Southern Drive Reviewed!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nikazwaa

Club Guest
Hey people...Our recent drive down to JB has finally been reviewed in the latest Hypertune magazine. Rush out and grab your copy now!And also don't forget to sign up for the Northern Drive. Click on the above link for more details. See ya'll there and who knows, maybe in the next Hypertune review, your faces will be plastered all over!Have a good weekend!

The write-up:

BMW Club Malaysia is the only officially recognized BMW society in Malaysia. It is the only club that maintains links with BMW AG, BMW Malaysia and other BMW clubs around the world, and The International Council of BMW Clubs. The club is run by and for the members, and aim to provide something for everyone interested in the marque - whatever the age of the car or the member.

Over the years, members have been exchanging information and sharing resources within the club forum that can be found at their website, www.bmwclubmalaysia.com. The forum also serves as a medium where the members organize activities based on the group's interest to promote better social and community awareness.

On December 10th, 2005, the Pro-tem committee of the club organized a trip down south to Johor Bharu. Seeing that there was a significant amount of members in the southern chapter who have been communicating with the central members via forum, it was high time that they broke the ice in person, finally matching faces to their cyberspace nicknames. At the same time fulfilling one of the members' interest; driving their Ultimate Driving Machines!

The morning of the said date came with high anticipation. The central members had gathered at McDonald's after the Sg. Besi toll to have breakfast before taking off. Among the cars gathered were the classic 2002, E24 6 Series, E28 5 Series, E30 3 Series, E34 5 Series, E36 3 Series, E39 5 Series and the E46 3 Series.

The 1974 BMW 2002 then led the way for 35 members in 17 cars. The 3-hour plus trip garnered a lot of attention of road users along the way. Upon arrival in JB, they were greeted by another dozen cars at a petrol station and again made heads turn.

After a few hours of rest at the hotel, they met up at the southern chapter's regular TT (Teh Tarik session) spot at a local Projet station where the Johor rides joined the fray in full force. There were even a group of Singaporean rides that made the effort to join them. The gathering of Bimmers was a sight to behold. Interesting cars from the south included an AC Schnitzer kitted E60 5 Series and a rare E30 Convertible.

Central meets southern and the ice-breaking session began. Members were exchanging stories and checking out rides that were only limited on the internet before this. All the excitement left them starving and off they went a popular seafood restaurant for a scrumptious meal. Members were more comfortable with each other now and the Vice President, Jeffrey Ewe gave a short speech followed by the JB representatives.

A party would soon follow suit at the NY Club. A popular joint often visited by the Johor Royals, NY Club recognized the visit by letting the club park their best cars and had the club's banner hanged in front. Visitor's of the club that night were entertained with a BMW Q&A session and received prizes.

All in all, everyone had fun and the trip proved to be a memorable one. The Club is ever-growing and open to anyone who owns and has interest in BMWs. More fun activities and events are lined up for 2006 and we hear a Northern Drive is coming up. For more info, log on to their website and enjoy the ride. www.bmwclubmalaysia.com

Wow nice stuff there and this means our club is moving and moving to the next step ahead. Hip hip hooray the the club. Psst...My picture not there lah! :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by vladd_tappish@Mar 11 2006, 10:32 PM
Wow nice stuff there and this means our club is moving and moving to the next step ahead. Hip hip hooray the the club. Psst...My picture not there lah! :ph34r: :ph34r:
mine is.... muahaha muahaha!!!! :p :p :p

hip hip hurrah to nikk... dont shake ur hipps now ok... after kaizaa will buy pop corn... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope more there'll be more cars/membersfor the northern drive to beat the 35 members in 17 cars that went for the southern gig.

Excellent stuff guys. Once again, I'm proud to be associated with this club. Such drives takes a lot of members' initiatives. Kudos to the team who put in extra effort to make sure everything went as planned. Don't worry, as we go along, things will only get better...provided we all put in our bit of sweat and blood. Nothing falls from the sky. B) But remember, drive safely! :rolleyes: :yes:

yup...well done guys,and like DD says....it can only get bigger and better!!!

btw,i can try and get my deputy editor friend from asianauto to join u guys and do a review in the mag if its ok with y'all.....

let me knw okies...

wish i could join u guys but got prior arrangements oredi so y'all hav loadsa fun and drive safely!!!

rgds,
-brad-

wah, the car was led by a 1974 2002, well done there Dave!

i am sure u guys had a good outing.. publish in the magazine summore.. great outing there!

Top Bottom