G20 330i noises

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Wsn2022

Hi all, just took delivery of a 330i and was hoping if anyone has a similar experience. Am just at 200-300km so it’s fairly fresh.

1) steering wheel electronic noise - at slow speeds when I turn the steering wheel, there’s a “whirrrr” sort of noise, like some gears turning. It’s not a whine or squeak, but more like the sound electric folding mirrors make or an automatic rising boot lid that kind of sound. It’s mild enough that I *could* accept it as a normal noise from the electronic steering, but noticeable enough that I’m wondering if this is normal. Can’t recall if the test drive unit had these noises as I’ve only noticed it after a while.

2) brake noise - when on auto hold, sometimes during the hold or release there’s a loud “clunk” noise from the brakes. Again, something I could pass off as normal, but after driving my wife’s car the difference is vastly noticeable. Is this just down to the M Sport brakes making heck of a lot of noise or something that will wear off as the car breaks in?

Appreciate all members’ help and sharing :D Thank you in advance!

Hi all, just took delivery of a 330i and was hoping if anyone has a similar experience. Am just at 200-300km so it’s fairly fresh.

1) steering wheel electronic noise - at slow speeds when I turn the steering wheel, there’s a “whirrrr” sort of noise, like some gears turning. It’s not a whine or squeak, but more like the sound electric folding mirrors make or an automatic rising boot lid that kind of sound. It’s mild enough that I *could* accept it as a normal noise from the electronic steering, but noticeable enough that I’m wondering if this is normal. Can’t recall if the test drive unit had these noises as I’ve only noticed it after a while.

2) brake noise - when on auto hold, sometimes during the hold or release there’s a loud “clunk” noise from the brakes. Again, something I could pass off as normal, but after driving my wife’s car the difference is vastly noticeable. Is this just down to the M Sport brakes making heck of a lot of noise or something that will wear off as the car breaks in?

Managed to solve the issues bro?

Hi
I got a 330i in feb 2022 and am facing the same problem
Service Centre says they can’t do anything and I have to wait for parts from Germany
It’s been going on for a year
Can anyone advise on how to handle this

Managed to solve the issues bro?

Top Bottom