to join u all as one of the bmw owner!

Cheers.