• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bazet

Club Guest
418118_372305602787820_100000251509664_1357328_287132620_n.jpg

damn... kena cari rim ori nih..now, where did i see Alpina for sale..:motz:

bazet;719553 said:
IMG_6813.jpg

Just CnP from my facebook wall :D This one is BBS Replica by Varrstoen

Scary, just hope it wont happen to me..the wheel is similar to mine..fingers crossed

i dun see any issues with replica rims, japan rims,german rims, taiwan rims, china rims, japan rims, thailand rims, indonesion rims, and sorts of rims...

if china cars of almost 200mil on the road with china made rims, is all going to be cracked ? So if our proton and perdua even the toyota rims which is made locally, going to crack like this ?

judging from the pictures, the rims must have broke on impact, knocked, hit hard on a kerb...

only thing that makes the rims get crack easily is lousy rubber and too thin.... think of 255/35/R19 tyres on 19" rims... it takes only one pothole to either crack your rims or dent it, or worse, like picture 1...

Nothing lasts forever, but with good care whilst driving and regular checks while washing your ride should prolong your ownership... Just a thought!

Those rims are obvious failure.. yes, definitely due to impact but original rim if impacted, will bengkok first.. notice some of the photo posted up has no sign of bengkok with even perfect lip, I call it failure.

OEM rims regardless made where, China or here are mostly diecasted to safety specification, that's why are heavy. Even in diecasting, the allloy has to heat up to certain temperature to reduce air bubble within the compound which means increase cost. Would the replicas go through the same process and yet be able to make huge margin by selling their rims at RM2k for 4 pcs?

Those BBS design are not easy to make with complicated process to strengthen the metal to shave weight. The replicas definitely cut corners in some of the process to cut cost. I never trusted replicas.. interesting why people can afford expensive cars but use replica wheels.. safety definitely compromised. More when inch up because the bigger the rim diameter, the thinner the tyre to cushion impact. Unlike tyres, it's wear and tear but rims, you only spend one time, please get original.

Just my personal opinion.

Ori rims can fail too, even ori bbs, acs etc ... all depends on how it got whacked ...

..but how to know what is original and what is not ?? I dont believe in those 'stamps' saying its original..I mean..how difficult is to put some stamping on to rim?? So, how you guys knows that you paying for original, instead of paying massive amount of money for something whats some cheap replica??

sachseelan;719795 said:
Ori rims can fail too, even ori bbs, acs etc ... all depends on how it got whacked ...

... and tyre pressure.. very crucial for low profile tyre.

Let's examine..

Perfect lips but hub area fail, tyre is still amazingly intact. Unless u tell me the owner has been repeatedly repair the lips lor.
418118_372305602787820_100000251509664_1357328_287132620_n.jpg

Where's the impact?
IMG_6813.jpg

This has impact, but why the peeling of the lip? Forge rim doesn't peel like that la.. looks like a diecasted forge rim design.
3081173827_6e01b48fb4.jpg

What impact? How? Confirm material failure, diecasted alloy not cooked up to temperature, hence many air cavity trapped within the alloy.
wtfwheel2.jpg

the bigger the rim size, the more failure prone it'll be...
Most replica rims are not forged, mostly cast alloy.

Well, good thing no cheap, cheap things no good... Some rims are good for show. if you want to high speed, then pray hard they don't fail from metal fatigue while you're blasting at 200kmh...

Top Bottom