Fitting E60 OEM 166 Style 17' Wheels to E46 318ci

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW318CI

Dear All,

Currently i fitted the BMW OEM 166 style 17' wheels to my E46 318ci with center bore size of 72.5 mm. On paper and naked eye, the wheels should fit perfectly because E60 has the same center bore size. Ever since i have been fighting steering wheel and body vibrations on high speed at 110 km/h.

Wheels are round and tires are very new. I have done on wheel balancing to the front and it shifted the vibrations to 130 km/h. Now mechanic is asking me to on wheel balance the rear wheels as wheel to balance the output shafts too and he thought it will eliminate the issue. My suspicious:

1.) On paper, the center bore size looks the same buy i will still need a spigot ring (locally known as center cone) to promptly secure the wheels
2.) Rear wheel balance the driveshaft and output shaft should remove the issue
3.) Warped rotors that is slowly transmitting the vibrations to entire car, i have a 343mm disc rotor up front with E46 M3 brakes. This brake was the reason i upgraded to 17' OEM 166 style.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken, does your issue solve? i had facing same issue now....does put in spigot ring able to solve the problem?

Top Bottom