How to choose a good car window tint? Raytech, V-kool, Llumar,3M, Huper Optik

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

starmax

Hi guys,

I will sharing some window film information in this forum. If everybody still survey around by looking for the "film specification" and ask for the "best quote". You are totally in wrong way. Let me share my knowledge to you. In Malaysia market, there are many low grade products normally from Korea, Taiwan and China. These low grade tinted is good when you first buy, even test with spotlight or solar meter device, and the tinted spec is superb high, but somehow after some time maybe within 1-2 years, the low grade tinted will start getting poor in heat rejection, bubbling, and color fading. Would you like to spend thousand on these products? How to prevent from buying these low grade films in market?

If you looking for good product, you must select the right brand that selling USA film.

Step 1. Filter the Good brand window film that carry and selling USA film. Do some research on the brand’s website, figure out the background of the brand and the supplier/ manufacturer behind the brand. Many window tinted brand unable to reveal this information as they are not selling USA product, and there are not information about their manufacturer.

After choosing the right brand, goes to step 2.

Step 2. Make sure you buying the right product of the brand. Do not cheated with "House Brand". Many dealers in market today buying franchise from USA brand to attract customer come into their shop, but they selling a lot of other low grade product to customer, instead of original product. These non-original product called "House Brand" which is also from Korea, Taiwan & China film. In fact, many people have no idea they are using the fake product, as the dealer still giving warranty card on 'House-Brand" products. Unfortunately, most people maybe don't know about their tinted warranty only valid in that particular shop where they tinted their car.

Example : Let say Volkswagen is a good car brand. If you are buying the non original Volkswagen car from one dealer, and you unable to claim warranty in any other Volkswagen workshop, you must go back the shop where you buy this car for service and warranty claim. Why? it is because you are not purchase a real Volkswagen car at the beginning, so means you being cheated paying money on non-original product. Of course, this will not happen in real life, as we all know how to see those car model, but window film is different story. People really don't know how to differential it.

How to figure out the original product of the brand? It is simple. Figure out the original product in website, check on the available product model and film specification. Normally original product is printed the brand logo on the tinted film and pack with original packaging.

Step 3. To make sure you choose the right tint film. Go to the shop personally, test the film personally with spotlight, and request for solar meter device testing. After filtered the right brand and the right product. Now start survey by comparing the film quality, film performance, film price, film color, film reflective, film warranty coverage, testimonial etc.

Don't proceed to step 3, before step 1 & 2.

Good Luck.

Education Material of IWFA

1. Infra-Red (IR) rejection not accurate to describe solar heat control of window film product.
2. IR only contribute 54% of Total Solar Energy Rejection.
3. SHGC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient is more comprehensive to solar control performance.
4. It Is misleading to consumer if Manufacturer refer to IR rejection instead of SHGC.

Link to the articles of IWFA : http://www.cornellstorefrontsolutions.com/specs/IWFA%20-%20IR%20Ratings%20of%20Window%20Film.pdf

ikqh.jpg

Llumar Window Film
Llumar International window Film from Virginia, USA.
Manufactured by Solutia Inc., a subsidiary of Eastman Chemical Company
http://www.llumar.com/about-us/sustainability

Raytech Window Film
Raytech International Window Film, Malaysia.
Product special develop from Commonwealth Laminating & Coating, Inc. Martinsvella, Virginia. USA.
http://raytechfilms.com/about-us/
http://www.commonwealthlaminating.com/Locate.aspx

3M Window Film
3M headquarter campuses in St. Paul, Minnesota. and Austin, Texas
3M produce their own polyesters, adhesives, metals and scratch-resistant coatings.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ilm/Solutions/

V-Kool Window Film
V-KOOL International Pte Ltd, from Singapore
Worked with Southwall Technologies, Inc., a related company based in Palo, Alto, California, USA.
By year 2010, Novomatrix Pte Ltd, parent company of V-KOOL International was acquired by Solutia
Inc. Since then, V-KOOL International taken over by Solutia Inc. as a wholly owned
subsidiary.* http://www.v-kool.com/about-us/history

Huper Optik
Huper Optik is the same company of V-kool doing ceramic verison.
International Pte Ltd, from Singapore
PSB Corporation and Novomatrix Pte Ltd (same as V-Kool in Singapore) *
Worked with Fraunhofer Institute (Germany Research Company)
Southwall Technologies Inc. (USA Window Film manufacturer, bough over by Solutia Inc in 2010)
http://www.huperoptik.com/en/company/

About Solutia Inc
Solutia Inc., a subsidiary of Eastman Chemical Company.
*LLumar® Window Film,**V-KOOL®,*IQue®,*Hüper Optik®, and*Gila® Window Film*brands.
http://www.llumar.com/about-us/about-the-manufacturer

Guys, please post other brand that you find the information about their manufacturer in my thread. I may miss other good brand too.

on security films, make sure the warranty expressesly states the type of film ie amourcoat 4 mil and not just the general warranty from the installer. Also in what case can we claim ie no shattering or bits n pieces of glass everywhere. Bad experience, amourcoat 4 mil shatter with one hit, no remnants of film found. Wife lost handbag with ic, cards etc last Sat.. Given shit by both BMW SA and 3rd party installer today, had to claim insurance.
On top of this, 2013 average is 1 case/week, all side window, from 1 dealer for BMW and mini cars.. If you wanted amourcoat, make sure its a warranty from amourcoat not the 3rd party..Food for thought...

Beyond the quality of the product, I think the quality of work and the level of service is equally important.

I had my car tinted with the llumar security film last year, and came away a satisfied customer. Unfortunately it is the level of service by the ss2 distributor that I call to question. I returned to the shop this morning to enquire about the new tinting laws and whether my car would pass the new laws, and all I got was a set of answers which either shows the lack of expertise on the part of the vendor, or that I really look like a fool.

1. I enquired about the level of tint on my front windscreen, and I was told to refer to the original invoice/warranty. I am shocked that they could not measure this, or even compare with the stocks that they have to give me an answer.
2. I enquired about whether it would pass jpj scrutiny under the new laws. The supposed "owner" of the shop said that any film covering the front windscreen of any car would technically not pass.
3. The most shocking of all - he claimed that even front windscreen on a new Proton car would technically not pass as that had only 68% light emittance. Any one with an ounce of intelligence will know that can't be true. And yet those are the words of the so called "expert".

So if anyone has had their llumar tinting done at the ss2 distributor, here is their best claim. They would pay for any summons that is incurred as a result of their tinting not passing the law. We'll see how far this guarantee will stand....

All front windshields have coatings and when added on to a typical 70% light emmitance film, the combined light emittance will fall below 70% and fail JPJ test. Yet no manufacturer is stupid enough to produce film with 80% light emission because the heat rejection properties is almost non-existance. So asking such question to tint shop attract stupid answer coz none of their product is legal.

Choosing the right car window tint is crucial for both style and functionality! Here's a quick rundown on popular brands:

1. Raytech: Known for quality and durability, Raytech offers a range of tints catering to various needs. Consider their options for a balance of style and UV protection.

2. V-Kool: Renowned for superior heat rejection, V-Kool tints are excellent for keeping your car cool. If you're in a hot climate, this could be a top choice.

3. Llumar: A trusted name, Llumar provides a variety of tints with great UV protection. Their films are known for clarity and effective heat reduction.

4. 3M: A global leader, 3M offers high-performance tints with advanced technology. Look into their Crystalline series for a clear, high-tech option.

5. Huper Optik: If you value innovation, Huper Optik uses nano-ceramic technology for outstanding heat rejection without compromising visibility.
Consider factors like local climate, your preferences, and legal regulations for tint shop penang. Ultimately, a good tint balances style, UV protection, and heat rejection for a comfortable and cool ride! #CarTintChoices #DriveInStyle

Top Bottom