Go karting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

autobotross

Club Guest
Assalamualaikum, any of you guys out there knows a sweet preferable long-straight track to drive with personal kart? How about Sepang go kart track? Shah Alam track is not bad either but long straight is an issue there.Been searching for active go kart forums in Malaysia but nothing pops out.I myself is an active hobby go kart driver. Been into this hobby since 2010 and bought a second hand 2005 CRG chassis with TM KV 95 engine 6 speed sequential transmission. Sweet old engine capable revving up to 17k RPM. Horse power is around 50PS and 100kg without driver. It is kinda brutal if you ask me. The G-force is breath taking.
photo2.jpg
photo5.jpg
photo4.jpg
960108e2.jpg
1dcdf385.jpg
92aa93c4.jpg
cf2720ef.jpg
08eced62.jpg
f533aa8c.jpg
photo3.png

Nice kart.

Been meaning to get into it as well. Might as well take all the pent up "rempit" feelings and bring it unto the track.

If you don't mind, how much for the 2nd hand machine and where did you get it from?

That is true azmany. You have to unleash the animal side of you from time to time on track of course.

I bought the kart around RM8k from a friend of mine in Germany. But you can buy used go kart from the owner of Shah Alam go kart track. If I recall it correctly, he also owns a go kart shop and sells spare parts.
The price range is between 10k-15k for 125cc engine if I'm not mistaken.

..hey bro, where did you get your cart?? Is it available in malaysia for purchase (brand new) ?? I would like to join your club, if there is any..

salam bro, nice kart. i love karting as well. during those students era, i always play at shah alam. its quite a technical circuit as one of the corner is like Sepang's turn 7 and 8, only it's counter clockwise. Melaka once has a gokart circuit with long straight just after the Ayer Keroh toll but i believe it's closed now. maybe you can try USJ's too

autobotross;756761 said:
But you can buy used go kart from the owner of Shah Alam go kart track. If I recall it correctly, he also owns a go kart shop and sells spare parts.
The price range is between 10k-15k for 125cc engine if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info bro autobotross. Will check it out.

Got a shipment of equipment from Germany shipping out soon so starting to get some funny ideas already.

A bit concerned on the running costs as have heard the tires can be whacky expensive in relation to car tires. And not to mention the other spares. But WTH when you can drive like a maniac nearly every weekend .... priceless.

speedrats;756911 said:
Where do u normally kart?

At the moment driving the kart on local track in Germany. Planning to ship the kart back to Malaysia by the end of this year.

Ecc0;756962 said:
..hey bro, where did you get your cart?? Is it available in malaysia for purchase (brand new) ?? I would like to join your club, if there is any..

Bought it in Germany from a friend of mine. The kart is still in tip top condition though.
You can also buy brand new kart in Malaysia. The shop is nearby stadium shah alam. (http://www.citykarting.com/contactus.htm)

About club, I'm not a member of any organisation yet. Maybe we could make one among us. I'm sure there are a lot of enthusiast out there.

ezzo369;756970 said:
salam bro, nice kart. i love karting as well. during those students era, i always play at shah alam. its quite a technical circuit as one of the corner is like Sepang's turn 7 and 8, only it's counter clockwise. Melaka once has a gokart circuit with long straight just after the Ayer Keroh toll but i believe it's closed now. maybe you can try USJ's too

Completely agree. Shah alam is not bad at all. I've been to USJ also but the track is too short in my humble opinion. I prefer a track with long straight to unleash all the horses. The fastest I've experienced is 160km/h according to local track speed sensor. Would love to know how fast can she goes.

azmany72;756984 said:
Thanks for the info bro autobotross. Will check it out.

Got a shipment of equipment from Germany shipping out soon so starting to get some funny ideas already.

A bit concerned on the running costs as have heard the tires can be whacky expensive in relation to car tires. And not to mention the other spares. But WTH when you can drive like a maniac nearly every weekend .... priceless.

Cool :top:

The wear and tear parts is not that expensive except the tires. Recently changed to Bridgestone super soft that costs me 140euro(around RM560).
Engine maintenance is crucial. Have to be aware of the manufacturer service interval. Mine is every 30 hours.

But its worth it. Got to love the adrenalin rush.

I've done my research and it seems like sepang track is a high speed track with a lot of high speed corners.
Can't wait to tapau others :top:

autobotross;757041 said:
BTW what equipment did you buy azmany? would love to know :)

My company specializes in recycling, composting and agricultural equipment. We represent a few german firms in Malaysia and also refurbish and rebuild equipment.

azmany72;757077 said:
My company specializes in recycling, composting and agricultural equipment. We represent a few german firms in Malaysia and also refurbish and rebuild equipment.

I see. I've heard about your company before. Is it located near the KLCC area? Nearby embassies?

autobotross;757189 said:
I see. I've heard about your company before. Is it located near the KLCC area? Nearby embassies?

No lah not in KLCC area. Small time ciku only.

Just so happens the founder is german hence the strong german european association.

Ok my mistake. Anyway, I wish you good luck hunting for go kart. Maybe after that we could lenjan the go kart together.

Karting is fun, I love it. We been to simple tracks with 4C karts and kena walloped badly by some who are very experienced. Karts are all about similar in speed but the driver's ability makes a world of a difference. Even in a slow kart.

Couldn't agree more. Before switching to shifter 125, used to drive 100cc kart and I remember one time at band camp, a kid overtook me. A kid with 80cc! That kid better be the next Vettel or something otherwise I have to make a facial surgery. LOL

..dumb question..how you changing gears on kart or its auto ??

Top Bottom