Relocating back to Malaysia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nmbhoy

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologize for posting question here especially joining the forum just recently. Just need an urgent advise as I will be moving back shortly to Malaysia from Europe and was thinking of bringing back a BMW 3 series for day to day use in KL. Just that I have always wanted a beemer and its possible now using personal AP.

As I am looking at the models from the Fifth generation (E90/E91/E92/E93; 2004–2013) - the car would cost me approx RM 20k for year 2006/2007 plus excise duty approx RM 10/15k. I am looking at either buying the 318/320 as long as its below 2000cc. From my research so far, it seems both the 318i & 320i models have many issues ranging from engine/gearbox etc and the recommendation is to go for 325 instead. Just that cost is a concern and the higher cc, the higher the duties/maintenance/repair cost etc.

Just a quick look at Mudah shows there are hundreds of BMW 3 series available from 2006 onwards at approx RM 40-50k.

I hope someone can advise me if its worth to still bring the car from UK and if there are anything important I should consider for cars from UK, also more importantly to go for the 3 series or perhaps the 1 series would be better? Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom