Time to change my tyre!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bbphire

Club Guest
after being driving for around 4 years, i think it's time to change my tyre set! haha.. never change before.
wanna change because i think the pattern of tyre also almost gone, feel that would be dangerous if continue using it
but it is really expensive to get a new set leh, thats why i drag it until now. lol
anyone know any dealer? which selling cheaper tyre. im now staying in ipoh..

4 years without one tyre change? Wow! What is the mileage travelled for the 4 yrs period?
You might want to pay more attention to the tyres as I myself have learnt it the hard way...
Probably if you mention the size, it d be easier for ppl to help

Sent from my Nexus 4

If I were you, I would drive down to Singapore and change all 4 tyres together. Tyres are much cheaper across the causeway. At the same time can do some shopping and sight seeing too. Definitely worth the trip. Coming Raya holiday is a good opportunity.

I think this mth should have promotion for michelin tyre, can go to your nearby area to check it out. Because Hari raya is coming soon, usually will have promotion during festive mths.

azeL_Inc said:
4 years without one tyre change? Wow! What is the mileage travelled for the 4 yrs period?
You might want to pay more attention to the tyres as I myself have learnt it the hard way...
Probably if you mention the size, it d be easier for ppl to help

Sent from my Nexus 4
bro, mind share your expereince with me? size is 225/55/17, any recommendation?
splee said:
If I were you, I would drive down to Singapore and change all 4 tyres together. Tyres are much cheaper across the causeway. At the same time can do some shopping and sight seeing too. Definitely worth the trip. Coming Raya holiday is a good opportunity.
haha sounds good...really cheaper? u know the price or u had done it before?

bbphire said:
bro, mind share your expereince with me? size is 225/55/17, any recommendation?

haha sounds good...really cheaper? u know the price or u had done it before?
I have not done it but that's what I plan to do when my tyres are due for changing. A friend of mine save some $3k plus changing his F10 tyres in Singapore. Depending on the size of tyre and brand you will save more the bigger the tyre and for branded imported tyres.

if u wan to save money there is a solution for u. :rock:
since u cant afford to change whole set of tyre, i suggest u to change the back tyre first as back tyre is more important.

splee said:
I have not done it but that's what I plan to do when my tyres are due for changing. A friend of mine save some $3k plus changing his F10 tyres in Singapore. Depending on the size of tyre and brand you will save more the bigger the tyre and for branded imported tyres.
ya..I still can't decide on which brand to choose :102:
didn't have much AL so can't drive to SG la haha

bbphire said:
ya..I still can't decide on which brand to choose :102:
didn't have much AL so can't drive to SG la haha
You can't go wrong with any of the established brand like Michelin, Continental and Bridgestone. After you decide which brand and size, you can email or SMS for a quotation from Singapore. Compared how much you can save and then decide whether it's worth making a trip down under.

oh man...if you really so rare to chg ur tires, at least should buy tires with better quality for longevity...

hey! im thinking to change my tyre also, alr been using for 4 years. lol
my friend just shared a news with me that MIchelin is now having Hari Raya promotion lo, maybe u can check it out bbphire!
the promo is upon purchase, u can get a petrol card worth RM30, and with the proof of purchase, u can redeem the gift la.
for me i think it is quite worth lo, since we planned to change our tyre while ago.. lol

splee said:
You can't go wrong with any of the established brand like Michelin, Continental and Bridgestone. After you decide which brand and size, you can email or SMS for a quotation from Singapore. Compared how much you can save and then decide whether it's worth making a trip down under.
good suggestion ^^ my tyre size are 215/60/17...do u have experience using any brand that u mention? Mic, Conti, BS are in my list...Mic might be PS3 and Conti CC5

gendong said:
whats ur budget per tyre?
below rm400? any suggestion?

Hi im planning to email to any spore shop for a tire quotation but i dont have their address. Mind to share the address pls..

Hey,grab this opportunity, especially those who think Michelin is expensive. Good deal now. Don’t miss it ya. At least save some money also good ma.

chocolate22 said:
Hey,grab this opportunity, especially those who think Michelin is expensive. Good deal now. Don’t miss it ya. At least save some money also good ma.
What opportunity? Cheap Michelin? Where? Details? Dont just spam the forum with hit n run tactics

For Singapore, don't bother making the run down if you're using anything smaller than 18". Based on past experience, the savings increases the larger the size. I saved RM 1,600 for a set of four 19's PSS and RM 2,000 savings for a set of 20's. 18's very marginal, 17' ends up being more expensive on most brands.

Finally replace my GY RFTs after 57k km on the road. I did not expect this to happen to one of my GY RFTs. Was driving along Kesas this morning and suddenly the iDrive prompt Low Tyre Pressure, Stop Carefully. I continue to drive as I have to send my kids to school in Subang. After one to two km, the iDrive prompt that left rear tyre loss pressure. I continue to drive to Subang and drop my kids to school before heading back to Klang tyre shop. On the way to Klang along Federal Highway, rear side of my car started vibrating but still drivable and controllable. By the time I reach the Klang tyre shop, this is the condition of my left rear RFT tyre.
01fe1c93a71a36c3b40ce4948bd49fe7.jpg
d2478fa0da41d5e6f7e6d35f9b6a92bb.jpg
6508db8883266feae58712795e9c10eb.jpg

Top Bottom