1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alarm Chasis - Drive Moderately

Discussion in 'F30, F34' started by cenanorman, May 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cenanorman

cenanorman New Member

Hye guys,
    my 328i have this alarm, "Chasis - Drive Moderately"
    Anyone have this issue before? how u guys solve it?
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tiger1610

Tiger1610 New Member

I had the same problem last week. Just picked up my car (328) last Monday and on Thursday noon this warning msg came up. Called my SA & when he checked with Service, apparently there's a bug in the system and you just need to go to Svc Ctr and reset it (meaning not to worry). However since I was already on my way to the East Coast I decided to postpone sending my car for re-set. However, on Thursday evening itself the warning msg disappeared & never reappear to date. Nonetheless, I'll be sending my car to have a check soon.

3. cenanorman

cenanorman New Member

this is the second time it happen, it will disappear when I restart my car

4. Tristars

Tristars Club Guest

It's due to the adaptive suspension sensor. I've read somewhere that there are user who replace their adaptive sensor or just re-initialize the sensor

5. Mavik

Mavik New Member

Best to send your car in to the service center to make sure that it doesn't reappear for no reason again. If it is a faulty sensor get it replaced.

6. TheTinkerer

TheTinkerer Club Guest

Adaptive suspension sensor? Didn't know that 328i has adaptive suspension. Or, does it mean something else?

DrItalia likes this.
  7. Mavik

Mavik New Member

The M-Sport version has.

8. seancorr

seancorr Club Guest

Wonder how much does it cost to change the adaptive dampers once the warranty ends...?

9. Tristars

Tristars Club Guest

Gonna ask the advisor since mine will be replaced next week due to faulty. In the meantime, they disable the sensor to avoid recurrence

10. heng

heng New Member

where do you sent it to to replace the sensor?

11. Tristars

Tristars Club Guest

Since I live in East Coast, I sent my car to Pendragon Auto

12. heng

heng New Member

sent mine to Ingress yesterday…they do the reprograming on the software. hopefully everything is ok.

13. Mavik

Mavik New Member

For the benefit of the rest of the members, how long did it take for the service center to rectify the issue?

14. heng

heng New Member

for mine…it only take a day…looking good at the moment

15. Tristars

Tristars Club Guest

As for me,they took around 6 hours to diagnose, re-initialize, reprogramming & finally disable my sensor

16. cenanorman

cenanorman New Member

went to the service center few times already..
    1) clean the sensors (suspected dirty): work for 2 week before it came again
    2) reprogramme : 2 weeks
    3) change the sensors (with test car) : 3 weeks
    4) reprogramme (suspected after change sensor didnt reprogramme) : 2 weeks
    5) today will send again and they will spend one complete day to re-diagnose

omg.. can't imagine what will happen in near future.. i heard this will happen to all 328i Msport.. so, if yours is still ok, its just a time bomb.. wait for it.. hopefully it trigger before the warantty ends..

i'm very dissatisfied w BMW malaysia.. knowing many customers complained on this, why can't they make a batch-recall or what for re-inspection, i believe they knew the reasons..

17. splee

splee Club Guest

I fully understand your frustration here. This type of problem normally takes time to identify and trace the source of the problem. I am sure they don't know the source or else they would have resolved it by now. Keep cool and act professionally. Hope you get your problem resolve soon.

18. Tristars

Tristars Club Guest

Finding the real root cause is not an easy task. As for me, I always believe every car has their own issue. However, I do hope that they will be able to solve this issue soon

19. cenanorman

cenanorman New Member

still.. its already 3months.. and too frequent visits to service center.. how much longer should the customer wait.. patience has its limit.. for everyone.. imagine if its your car.. luckily, this nuissance alarm didn't paralized totally the car system.. but the suspension system felt compromised when the alarm trigger.. can't they just bypass the sensor, so that the alarm wouldn't trigger, and the system looks like there is no problem with chasis? its chasis for god sake.. if alarm on chasis.. means something wrong with the chasis.. and its totally a major thing.. and it keeps bugging us out.. please... come with proper solutions, temporary and permanent.. its customer now begging for better service now..

cenanorman likes this.
  20. Tristars

Tristars Club Guest

If you read through properly then you will realised that I also suffer the same problem as you. However, as for me, they disable my sensor until replacement unit ready. Therefore, in the meantime, the alarm did not trigger anymore