F10 hunting, recommended spec?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Which model is more recommended?

• Total voters
Hi F10 owners, early this year, out of nowhere & out of no reason, a wild thought just pop up in my mind, "get a BMW, YOLO" XD... At first my shortlisted models are E90, E60, F30 & F10. After viewing those cars in person, I've concluded that F10 would be "the one"...

Question, there're many specs available for F10, which spec is more recommended? And why? Should stick to local only or recon also recommended? My budget is within 150k.

Here are my thoughts, correct me if I were wrong:

523i local (2.5L non-turbo L6):
sweet 6 cylinder sound, may be less problematic as non-turbocharged, price is low;
but no pedal shifter, probably has higher fuel consumption, torque output doesn't looks convincing, very old model.

520d local:
very high torque output, heard that it's the least problematic model, fuel saving;
but no pedal shifter, petrol station with Euro 5 diesel is too far away from my place.

520i local:
higher torque output than 523i, LCI version is still within my budget and having goodies that i need;
I'm skeptic on the turbo.

528i local:
good performance, non-LCI version already having most goodies that i need;
I'm skeptic on the turbo, previous owner may had "fully enjoyed" it.

Currently I'm driving a Peugeot 408 1.6 Turbo, I'm somehow more leaning towards a non-turbocharged F10, which is 523i; but at the same time, LCI 520i looks very appealing to me, just the turbo...

Suggestions/recommendations/corrections or offers are welcomed, thanks.

Hi Willie,
Would like to check with you if there's any decision yet from your so many choices? I at the same position as you now. Not sure which is the best to get. :)

Anyone would like to sell their F10 528i, maybe year 2015 or 2016? Please wasap me at 0193369769. Am looking for one with good maintenance record and reasonable mileage. Auto Bavaria warranty will be an advantage.

Come.... make me an offer i can't refuse for my 2014 520d LCI with :
1. M5 Steering complete with paddle shifters. Old M Sport steering will be given with purchase.
2. Android head unit. Old i-Drive screen to be given with purchase.
3. H&R Spring. Original springs will be given as well.
4. 19 inch 351M rims.
5. Pedal box available.
6. Paint coated by Ceramic Pro ceramic coating.
7. Front & Rear camera has been added to avoid accidental bumps.
8. M5 Spoiler included.
9. BMW Advance Eye DVR recorder.
10. Everything else original as it can be.

As standard on LCI models, the adaptive LED headlights, Digital Speedometer etc.

An offer i can't refuse!! hahahaha!
Hi bro, do you still have your old idrive screen for sale? Thanks
Come.... make me an offer i can't refuse for my 2014 520d LCI with :
1. M5 Steering complete with paddle shifters. Old M Sport steering will be given with purchase.
2. Android head unit. Old i-Drive screen to be given with purchase.
3. H&R Spring. Original springs will be given as well.
4. 19 inch 351M rims.
5. Pedal box available.
6. Paint coated by Ceramic Pro ceramic coating.
7. Front & Rear camera has been added to avoid accidental bumps.
8. M5 Spoiler included.
9. BMW Advance Eye DVR recorder.
10. Everything else original as it can be.

As standard on LCI models, the adaptive LED headlights, Digital Speedometer etc.

An offer i can't refuse!! hahahaha!
hi bro, are you keen to sell your I-drive screen? Thanks

Hi bro, do you still have your old idrive screen for sale? Thanks

hi bro, are you keen to sell your I-drive screen? Thanks
Hi Jeff, sorry for the late reply as i have not been checking this forum lately. Yes it's still available if you are interested. PM me your best offer.

Hi Willie,
Would like to check with you if there's any decision yet from your so many choices? I at the same position as you now. Not sure which is the best to get. :)

Hi bro, I've not yet decided until now, as something unforeseen happen around April and got my cash flow temporary stuck.

But like what bro gendong recommend, mostly i'll be eyeing on 6 cylinder or diesel.

Btw, last Saturday a friend of my friend offered me his 2012 730Li, full service record & genuine low mileage, plus he just changed the airmatic pump, I was considering his car also.

Hi bro, I've not yet decided until now, as something unforeseen happen around April and got my cash flow temporary stuck.

But like what bro gendong recommend, mostly i'll be eyeing on 6 cylinder or diesel.

Btw, last Saturday a friend of my friend offered me his 2012 730Li, full service record & genuine low mileage, plus he just changed the airmatic pump, I was considering his car also.

Wow! 7 series is even larger. Good luck with your purchase.

Hi guys , new to this club ! 520i or 528i ? both are 2012 made, what should I look out for a used unit
Tq

520i with 140xxx mileage and 528i with 160xxx ! Which want is a better drive and fun ? Tqsm
2012 should be on the 4cyl engines. same displacement, but the 528i churns out more horses (190ish vs 250ish). Ask urself what do u want? power? go for 528i. if just a cruiser, the 520i wld do just fine. but my 2 sen, 528i is the better bet, as roadtax is the same.

no matter what mileage the units are, ask for its service records. easier for u to decide what needs to be done when it comes to preventive maintenance. Anyway its already a 9 year old car. expect to perform major maintenance to the car. check for leaks (oil, coolants, fluids etc). visual inspections at a trusted mechanic is suggested.

all the best!

Top Bottom