F10 Parts & Service Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gendong

Club Committee
Guys,

Since the earlier F10s are coming out from BSRI n warranty, lets share the parts and service cost(s) related to the maintenance and upkeep of the ride.

Aircond was not blowing cool air. Initially thought the culprit was the cooling coil. Upon further checks, found the condenser has practically disintegrated. Since the car was a UK import, mech concluded the damage was caused by winter/snow salt.

The Condenser, leaking like an overused diaper....

See through.....damage from UK's winter salt

New Behr Condenser

Damage:
Condenser RM 1640
Labor RM 180

Late last year, changed my front brake pads to OEM Textar for my 535i. Mech checked and mentioned my brake callipers are a bit different than normal (checked thru VIN)

Textar brake pads - front RM360
brake pad sensor - RM45
Varta AGM battery 12V 90 Ah - RM1300

Personnally i don't agree with the mechanic mentioned corrossion caused by snow and salt during winter. In the UK there hardly snow fall plus these days sand is mostly used when there is a snow fall in the Scottish highlands.

FASTCAT said:
Personnally i don't agree with the mechanic mentioned corrossion caused by snow and salt during winter. In the UK there hardly snow fall plus these days sand is mostly used when there is a snow fall in the Scottish highlands.
I don't think it's the snow but rather the car being parked near the port, beside the sea for a period of time. Sea wind tends to cause corrosion and that's why offshore buildings need special paint to prevent it. As the car is not designed to handle sea wind corrosion and especially being left there for a while, some of the metal parts tends to corrode over time. It's very apparent that UK AP cars have this issue compared to Japan's. I remember my U.K. Spec E60 and upon jacking up and inside the engine bay, you can see plenty of corrosion.

Nevertheless, radiators and stuffs will eventually fail so if you intend to drive the car long enough, no harm getting it replaced. My 2 cents :)

Update on condenser issue.

Did some reading and found that the issue was widely reported in 2014 in the UK. At that point, stones were blamed as the main cause, due to it the location of the condenser unit making it 'unprotected'. Scores of f10/11 were affected, resulting in a shortage of condensers across UK, with waiting time creeping to months.

In 2016, Reports of failed condensers on 5 Series was admitted as failure of poor quality soldering of the condensers themselves, not stone damage. Subsequently in UK, BMW TSB notice was issued to replace.

OM Fastcat is correct. Bro aoch88, true, over time it still needs to be changed. Guess mine was not replaced earlier.

Reference: mr google, bimmerpost, forum.bmw5.co.uk, http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/bmw/5-series-f10-2010/?section=good

mine coming up soon, post BSRI (100k km, > 3 years):
1. Engine mounting (about RM1400-RM1500) parts and labour. recommended to use ori instead of OEM
2. Battery (preventive measure)
3. Pulley (Diesel engine pulley tends to fail earlier, ngam2 after BSRI. grrrr). Need to budget about RM1500 for pulley and belts
4. Gearbox oil and filter (about RM1000 for both)

Recent spend:

Ignition coil MYR 200x4 a MYR800
Plugs MYR 280 1 set of 4
Above was purchased from Bavarian auto.

Labour at mechanic Jack Ling Long tyre
No.23, Jalan PJS 11/7,, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, 46150

MYR 260 - inclusive of tyre balancing

The irony of all these is, I had to change my coils simply due to lack of car use [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys just join the forum:)

any members here know the price of disc breaks (front and rear) and pads (front n rear)?

ori and oem? just got told by my mechanic need to replace them. Want to know whats the normal price to pay?

Ppboy said:
Hi guys just join the forum:)

any members here know the price of disc breaks (front and rear) and pads (front n rear)?

ori and oem? just got told by my mechanic need to replace them. Want to know whats the normal price to pay?
I've sent you a PM :)

Aoch88....dey why send pm pm? I also want to know the price coz mine is due soon. List it here la can share with fellow owners

beemerback said:
Aoch88....dey why send pm pm? I also want to know the price coz mine is due soon. List it here la can share with fellow owners
I don't know the price either but I changed my car to Brembo 6 pot so was trying to ask if he wants to consider my discs because they are still very new :)

Info for all. Original front brake pads RM585 sensor RM40. Rear RM520 sensor also RM40. Prices are over the counter at Bavarian Auto. Off course labour to replace it are not included.

Updating info:

1. Changed Ori engine pulley and vibration damper RM1,679.90 + RM492.32
2. Changed Ori engine mounting left/right RM517.42/each
3. Changed Ori belting RM188.81
4. Changed Gearbox oil pan and filter RM1,012.89
All purchased from AB Tun Razak.

Labour, reset gearbox and gearbox oil (BMW) RM500

Mileage 110k km.
Next up front axle arms and bushings, around 4-5 months from now.

affan66 said:
Updating info:

1. Changed Ori engine pulley and vibration damper RM1,679.90 + RM492.32
2. Changed Ori engine mounting left/right RM517.42/each
3. Changed Ori belting RM188.81
4. Changed Gearbox oil pan and filter RM1,012.89
All purchased from AB Tun Razak.

Labour, reset gearbox and gearbox oil (BMW) RM500

Mileage 110k km.
Next up front axle arms and bushings, around 4-5 months from now.
Thanks for sharing this bro affan. Just to confirm, Auto Bavaria now does gearbox oil change? Last I checked they didnt do it, and wouldn't do it even if I am willing to bear the costs.

no. All done outside.
If you want them to do, possible but not covered under warranty, as it is supposed to be "lifetime."

Normal oil change
Engine oil 6.5lit RM340
Oil filter RM35
Balancing - all 4 tyres RM50

Oil and filter change at Ingress recently costs me RM484.55 including GST. Looks like it is well worth it to return to the dealer to do this

Top Bottom