Gearbox Valve Body?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMWorld Desa Pandan - Tel 03 9285 9477 (Off), Fax 03 9283 3927. Alamat, No 7, Jalan 1/76 Desa Pandan. Workshop envirolment - bersih dan tenang. Hanga ada sikit up tapi boleh lah....

Dear Yumi,

If you don't mind, I can get you a free check for your car. You can come to my garage and let my advisor to consult you along the checking progress. We are located at No.47, Jalan Chan Sow Lin, 55200, Kuala Lumpur. If you need any assistance, you can call me at 012 - 508 1030. Right now, we are offering a FREE 46 check out points for our continental owners. Feel free to come over to our garage Yumi. Take care and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Mitchell Ong

Hi Mitchell.. thanks.. i saved your handphone no. once i got time i will go to your workshop.. really appreciate your help and support.. thanks a lot.. :)

Free e46 check

Hikaru81;534939 said:
Dear Yumi,

If you don't mind, I can get you a free check for your car. You can come to my garage and let my advisor to consult you along the checking progress. We are located at No.47, Jalan Chan Sow Lin, 55200, Kuala Lumpur. If you need any assistance, you can call me at 012 - 508 1030. Right now, we are offering a FREE 46 check out points for our continental owners. Feel free to come over to our garage Yumi. Take care and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Mitchell Ong

HI Mitchell

Don't mind to publish your company NAME on the thread, i'm interesting go for FREE check on my E46

Thank you

for the same service, mine cost RM1K after discount...i did mine at sunway's autobahn....yumie...hope you car is allright and you had seek another mechanic...urs sound fishy...

thanks guys.. my car is OK already.. just replace 1 solenoid valve, drain & refill the same atf, computer setting & labor charge cost me rm300. Done at Advance MTB Klang..

From The President's Announcement,

noname.jpg

The 11th Charity Jam Session would be held back at RP , Saujana Resort (formerly known as Hyatt Regency Saujana) again this year which would be held on the 3rd of July, 2010 (Saturday). The event will be spearheaded by Malaysian Association of Hotels, Chefs Association of Malaysia, Malaysian Food & Beverage Executives Association and Malaysian Association of Housekeepers with The Saujana Hotel being the venue/co-organiser with participation of BMW Club Malaysia.

Activities for the day would include, performance by 17 bands from around Malaysia, car (BMW :rock:) display outside RP, biker's display etc. This occasion will further be promoted by the media with coverage in major newspaper's and magazines.

Proceeds to : Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (UMMC, KL), a dedicated care unit for the critically ill children from newborn to fourteen years of age. All proceeds will be used to purchase life saving equipment and subsidize the cost to care for these children.

Prior to this, affiliation was done with other clubs such as Porsche Club Malaysia , Harley Davidson etc . This year and with your help , maybe years to come we are proud to be associated with this noble event.

Day/Date : Saturday 3rd July 2010
Time : 2.00pm – 1.00am
Venue : RP Entertainment Centre (Tel : 03-78461234)
Saujana Resort,
Off Jalan Lapangan Terbang Subang.
Bands Performing :
Fats & Vernon
Zack & Lyia
Ghost Riders
Extreme
Union
Bala
Joe "Elvis" Rozario
President's Men
Sensations
Shahrin Band
Chemistry
Carbolic Smokeballs
Trinity
SWV
Pieces of April
SmallStones
d'Stags

The event will be filled with fun, food, music and booths selling merchandises...

All food and beverages (including Carlsberg Draft/Skol Beer/Fruit Juices) are priced at RM10.00 and are sold via coupons available through the Organisers & official partner BMW Club Malaysia and also at The Saujana Kuala Lumpur. Priced at RM100.00 per book of 10 coupons. Additional single coupons of RM10 can be purchased during the event.

There will be lucky draws using the coupons during the event. Attractive prizes such as handphones etc will be given away. Fun Auctions will also be held throughout the day.

We are proud to be the official partner for this noble event. As such , lets make us proud by helping the needy children as MUCH as we can. Lets strive to be the record breaker for the donation. They might not be our children but they could have been. So, lets give and give generously. Don't stop at individual donations. If u know of corporations willing to donate, please do make the effort. Donations will be in the form of coupons booklet. Each booklet contains ten coupons of RM10 which makes it RM100 per booklet/donation. Donations be it small or big are very much welcomed.

The coupons are to be used to purchase food & drinks as well as enter lucky draws throughout the day , if u attend the charity jam. U can also choose to just purchase the coupons purely as donations.

The donations (coupon purchase ) can be used for income tax deductions. As such, to those needing the receipts, please advise us of your details and we will arrange with the main organizers for the official receipts. It was requested that donations of RM200 and above request for the receipts due to the organizers logistical reasons. However if u do need receipts for Rm100 coupon purchase , I will forward the requests.

So come..come all to have fun while donating to a noble cause.

yumie;537693 said:
thanks guys.. my car is OK already.. just replace 1 solenoid valve, drain & refill the same atf, computer setting & labor charge cost me rm300. Done at Advance MTB Klang..

Is that the place off Jalan Goh Hock Huat?

yes.. i think so,.. they have moved to Jalan Harmoni.. belakang carrefour..

yumie;538196 said:
yes.. i think so,.. they have moved to Jalan Harmoni.. belakang carrefour..

OIC, I didnt know that they moved. and also change their name. TQ:rock:

yumie, kat sini sekarang kau melepak ye....... best ke pakai e46? keh keh keh....

dah tak gi tt kat kinrara lagi ke?

bila nak meng ah beng kan e46 kau tu?..........takyah cari barang di ebay, kat kedai aksesori di kl dah melambak........

keh keh keh.. ada bro.. nanti tt aku pegi la kinrara.. ko bila nak trun KL..

last aku turun kl, masa 1st day world cup start. lepak dgn ahtap, muazir n rasher. aku lepak dgn rasher sampai 4am...... sedih sedih.....

ALBundy;534639 said:
Yumie,

Pussy is right.

I had my valve body cleaned as well. Basically once the oil sump is removed, and the valve body can be detached by removing some screws.

As for the valve body, it is made of two pieces of iron or aluminium block. Once the two pieces is opened up you could see the hydraulic flow lines with the springs. It actually controls the gear shift via hydraulic pressure. TO clean it, just soak it in petrol or diesel, then manually brush it. Then use compressor blower to blow off the dirt and leave it to dry.

I paid RM 300 if I remember correctly for mine. All less than a few hours job.

Cheers

Bro,

What is the purpose of doing this valve body soaking and cleaning? Is it done to ensure smoother shifts between gears?

i plan to change the valve plus labour plus gear box filter.the cost around RM1000+-
If u spend for Rm4K better send for Overhaul RM6000+-

Hi Guys,

Need your advice. I have a problem with my E46 328, I need to get the auto transmission valve body serviced and need to change the reverse gear solenoid. Can anyone suggest a trusted workshop where I can get it done? One mechanic I asked says not worth changing solenoid or servicing and to just get a reconditioned vavle body.

Thank you. Any idea what the solenoid costs nowadays? I've read the posts, way back in 2010 happened to be around 1000, what about now? Jarrance, Al Bundy and Pussy, Iread that you changed your solenoids in 2010. Is it worth doing it? Or getting a reconditioned valve body is better? I have read that the E46 328 has the GM gearbox, which is quite bullet proof. I dont intend to change to manual as I have do a bit of city driving and the car is my daily driver. I would really appreciate feedback on this.

Thanks Sifus

Top Bottom