Need Advice First BMW?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Oshika

Dear Sifu, i newbie here..

want to asking an advice for first BMW, honestly, my financial just Medium, got wife and 1 son. i really love BMW since i was a teenager.. Now, i'm working for 5 years already, got an Company operational VAN (YES, VAN) 5 years experience driving VAN, and other 5 Years experience driving Innova and fortuner (toy*ta) from old company, 10years with zero accident record (major accident i mean, small one like hit the pole, scratches of course got for 10 years driving, i'm not that perfect.. lol) BUT i never drive sedan before, NEVER. (this my first sedan i hope)

i really want to get BMW now, but thight budget roughly around RM20K-22K with backup funds for first service is RM3k-5k.. i know that the only option is e36 318i '92-99 (1800cc) which mean cheaper road tax or e36 320i (2000cc) higher road tax but more powerful (i don't really speeding anyway, just some polite driver)..

but of course i have to very careful when buying this "classic" (better word than "OLD") car. exterior is of course i can understand, but engine, gearbox (auto transmision prefered), etc, is kinda MoneySucker if got the "rosak" one..

i plan to buy from used car dealer,

Any TipS what and how to check engine,condition and gearbox??

With bmw, sure you will drive faster. For that price range, you can get a very good and well maintained E36. 320i roadtax still cheap around 400++.

In your circumstances I advice not to buy from car dealer. Look around here for a E36 owner who is trying to sell his car instead.

Nailofar said:
With bmw, sure you will drive faster. For that price range, you can get a very good and well maintained E36. 320i roadtax still cheap around 400++.
Lol.. no la.. mainly will be city driving, if take highway maybe just subang-KL only.. not outstation.. but if got BMW sure will plan to go outstation once a year lah.. first option will be 318i if can't get well maintain then spread the budget to e320i

crusher said:
In your circumstances I advice not to buy from car dealer. Look around here for a E36 owner who is trying to sell his car instead.
Thanks for advice, if find direct owner, how to change name, puspakom, etc, is it easy??

yup....ditto crusher.....avoid buying "classics" from used car dealer.most likely koyak car ady.but on the other hand,who knows.you may get lucky......

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Mates,
Am looking for pre owned 320i or 325i with 2 yrs old, wilayah no. plate, anyone who is interested to sell pls pm me thanks

stevensonyip said:
Hi Mates,
Am looking for pre owned 320i or 325i with 2 yrs old, wilayah no. plate, anyone who is interested to sell pls pm me thanks
2 yrs old won't be a 325i, it'll be 328i

Oshika said:
Lol.. no la.. mainly will be city driving, if take highway maybe just subang-KL only.. not outstation.. but if got BMW sure will plan to go outstation once a year lah.. first option will be 318i if can't get well maintain then spread the budget to e320i

Thanks for advice, if find direct owner, how to change name, puspakom, etc, is it easy??

Puspakom will be handled by seller. Than both of you have to go to JPJ to do the transfer. Quite easy if you familiar with the process

Oshika said:
Dear Sifu, i newbie here..

want to asking an advice for first BMW, honestly, my financial just Medium, got wife and 1 son. i really love BMW since i was a teenager.. Now, i'm working for 5 years already, got an Company operational VAN (YES, VAN) 5 years experience driving VAN, and other 5 Years experience driving Innova and fortuner (toy*ta) from old company, 10years with zero accident record (major accident i mean, small one like hit the pole, scratches of course got for 10 years driving, i'm not that perfect.. lol) BUT i never drive sedan before, NEVER. (this my first sedan i hope)

i really want to get BMW now, but thight budget roughly around RM20K-22K with backup funds for first service is RM3k-5k.. i know that the only option is e36 318i '92-99 (1800cc) which mean cheaper road tax or e36 320i (2000cc) higher road tax but more powerful (i don't really speeding anyway, just some polite driver)..

but of course i have to very careful when buying this "classic" (better word than "OLD") car. exterior is of course i can understand, but engine, gearbox (auto transmision prefered), etc, is kinda MoneySucker if got the "rosak" one..

i plan to buy from used car dealer,

Any TipS what and how to check engine,condition and gearbox??
Haha Bro,

I also considering the same thing with you.. mind share =P
hehe

Hi Guys,

Am in search of an E46, preferably with low mileage and with Wilayah plate.
Anyone looking to sell theirs?

Top Bottom