F30 - "knocking" sound from steering/absorber

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
seancorr said:
Can't say I have the knocking sound but if you all mean that slight/soft knocking sound from the front suspension when going over speed bumps I always thought it was normal haha coz even my 2 previous cars from different manufacturers got the same sound and the manufacturers mention its the way the shocks are designed.

As for vibration sounds in the steering column I got mine settled after a long and tedious time (almost a month) @ the service centre. They had to find the culprit and finally they found the bugger that is causing it and replace something in the steering column. All's good so far after 8 months.
Seancorr,

may I know which service centre you went to and which service advisort attend to your problem. maybe I go there and they will know immediately why my 2 month old f30 have vibration noise at the steering column ?

I bought mine from Quill so I went back to them to have it fixed. As for the SA...he's no longer there.

I have been suffering from the same issue since 2012 and till now still no solution. Already claimed 2 steering rack version and problem still persists. Service centre claims this is normal for advance BMW steering technology woh. Don't know what crap they talking about. I have never driven a car with this kind of crap in my entire life. Even proton and myvi is better over bumps and humps honestly. Crap crap crap.

Hi. My wife's 2014 F30 316i suffers too from this intermittent "kluck, kluck, kluck" sound, which appears to be coming from the front driver's side absorber or steering rack. The thing is that this only occurs occasionally, possibly when engine is hot because after I stop the engine for a few hours or overnight, the sound disappears.
Auto Ingress Damansara still cannot solve.
Does anyone have any advice on this matter?
Thanks

Not sure if this thread is relevant to F30 because TLDR.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795016&page=11

There seems to be a mention of an advisory software/coding update which fixes the occasional klunking/knocking noise when going over bad roads. Apparently, this update is an advisory update. Meaning, it is not a patch they apply to all cars that go in...and I wonder why.
What are your thoughts on this and is this solution used in our local BMW SC? Applicable only to cars equipped with adaptive drive modes (eco/comfort/sport). Has anyone gone down this route? Is it even real?

Top Bottom