F30 320D Diesel - Diesel Refueling Nozzle problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alantiong

Club Guest
Hi Guys,

The Oil Company has taken my complaints about some stations the nozzle cant fit our cars. they are taking this seriously and asked for feedback. They need to know and identify which station is having this problem.

if you guys can help to create a database, then they can address the issue. Thanks in advance.. by the way.. Petronas is releasing new 95adf in the next few weeks.. so if you still have petrol cars.. worth a try. same fornulation with hamilton and rosberg's car.

Please identify :
Brand : eq Petronas/Shell/Petron/bhp/caltex?
Location : normally there is a name for the station e.q Petronas Taman Desa/ Shell Kesas Westbound.. etc
Pump Number : you can see that number at the dispenser column
Date : when you encounter this problem.

thanks guy.

Hi Alan, may I ask which oil company did you speak to? I think most stations are aware of the problem. I know Caltex stations have been changing all the diesel nozzles to cater for cars. The bigger ones are for lorries but they can also use the small nozzle as well. If the nozzle does not fit, always ask the attended. Most likely, there would be a pump island in the station that has a smaller nozzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't recall exactly which location, but from what I can recall for the past 1yr, Petron has the most diesel pump nozzles that can't fit my 320d. I totally give up Petron nowadays.

Petron Bandar Utama and Petron at the Dengkil R&R rest stop. All of the diesel nozzles are too large to fit into the car.

That is all I can remember. I know Caltex had that issue but now they have resolved it. Never faced any issue with Petronas, BHP or Shell.

Mavik said:
Petron Bandar Utama and Petron at the Dengkil R&R rest stop. All of the diesel nozzles are too large to fit into the car.

That is all I can remember. I know Caltex had that issue but now they have resolved it. Never faced any issue with Petronas, BHP or Shell.
actually there are too small. when it does not go in we think its too big but actually its too small. it does not push the flap stopper therefore cant go in.

keep them coming guys

1. Petron Jalan Universiti, PJ
2. Petron Bt. 6 Jalan Cheras
3. Petron MRR2 Bkt Antarabangsa

Caltex - Shah Alam Section 3. From what I understand the bigger nozzle is needed for the car as it needs to push a latch inside. The smaller ones are for trucks that do not have a safety valve that opens up when the nozzle if slotted in.

Do a converter at 24mm diameter. Then no need to worry on unfit nozzle.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

PETONAS NKVE betwen subang and damansara exits. Of the 4 islands with Diesel, so far from what I can tell only half of them fit, half don't fit easily (but managed to juggle them in barely)

molasses917 said:
PETONAS NKVE betwen subang and damansara exits. Of the 4 islands with Diesel, so far from what I can tell only half of them fit, half don't fit easily (but managed to juggle them in barely)
There is a way to make it fit, you need to rotate it at an angle and it will fit in nicely. I use that station very very often as I travel on the NKVE daily. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mavik said:
There is a way to make it fit, you need to rotate it at an angle and it will fit in nicely. I use that station very very often as I travel on the NKVE daily. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yeah i figured that out :) only partially slides in, which kinda scares me a bit that ill end up with diesel on my shoes if i'm not careful

Caltex Setia Alam - only have the small nozzles
2 Persiaran Setia Impian, Setia Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor

Petron Jalan Meru, near Giant Hypermart. Only the small and big nozzles

Kinda strange. Today, I can't fit the nozzle for my 520d at both BP and Petron. Used to have no problem with BP and on 1 occasion able to refuel at Petron. This happened at SS14 Subang Jaya.
Will try at another station tomorrow.
Suspected it could be a nozzle thing - but after the first week of having the car 1 year ago, did not have similar problem till today.
Thanks guys!

Top Bottom