E60 parts & maintenance

Discussion in 'E60, E61' started by anxious, Aug 19, 2010.

1. 321aisyalam

321aisyalam Club Guest

My turn to go to Sunway WRC for refurbish my headlight. Same price with Twll - 1.9 for the polishing in and out, wiring change, LED light ring. Initially quoted me 2.1k. I told him our forummer price is 1.9k. The guy if kind enuf to offer me rm50 for fog light polishing. But no film can be applied as the bulb is too close to the film, which will cause melting.

As for now, need to live with the iDrive error on turn light and fog light error due to the loan unit missmatch. Cannot wait to get back my headlight on Friday.

2. DolCeAddicT

DolCeAddicT Club Guest

Hi, anyone can recommend an experience and reliable bmw workshop in Kajang area? Tqvm

Davity likes this.
  3. Davity

Davity New Member

Currently looking to polish my headlights blurry i heard cleaming in and out better than polishing?

4. Davity

Davity New Member

Currently looking to polish my headlights blurry i heard cleaning in and out better than polishing?

5. aoch88

aoch88 Club Guest

The dirt on inside is normally the cause of problem hence it's better to clean it than polishing.

6. RedShirt

RedShirt New Member

I don't know about Kajang but if you are willing to go elsewhere, this is my regular BMW workshop in Petaling Jaya. (Waze and Google Map direction in the contact page)
    Look for William, he is the owner.

7. tkm

tkm Club Guest

Hi all,

Anybody can diagnose on what happen to our Spare Tank water reservoir keep on reduced at drastic pace? Need top up water every 3 days before it run almost dry up. Brought to my mechanic check pressure test he said nothing leak but replace the spare tank cap. After replaced still run dry fast. Thanks for your input on what to change.

8. Eiffel

Eiffel Member

Hi bro, send to reliable shop for leakage test~~ radiator...

9. SEGARAN SICKEN

SEGARAN SICKEN New Member

Hi... need advice on my E60 LCI CKD 2017. OIL LEAKING

10. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

Too brief bro. Leaking where? on the floor? on top? side of engine? on the belt?

Or u can send to ur nearest friendly mech. o_O

11. 1597

1597 Club Guest

Guys, good day.
    Wandering is walnut blasting can be done to our E60. ? If yes, where can it be done, in KL area or pj ..? Thx guys for feedback.

12. gendong

gendong Moderator
    Club Committee

there are only a handful of places that does walnut blasting in KL. so far, most of them cater for Pugs. These walnut blasters would require an adaptor for the machine that fits BMW engines. FB have some info on them, but cant remember tho. there is also a guy who does it in Kaya Ara in PJ.

i cleaned my ports the old skool way when i replaced my intake gasket. intense labour on every port till its clean.