F30 brakes locked

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Impellitteri88

1. Hey there, greetings to all, lately i’ve been having some problems with my 2013 f30 320i. When the car stops on a slope the brakes seemed to be locked when on acceleration causing none or little movement even when the acceleration is pressed on full leaving the car stuck.

When i am finally able to move after a few tries, it felt like the brakes were locked with the brake pedal hard and after some movement i could smell a burnt smell and can even see light smoke coming out from the front brakes after forcing the car for some distance.

Any idea what could the problem? Could it be the caliper seized or is it something to do with the abs pump? I have checked the abs and wheel sensors and they seemed fine. Any recommendations where i could get it checked and fixed by someone reliable at a reasonable price around pj/ttdi area please.

This problem is quite frustrating as i have a child on board most of the time and do not want to end up fixing the wrong things and the problem still occur. Kindly advice please . Thx heaps

Do you have the autohold function? If u do, it might be the brake actuator that's malfunctioning.

You might want to check out Bluegreen at Jalan 222.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I am not sure if the car has autohold function, it should have but it doesn't have a manual switch to it and also it doesn't have an electronic parking brake ssytem. The front brakes are getting locked though

If thats the case, yes high possibility of a jammed brake.

Hopefully you are sorted out soon bro.

1. Hey there, greetings to all, lately i’ve been having some problems with my 2013 f30 320i. When the car stops on a slope the brakes seemed to be locked when on acceleration causing none or little movement even when the acceleration is pressed on full leaving the car stuck.

When i am finally able to move after a few tries, it felt like the brakes were locked with the brake pedal hard and after some movement i could smell a burnt smell and can even see light smoke coming out from the front brakes after forcing the car for some distance.

Any idea what could the problem? Could it be the caliper seized or is it something to do with the abs pump? I have checked the abs and wheel sensors and they seemed fine. Any recommendations where i could get it checked and fixed by someone reliable at a reasonable price around pj/ttdi area please.

This problem is quite frustrating as i have a child on board most of the time and do not want to end up fixing the wrong things and the problem still occur. Kindly advice please . Thx heaps
I have similar issue and still has no idea how to sort it out. If you already sorted out, please share the root cause with thanks. I'm not sure it is ralated to Hill Start Assist system malfunction or not.

Last edited:
i've this issue before, go for brake calliper service and it goes away, i've sent it to Naidu's Workshop [personal panel] works on BMW cars... hope to help you guys... cheers

Change the abs pump. Can get reconditioned ones. No more issues after. I changed calipers and serviced the brakes and problems were still there. In the end brought it to m zone kota damansara and immediately they knew what the problem was. Got it done in couple of hours and no more issues after. Was told its a common problem

Top Bottom