Nightmare on AutoBavaria, Glenmarie!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MAQ

Club Guest
I recently took delivery of a new 528, and was extremely pleased with the drive etc. However, less than 3 months later, whilst driving to work, a warning notice appeared indicating a Dynamic Dampening Control Failure and that I should drive moderately and take it to a service centre immediately. In addition the service interval had suddenly shortened from 10k to 900.I sent the car to AB in Glenmarie and they indicated that the repair would take a few days, which it did. I then got a call saying that whilst the car has been sorted, the mechanic who test drove the car hit a kerb and this required a couple of days to fix, to which I said okay. Then a few days later another call to say that they lacked a screw to fit the skirting and this would take another couple of days before the screw arrives from pasir gudang and another couple of days more to fix it!!All this while I have been patient, without a replacement car as they had none. Now they will not give me anything in writing as to what happened and why the delays. Can anyone help regarding what can be done.Much appreciated

Welcome to the club! Its most enjoyable ya? Try what I did. After giving them some rope to hang themselves, walk in and start to curse and swear loudly. It works.

sad but true story . the ddc failure could be the sensor at our rear wheel when faulty or plastic broken, when i change my spring i found out this also if install wrong it will cause problem,

MAQ;786808 said:
I recently took delivery of a new 528, and was extremely pleased with the drive etc.

However, less than 3 months later, whilst driving to work, a warning notice appeared indicating a Dynamic Dampening Control Failure and that I should drive moderately and take it to a service centre immediately. In addition the service interval had suddenly shortened from 10k to 900.

I sent the car to AB in Glenmarie and they indicated that the repair would take a few days, which it did. I then got a call saying that whilst the car has been sorted, the mechanic who test drove the car hit a kerb and this required a couple of days to fix, to which I said okay. Then a few days later another call to say that they lacked a screw to fit the skirting and this would take another couple of days before the screw arrives from pasir gudang and another couple of days more to fix it!!

All this while I have been patient, without a replacement car as they had none. Now they will not give me anything in writing as to what happened and why the delays.

Can anyone help regarding what can be done.

Much appreciated

dear MAQ ....sorry to hear about your ordeal with AB ...but a humble introduction of yourself is a better way to step in this forum ....

your 1st post and already have a nightmare ..anyway you're not the first ..but read up in the forums there are aplenty of other with such similar nighmares too ...

What you might be able to do...

MAQ;786808 said:
I recently took delivery of a new 528, and was extremely pleased with the drive etc.

However, less than 3 months later, whilst driving to work, a warning notice appeared indicating a Dynamic Dampening Control Failure and that I should drive moderately and take it to a service centre immediately. In addition the service interval had suddenly shortened from 10k to 900.

I sent the car to AB in Glenmarie and they indicated that the repair would take a few days, which it did. I then got a call saying that whilst the car has been sorted, the mechanic who test drove the car hit a kerb and this required a couple of days to fix, to which I said okay. Then a few days later another call to say that they lacked a screw to fit the skirting and this would take another couple of days before the screw arrives from pasir gudang and another couple of days more to fix it!!

All this while I have been patient, without a replacement car as they had none. Now they will not give me anything in writing as to what happened and why the delays.

Can anyone help regarding what can be done.

Much appreciated

Hi there, well looks like your sour experience was at service, I am so sorry for you and your car, I hope they restore the kerb damage to perfect condition.

Well, after hearing my uncle's friends car that had been serviced at AB Glenmarie, and was returned with rattling sounds that never existed prior to service, and also AB was not able to fix it, he wrote a letter detailing the problem and the evidence (ie invoice for service) back to BMW Germany. Probably you can try that. Or go speak to the top guys at Auto Bavaria Glenmarie, tell them if they do not fix it, you will write to Sime Darby Motors and the press. That will keep them on their toes. But no need to raise voice yet la, cause, later knowing them, they will purposely make it even harder for you. Chill, talk to them, and I hope that it will work out. I have tried this technique at another Sime Motors company (the Korean one) and it worked. Problem solved at lightspeed.

:D

sudonano;786995 said:
Hi there, well looks like your sour experience was at service, I am so sorry for you and your car, I hope they restore the kerb damage to perfect condition.

Well, after hearing my uncle's friends car that had been serviced at AB Glenmarie, and was returned with rattling sounds that never existed prior to service, and also AB was not able to fix it, he wrote a letter detailing the problem and the evidence (ie invoice for service) back to BMW Germany. Probably you can try that. Or go speak to the top guys at Auto Bavaria Glenmarie, tell them if they do not fix it, you will write to Sime Darby Motors and the press. That will keep them on their toes. But no need to raise voice yet la, cause, later knowing them, they will purposely make it even harder for you. Chill, talk to them, and I hope that it will work out. I have tried this technique at another Sime Motors company (the Korean one) and it worked. Problem solved at lightspeed.

or do what i did i tell AB glenmarie bye bye and service my car at ingress or quil now.

dark1234;786996 said:
or do what i did i tell AB glenmarie bye bye and service my car at ingress or quil now.

That was exactly what i did to my wife's 323i. Actually sometimes i think that is exactly what they want. That way they can reduce the number of customers coming into their service dept and hence, reduce their workload.

Banging tables can work. But sometimes we as customers do not want to get aggressive as buying and owning a freaking expensive car is supposed to make us happy.

No hard and fast rule here. Its highly dependent on the situation and the kind of person you are. Are u an aggressive person or just want to enjoy your ride. If its the former, do bang tables and threaten them. But if its the latter, go to Quill/Ingress/Wearnes. I now service my ride in segambut during my time off. Once i get transferred back home for good mid next year, Ingress will be my first choice

Dear MAQ

My advice would be to start writing what had happened, if you have pictures and invoices it would be better to Gerard Pils CEO of BMW Msia send it to:
BMW Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
P.O. Box 112,
43007 Kajang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Fax: +603 2082 0082

If I were you I would also cc a copy of that letter to Mr Gerard's boss Norbert Reithofer at customer.service@bmw.com

Sometimes you have to rattle the cage a little bit to get things going. I had posted about my experience of Msian BMW dealerships before in the F30 subforum and how I helped my friend get his problems sorted. By the way he also had his dealings through AB Glen.

Hope this helps.

ICEMAN 68;786859 said:
dear MAQ ....sorry to hear about your ordeal with AB ...but a humble introduction of yourself is a better way to step in this forum ....

your 1st post and already have a nightmare ..anyway you're not the first ..but read up in the forums there are aplenty of other with such similar nighmares too ...

My apologies if my thread appeared arrogant, and quite right regarding the intro.

This was my first posting, however I have been following up on several discussions for a couple of years re BMW's, and decided to get one recently. Am currently in Subang area and hence the visit to AB in glenmarie.

More importantly all the advise and in particular the contacts provided are most appreciated.

Hi,

DOnt fret, I have an equally rubbish experiance with Quill. Have been waiting since July for my MRP 528i. The ignorant sales advisor overlooked the process even after being reminded many times by myself, car got delivered by Inokom and they didn't do the paperwork. Car should have been delivered in Nov 1st week, its been sitting in the Quill yard for almost a month, because of these tidak apa attitude. I would have cancelled on matter of principle but since its an MRP car, duty exempt was already done when i realized their screw up. Worst case, given i travel s much, they waited until last minute to tell me when i need to pay my balance of down payment when they had weeks do do it. So now further delay as the car cannot be collected until i go back to a bank in M'sia to do the bankers draft! .

If it wasnt due to the stock problems of 528, i would have stuck to Ingress where most of my family members got their BMW's!

GIven quill's very sorry state of customer service, 3 more colleagues who will return under MRP in Q1 will not go to Quill for their cars! So in short, Quill is as bad as AB from my view.

As for your case, you should have demanded for replacement car. Secondly, you should have gone and taken a picture of the car, to see what exactly is the damage, did you ssee? I will demand for some kind of compensation. Check if they have right to drive your car out of their premises without your permission. Else use that to your advantage.

These dealers are arrogant, they dont know customer service!

Gokula

I did go to Wearnes after Ingress didnt have stock, but they had the same issue, no stock before dec. The reality is, due to Quill screw up, i probably gonna get the car in dec anyway, wasnt a smart choice and i still end up paying for car rental till then! On the contrary, having lived in UAE where BMW is not considered a luxury car, not only are the cars cheaper (cheaper then malaysian tax free), the customer service is top notch. One of my engineers who got a 523, after 1 month he had A/C issue, not only did the sales advisor of BMW appologise profusely, he arranged for the car to be picked up from the office, gave him a courtesy car and returned the car once fixed. And this is a country where BMW and Porche are everyday cars and not considered any special!

If you wanna get someone's butt in AB GLenmarie, go for the Head of After Sales, one Mr Lee ... go taroh him kaw kaw ...

a few chaps did go in the lounge area and scream expressing their disappointment..well it works!

kevin1982my;787008 said:
That was exactly what i did to my wife's 323i. Actually sometimes i think that is exactly what they want. That way they can reduce the number of customers coming into their service dept and hence, reduce their workload.

Banging tables can work. But sometimes we as customers do not want to get aggressive as buying and owning a freaking expensive car is supposed to make us happy.

No hard and fast rule here. Its highly dependent on the situation and the kind of person you are. Are u an aggressive person or just want to enjoy your ride. If its the former, do bang tables and threaten them. But if its the latter, go to Quill/Ingress/Wearnes. I now service my ride in segambut during my time off. Once i get transferred back home for good mid next year, Ingress will be my first choice

Is Ingress supposed to be that much better? I booked my car in at Ingress for a service last Thursday and while there asked thme to check on why the car pulls to the left and the jerkiness at low speeds. Was told that inorder to check that i need to leave the car overnight. Ok. Next day I get a call that I should leave till Sat as they need to remove the suspension to adjust the spring. Ok. Collect the car on Sat and guess what...it was not serviced!Service advisor apologized and said he was looking into other matters and did not do the service. 3 days??!! Told to come in on Monday and car will be attended to immediately while I wait and that I will be out in an hour. Booked for 10am Monday. Arrive at 9.50am and inform reception. Car does not get checked in till 10.40!! And then told to wait 2 hours for the car!! So much for being out in 1 hour! I inform the, that the last job was not completed as I am still driving with the steering wheel angled to the right while going straight. Three hours later the car is ready unless i want a wash. Said forget the wash as I needed to go. Drive away with the steering still angled to the right after 3.5 days work at Ingress and 2 visits. Is this really supposed to be the best BMW service centre in KL? With 6.5 L of oil costing RM 663 and takes 3.5 days to still not get it right? Ingress is indeed the closest centre to me from Hartamas/Damansara but am I expecting too much from them for the price we are paying? Are they all like this?

Rayhwc;788306 said:
Is Ingress supposed to be that much better? I booked my car in at Ingress for a service last Thursday and while there asked thme to check on why the car pulls to the left and the jerkiness at low speeds. Was told that inorder to check that i need to leave the car overnight. Ok. Next day I get a call that I should leave till Sat as they need to remove the suspension to adjust the spring. Ok. Collect the car on Sat and guess what...it was not serviced!Service advisor apologized and said he was looking into other matters and did not do the service. 3 days??!! Told to come in on Monday and car will be attended to immediately while I wait and that I will be out in an hour. Booked for 10am Monday. Arrive at 9.50am and inform reception. Car does not get checked in till 10.40!! And then told to wait 2 hours for the car!! So much for being out in 1 hour! I inform the, that the last job was not completed as I am still driving with the steering wheel angled to the right while going straight. Three hours later the car is ready unless i want a wash. Said forget the wash as I needed to go. Drive away with the steering still angled to the right after 3.5 days work at Ingress and 2 visits. Is this really supposed to be the best BMW service centre in KL? With 6.5 L of oil costing RM 663 and takes 3.5 days to still not get it right? Ingress is indeed the closest centre to me from Hartamas/Damansara but am I expecting too much from them for the price we are paying? Are they all like this?

Maybe Ingress got so many cars coming in for services nowadays and cant cope up.
Try Wearnes Segambut.

The problem with changing service centres is that the dealers dont really input all the service and repair data online, ie Ingress did not actually have all the information about the previous service at AB (where I bought the car and did the first service). Being closer to me I thought of making Ingress my regular service centre going forward. I also did not get a full serive report printed out the last time from AB coz I thought it would be online. Moving to yet another service centre like Wearnes will add another level of uncertainty in the service history of the car, but I guess thatis the strategy employed by the dealers . I am sure this can't be consistent with the intention of BMW Malaysia, nor am I in the habit of changing dealers. However this kind of experience just sours the ownership experience and one has to put up with it to maintain the warranty.

Sorry to hear Ray. Looks like its individual s that matter. I had a pleasant surprise though, given the further delays caused now by inokom in releasing the car for registration, I received a call to pick up a courtesy car from Quill team.

So pouring my frustrations got noticed but I wished it was earlier. Nevertheless, its a gesture I won't forget. Would be good to write to ingress and cc BMW Malaysia. Sometimes ppl need to know in the SVC industry, you can't make blatant errors like what u have been through.

sudonano;786995 said:

Bro, after spending RM400k , we have to kow tow to them ? WTF ??? I THINK TIANCI's METHOD IS JUSTIFIED !!!

Top Bottom