1. Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Relocating back to Malaysia

Discussion in '3 Series' started by nmbhoy, Jul 24, 2017.

1. nmbhoy

nmbhoy New Member

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologize for posting question here especially joining the forum just recently. Just need an urgent advise as I will be moving back shortly to Malaysia from Europe and was thinking of bringing back a BMW 3 series for day to day use in KL. Just that I have always wanted a beemer and its possible now using personal AP.

As I am looking at the models from the Fifth generation (E90/E91/E92/E93; 2004–2013) - the car would cost me approx RM 20k for year 2006/2007 plus excise duty approx RM 10/15k. I am looking at either buying the 318/320 as long as its below 2000cc. From my research so far, it seems both the 318i & 320i models have many issues ranging from engine/gearbox etc and the recommendation is to go for 325 instead. Just that cost is a concern and the higher cc, the higher the duties/maintenance/repair cost etc.

Just a quick look at Mudah shows there are hundreds of BMW 3 series available from 2006 onwards at approx RM 40-50k.

I hope someone can advise me if its worth to still bring the car from UK and if there are anything important I should consider for cars from UK, also more importantly to go for the 3 series or perhaps the 1 series would be better? Thanks for all the help.

reipledy likes this.