JPJ Summon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chookleng

Club Guest
hi all, today i was unfortunate pull over by JPJ over expire road tax / insurance summon. didnt state the amount there and told me have to attend court. any idea how much is this compound? road tax expire on 2012 june. didnt renew it as i drove other car often and hardly drive this car only except once in a month. any idea how much is this compound or can i go JPJ directly to pay without attending court?

Did it state that you can pay a compound? I think it sounds like a court-only deal, as its quite a serious offence not to have roadtax, and more importantly insurance. You're lucky they didn't impound the car and you'd have to take a taxi home.

no, at end receipt show nothing except "Mahkamah". didnt state can pay compound. how serious is this damn offence? damn....i rarely drive this car after road tax expire...just my luck ran into JPJ. if police i think easy solve....but JPJ!!! any idea if appear at court this offence will be how much?

Take the saman n go visit them immediately at the issuance branch. Tell them your sad story n see what happens.

I would suggest you renew your insurance first and make sure have it back dated to the date before you are summoned because it is very serious offence to drive without insurance. That is why you're summoned to the court.

roadtax offence is not compoundable.no insurance,two wrongs and normally can go 1k-1.5k.just tell the megistrate your case and this is your first.beg for his leniency

I suggest you go JPJ and look for the big boss and try explain your way out. If you are lucky, maybe they will cancel the saman. Good luck.

LOL...thx all sharing. i hope i can find way too. i try explain too yesterday but he was like mocking me driving bmw but...cant renew? damn!!! WOW!!! damn this, the compound can go to 1.5k high?

chookleng,

Here are my thoughts.....driving with an expired insurance and roadtax should be deemed as a serious offence. JPJ was very lenient with you with just a summon. By right JPJ should have impounded and towed your car to their depot as you were in fact endangering other motorists, cyclists and/or pedestrian without an insurance cover.

Please do the right thing and don't drive your car if you do not intend to renew your roadtax and insurance.

Herbert;810243 said:
chookleng,

Here are my thoughts.....driving with an expired insurance and roadtax should be deemed as a serious offence. JPJ was very lenient with you with just a summon. By right JPJ should have compounded and towed your car to their depot as you were in fact endangering other motorists, cyclists and/or pedestrian without an insurance cover.

Please do the right thing and don't drive your car if you do not intend to renew your roadtax and insurance.

dude i do realize my mistake and what done is undone now. im asking for solution / advice but it seem i got blasted instead.

I had the similar case.. They impounded the car..Mine was not renewed for 2 years...I got my runner to do it and it costed me rm600 to settle eveything..

Dont worry brother . Visit the branch n look for the higher rank and slow talk . Nothing is impossible when u negotiate with the right tone . No harm trying . Good that they didnt tow ur car. Best of luck .

When we have roadtax, no one will stop us .. it only happen when we dont have it . Damm.

Three years ago, my cousin was in the same situation driving without Road tax nor insurance. His car was towed to the impound, he had to make a court appearance and also he had to pay for the release of his car. He had to pay Rm 2000, why 2000? he also had illegal blacked out tinting. He went to JPJ tried to slow talk to a high ranking officer and he begged, but unfortunately the officer said IF your car had insurance coverage we could help you get a more lenient fine, but unfortunately you had neither insurance or road tax. In court he was lucky though, the judge gave him a warning and stated that if he was ever caught again without these two he would be blacklisted and would not be able to buy insurance or renew a road tax under his name.

So to everyone, if you don't drive your car for one day or 1 month just double check your road tax just in case. This can happen to anyone, and I've met people who have said I've been lucky to drive without a road tax i never get caught. NEVER say NEVER.. You can never be certain.

Top Bottom