Which petrol brand is the best in Malaysia?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

cherrygoon

Club Guest
Hey peeps! Which petrol brand is the best in Malaysia recently? I have heard positive and bad reviews on Shell, BHP, Petron, Caltex and Petronas. Can anyone share about your experiences?

Hey peeps! Which petrol brand is the best in Malaysia recently? I have heard positive and bad reviews on Shell, BHP, Petron, Caltex and Petronas. Can anyone share about your experiences?
I have been using V-power Racing for my daily driving. However, I switched over to Petronas Primax in last three months. I noticed that the car engine accelerates without grinding noise and it enables me to drive the car in a smoother way with Petronas Primax than V-power Racing.

Last edited:
I have been using Shell for my daily driving. However, I switched over to Petronas Primax in last three months. I noticed that the car engine accelerates without grinding noise and it enables me to drive the car in a smoother way with Petronas Primax than Shell.
Wow, Petronas Primax performs good in the car engine works! Is there any other difference between Petronas Primax fuel and other brands' fuel?

I've filled my Saga car with star petrol for years and so far is quite satisfied with engine performance and mileage covered. Before that I've pumped green petrol, its performance also not bad and can fight against star petrol.

Last edited:
Wow, Petronas Primax performs good in the car engine works! Is there any other difference between Petronas Primax fuel and other brands' fuel?

Erm...Personally think that Petronas Primax is unique due to its advanced technology-Fluid Technology Solutions. The technology make the fuel performs better in generating greater energy density and enhancing engine operations.

I have been using V-power Racing for my daily driving. However, I switched over to Petronas Primax in last three months. I noticed that the car engine accelerates without grinding noise and it enables me to drive the car in a smoother way with Petronas Primax than V-power Racing.

What is the RON for V Power Racing? They never actually clearly stated that so I am quite curious about it, since they already have V Power 97 so definitely V Power Racing gonna have a RON higher than 97 right?

I assumed that the difference between different brand of petrol is only minimal where it doesn't really affect your car engine in any way, so I dont really care about it that much, only just go for the petrol station which is nearest to my house thats it.

I assumed that the difference between different brand of petrol is only minimal where it doesn't really affect your car engine in any way, so I dont really care about it that much, only just go for the petrol station which is nearest to my house thats it.

Every company is using their own formula to develop their petrol so even though they are all categorised as RON 97 petrol, the chemical components within is definitely not the same, its just like saying Continental and Michelin are the same tyres, which is not true lol. Try to use petronas primax 97 and compared with the other brands then you would know.

Erm...Personally think that Petronas Primax is unique due to its advanced technology-Fluid Technology Solutions. The technology make the fuel performs better in generating greater energy density and enhancing engine operations.

Yup but the more important point in my opinion is that it offered better engine protection as it could prevent deposits from incomplete combustion and also protect our high pressure fuel injectors, making our car engine longer lasting.

Every company is using their own formula to develop their petrol so even though they are all categorised as RON 97 petrol, the chemical components within is definitely not the same, its just like saying Continental and Michelin are the same tyres, which is not true lol. Try to use petronas primax 97 and compared with the other brands then you would know.

Hmm I didn't say that it was 100% the same but even if there are only a small difference like 10% then is it gonna affect much? In what way do you claimed that petronas primax 97 is better to the other brands?

Yup but the more important point in my opinion is that it offered better engine protection as it could prevent deposits from incomplete combustion and also protect our high pressure fuel injectors, making our car engine longer lasting.
In my opinion, all of the petrol sold in the market have the feature of engine protection regardless its brand name. So, we may use either one.

Other petrol companies also have their own technologies in developing petrol. I don't think the technology owned by petronas is so unique. Why u keep on talking about the technology?

In my opinion, all of the petrol sold in the market have the feature of engine protection regardless its brand name. So, we may use either one.
ya, it is undeniable that every petrol has that feature. But I found that primax has the best performance in protecting engine and the car engine still in good condition after driving for few years.

Other petrol companies also have their own technologies in developing petrol. I don't think the technology owned by petronas is so unique. Why u keep on talking about the technology?
i don't agree with ur points.
the technology owned by petronas is really unique coz it enables the company to formulate automotive fuels that are fit even for professional F1 teams,like Mercedes AMG Petronas.

What is the RON for V Power Racing? They never actually clearly stated that so I am quite curious about it, since they already have V Power 97 so definitely V Power Racing gonna have a RON higher than 97 right?
Ya really, no one know the actual RON rating for V-Power Racing. We can only claim that V Power Racing is a high-octane fuel with "minimum RON97".

But I think v-power racing is better than petronas primax
I dont think primax can perform better than v-power racing

Actually I do prefer Esso but this brand was renamed to Petron since six yrs ago...Now I always go to Petron as it's same company with Esso...it seems to me that they are same...

If u ask me,I think shell is the best among these fuel brands.I can feel more power behind the wheel after filled with shell's petrol.

If u ask me,I think shell is the best among these fuel brands.I can feel more power behind the wheel after filled with shell's petrol.
Yes! same here!
They say their petrol can cleans and protects car engine
I'm not sure abt this but so far my car don't have any engine problem

But now I'm using ron95, can I switch over to ron97?
I hear my friend said cannot mix these 2 fuel together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom