F30 80k Service

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
Guys, need your guidance, my 2014 car is out of warranty and I intend to send my car for the next service at 80km. May I know what are the list of items that need to change/service during this interval? Also, please recommend a cheap and reliable workshop? Thanks in advance

Guys, need your guidance, my 2014 car is out of warranty and I intend to send my car for the next service at 80km. May I know what are the list of items that need to change/service during this interval? Also, please recommend a cheap and reliable workshop? Thanks in advance

hi bro, im in your shoes right now , bought second hand , warranty ended , now wanting to know what to service on 80k ?

what did you service for your vehicle .

hi bro, im in your shoes right now , bought second hand , warranty ended , now wanting to know what to service on 80k ?

what did you service for your vehicle .
at 80k mileage, assuming its genuine. things to service (since your the new owner)
1. change engine oil
2. change transmission + differential oil
3. flush & change fresh brake fluid
4. flush & change fresh coolant
5. check for oil leaks - top, side, bottom of engine
6. check all bushings & joints - look for wear & tear
7. change fuel filter
8. check suspension

if you have the budget, the list is endless..... depends on how OCD u are. but items 1- 4 are to be addressed. best if u get the shop to hoist the car up, so u can inspect the undercarriage.

The ATF oil must changed on 80km? I heard some say don't change because BMW said it is life time usage.

The ATF oil must changed on 80km? I heard some say don't change because BMW said it is life time usage.
Its an aggressive discussion when it comes to this ATF change issue. Yes its true BMW says the ATF is lifetime, but the transmission manufacturer themselves (ZF) recommends to change the ATF oil at an interval, to prolong the life of the transmission.

Here's the catch, BMW gives u a warranty of 5 years. that 5 years, to BMW, is considered the 'lifetime' of ur car (assuming u buy brand new), and then they expect u to upgrade/change to a newer car. does that make sense?

We have had multiple owners, who has no issues with the transmission, even without changing the AFT. but those who changes the ATF at intervals, enjoy their rides to hundred of thousands of miles.

For me personally, its part of my preventive maintenance on my car. Just need to find the right mech who knows the proper procedure.

Top Bottom