Goodyear Sport Maxx 050 Plus

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aoch88

Club Guest
Guys, any of you used this tyre before? How's it compared to the likes of CSC 5P, CSC 6, PS3, PSS, etc?
Apparently this tyre is made in Japan but can't find much reviews online.

I am using Sport Max TT. Its great for dry condition. Not that good on very wet road or heavy rain. But then again its not advisable to speed during heavy rain anyway.

The ride, with the right tire pressure, is pleasant. Perhaps a bit hard compared to Conti or Michellin Pilot Sport.

Thats my 2 cents view. Cheers!!

Good day, last week when i went to car wash, i saw a BMW car owner, and i saw that he is using continental tyre,
went and ask for question from him, seem like he quite agree with continental brand, any other bmw owner using that also?

so far so good as after i change to BM, never choose for others brand's Tyre . quite speedy for continental. appreciate much for it to bring me enjoy my driving.

Jackloh said:
so far so good as after i change to BM, never choose for others brand's Tyre . quite speedy for continental. appreciate much for it to bring me enjoy my driving.
Welcome to join BMW club, which model are you using?
Even thru BMW car are luxury, the car tyre must be using nice brand.

Good year for my SUV X5 E70, feel wuite comfortable , anyone same as me but have more nice suggestion?

Marthin said:
Good year for my SUV X5 E70, feel wuite comfortable , anyone same as me but have more nice suggestion?
The original come with manufacturer or you have changed?
Not much of my bmw club member use continental brand, dont know how is the brand tyre review....
Do your x5 club member use that tyre?

Jennmani said:
The original come with manufacturer or you have changed?
Not much of my bmw club member use continental brand, dont know how is the brand tyre review....
Do your x5 club member use that tyre?
i forget the original brand. this was recommend by my friend.
sry i'm not join any club member, just enjoy my own driving ...its a lot continel also...maybe it just no around you ...
my wife just honda, she like continel too.

never heard before, but if you interest in GY why no check out for the Contine or michelin try do some comparison. maybe lots of ppl thinking driving BMW must to get a expensive tyre, it is not truth man, just choose the one you feel comfortable.i'm using continental for my old old BM :67: and i'm not a fast driver.

Sangkar said:
never heard before, but if you interest in GY why no check out for the Contine or michelin try do some comparison. maybe lots of ppl thinking driving BMW must to get a expensive tyre, it is not truth man, just choose the one you feel comfortable.i'm using continental for my old old BM :67: and i'm not a fast driver.
my father x3 series , 225/45 r17 Y/W , the most popular 1 , i no often drive his car, but feel ok too .

Marthin said:
Actually it depends what you are looking for. Honestly if you want good grip, Goodyear will not be your first choice. Of course I'm comparing against the highest range model from Michelin, Continental.
I've used all sorts of tyres including Nexen. Basically any tyres will work but if you want quiet + performance (for example) then Michelin is your best bet. I've used Continental CSC-5P and now CSC-6, it has good grip but damn noisy.
Nexen N8000 is cheap and usable but the grip is crap so drive safe especially when it's wet.

If you're a slow driver, any tyres will do as long as it's friendly to your wallet :)

aoch88 said:
Actually it depends what you are looking for. Honestly if you want good grip, Goodyear will not be your first choice. Of course I'm comparing against the highest range model from Michelin, Continental.
I've used all sorts of tyres including Nexen. Basically any tyres will work but if you want quiet + performance (for example) then Michelin is your best bet. I've used Continental CSC-5P and now CSC-6, it has good grip but damn noisy.
Nexen N8000 is cheap and usable but the grip is crap so drive safe especially when it's wet.

If you're a slow driver, any tyres will do as long as it's friendly to your wallet :)
Agree with that, as long as if you are fast driver or enjoy the feeling of speed, therefore you need to do much more research on tyre, but once you drive BMW, for sure you will release the breast, run like a horse in the highway

Marthin said:
my father x3 series , 225/45 r17 Y/W , the most popular 1 , i no often drive his car, but feel ok too .
i tested sit on bmw x6 series, wow, the feeling really amazing, when speeding at highway, the car really nice feeling. the feeling still in my heart, but that is too expensive for me to get one...
Do any ppl use bmw to do drift? that must be hurt for the tyre cost.....

Actuati said:
Good day, last week when i went to car wash, i saw a BMW car owner, and i saw that he is using continental tyre,
went and ask for question from him, seem like he quite agree with continental brand, any other bmw owner using that also?
i can see most of the new car come together with contine brand of tyre, its trusted brand and recommend by most of the consumer that i believe, money buy safety, good tyre of course more customer buy

Rick1 said:
Its very interesting how expensive tyres are in Malaysia. I lived in the UK and used this website, as you can see tyres on this site are much cheaper.

http://www.blackcircles.com/
Actually in Malaysia, almost everything is expensive. Our cars, tyres, parts, tolls, etc :d

Yeah been using this continental brand.. its damn noisy , michelin sport and goodyear assymetric is my choice, its a balance tire , good grip, less noisy when u drive fast

kama said:
Yeah been using this continental brand.. its damn noisy , michelin sport and goodyear assymetric is my choice, its a balance tire , good grip, less noisy when u drive fast
My CSC6 is so noisy after 10K mileage. I thought they made improvements but still the same, lol.

Top Bottom