E60 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My turn to go to Sunway WRC for refurbish my headlight. Same price with Twll - 1.9 for the polishing in and out, wiring change, LED light ring. Initially quoted me 2.1k. I told him our forummer price is 1.9k. The guy if kind enuf to offer me rm50 for fog light polishing. But no film can be applied as the bulb is too close to the film, which will cause melting.

As for now, need to live with the iDrive error on turn light and fog light error due to the loan unit missmatch. Cannot wait to get back my headlight on Friday.

Currently looking to polish my headlights blurry i heard cleaming in and out better than polishing?

Currently looking to polish my headlights blurry i heard cleaning in and out better than polishing?

Davity said:
Currently looking to polish my headlights blurry i heard cleaning in and out better than polishing?
The dirt on inside is normally the cause of problem hence it's better to clean it than polishing.

DolCeAddicT said:
Hi, anyone can recommend an experience and reliable bmw workshop in Kajang area? Tqvm
I don't know about Kajang but if you are willing to go elsewhere, this is my regular BMW workshop in Petaling Jaya. (Waze and Google Map direction in the contact page)
Look for William, he is the owner.

Hi all,

Anybody can diagnose on what happen to our Spare Tank water reservoir keep on reduced at drastic pace? Need top up water every 3 days before it run almost dry up. Brought to my mechanic check pressure test he said nothing leak but replace the spare tank cap. After replaced still run dry fast. Thanks for your input on what to change.

Hi bro, send to reliable shop for leakage test~~ radiator...

Hi all,

Anybody can diagnose on what happen to our Spare Tank water reservoir keep on reduced at drastic pace? Need top up water every 3 days before it run almost dry up. Brought to my mechanic check pressure test he said nothing leak but replace the spare tank cap. After replaced still run dry fast. Thanks for your input on what to chan

Guys, good day.
Wandering is walnut blasting can be done to our E60. ? If yes, where can it be done, in KL area or pj ..? Thx guys for feedback.

there are only a handful of places that does walnut blasting in KL. so far, most of them cater for Pugs. These walnut blasters would require an adaptor for the machine that fits BMW engines. FB have some info on them, but cant remember tho. there is also a guy who does it in Kaya Ara in PJ.

i cleaned my ports the old skool way when i replaced my intake gasket. intense labour on every port till its clean.

Hi guys, newbie here. im asking on behalf of my uncle. He wants to change his E60 cabin filter as well as gas topup. Any idea on how much for the service and the filter cost he should be looking into? and your recommendation for the workshop? preferably in klang valley area?

Thanks in advance.

hi! folks, driving a pre-owned 2008 e60 530i. please advise & share how much would it cost to replace the engine mountings. thank you.

Hi! Just want to ask , I have an e60 545i and its having trouble with the ECU. Does anyone know where it can be fixed or will it be cheaper to get one off ebay or something? Thanks in advance

Hi can someone advise how to rectify these two recurring problems I have with my car:
1) the active steering fault light is constantly on. Do I need to change the steering column or just the sensor even though there's no problem in steering the car.
2) after driving for an hour or so the aircon would stop blowing cool air despite increasing the blower speed and lowering the temperature. There would be a loud murmuring noise from the front console but the air coming out is still warm.

Can you suggest a workshop that could fix these.
Thanks

Hi can someone advise how to rectify these two recurring problems I have with my car:
1) the active steering fault light is constantly on. Do I need to change the steering column or just the sensor even though there's no problem in steering the car.
2) after driving for an hour or so the aircon would stop blowing cool air despite increasing the blower speed and lowering the temperature. There would be a loud murmuring noise from the front console but the air coming out is still warm.

Can you suggest a workshop that could fix these.
Thanks
On the active steering fault, u need to diagnose it properly. At times, it is just a calibration issue. excessive free play would result in change of the whole unit.

On the aircond clowing warm air, could be your a/c condenser is blocked. What year is ur car bro? ever changed any a/c parts before?

On workshop, depends on ur location. Where u at? would u be looking at convenience i.e. nearer to home/office? or u'd drive a distance to get it solved?

Top Bottom