Go karting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Jules;758143 said:
Auto,

Btw, you may need a cooler plug here so get some before you come home. They are RM75-RM80 ( Nippondenso ) a pop here....few years ago. We also used to warm up on cheap Bosch car plugs at start of the day......those were the days :)

How can you distinguish it is a cooler plug? Is there any significant in doing so?

Auto,

Each OEM has a plug heat range chart - ranging from hot to cold. You need to select based on their chart. As i recall it, we used the IW31 on the Denso plugs......which is the hottest. This would mean the plug can work consistently at hot temperatures expected in a racing engines.....ie. karts. Lowest I went is 27....which may be required for cooler days.

So now you will see why we use car plugs to warm up.....cos our hotter racing plugs foul easily if the engine is slow or we are not revving it at max. We use normal car plugs for that...RM5 a pop.

With the above, you will realise that its indeed true that we can damage a kart if its driven too slowly........and that's why the Yamaha KT100 karts for rental is not a good idea. Too many slow driver, shorting out the plugs and then.....kart dies in middle of track, then u all COMPLAIN KART SLOW! but actually driver is slow! Seen it so so many times..... :)

sorry.....maybe i was not clear enough. Your plug has numbers on it......compare the number with the OEM chart and you will know what plug heat range it has!

autobotross;758808 said:
I'm not a sifu la, bro jules is. I'm a big time newbie.

Haha, I was referring to Jules. He's my sifu, really!:burnout:

excuse me guys, is the Birel 450cc really exists? been told by the track marshall it was 450cc but seems like they put snail to propel the engine :)

ezzo369;759295 said:
excuse me guys, is the Birel 450cc really exists? been told by the track marshall it was 450cc but seems like they put snail to propel the engine :)

Not that I know la. Even superkarts are 250cc. This is 450cc?? Never heard of it. Maybe custom made or tipu made. I don't know.

I've seen before two 125cc engine put together giving theoretically 250cc. They put 1 cylinder on the right and the other cylinder on the left. Both engines deliver a synchronous power to the same rear axle.

autobotross;759305 said:
Not that I know la. Even superkarts are 250cc. This is 450cc?? Never heard of it. Maybe custom made or tipu made. I don't know.

I've seen before two 125cc engine put together giving theoretically 250cc. They put 1 cylinder on the right and the other cylinder on the left. Both engines deliver a synchronous power to the same rear axle.

450cc - 125cc each rear tire and 100cc on each front tire. 4wd cart man ..... :rock:

Birel is a chassis maker.......they do not make engines as far as i know.

likely someone had transplated a 450cc 4 stroke motorcycle engine from say a CRF450 or KLX450. One off project....too much power and a tall engine wun make it easy to drive fast!

The largest kart engine which can be raced legally is a 2 cylinder 4 stroke SA250 Biland engine for the short track or a 2 cyclinder 250cc 2 stroke engine off a 6 speed Formula E superkart which was raced in the long car circuits....top speed is 150mph!

your 125 6 speed 2 stroke kart is already thrilling enough in a short track, this I can assure you.

Go kart racing is dangerous :
[video=youtube;MytfhzcSF-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y[/video]

Full with booby traps haha

ezzo369 said:
Go kart racing is dangerous : [video=youtube;MytfhzcSF-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y[/video] Full with booby traps haha
funny movie.. I laugh like hell

Top Bottom