Drivetrain error message

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aerotourer

Club Guest
Hi,
My 528i 2013 LCI have drivetrain error message today. The engine is jerking when stationary. This error message appreared after using sport mode. Do you encounter this problem? My friend told me it could be plug issue since I seldom drive the car.

I am sending my car to service center on Monday.

Thank you.

I had the same error message previously, the cause was due to loose turbo hose. Resolved by using cable tie to keep it in place. Hope you manage to solve yours without much damage

This is a very vague error message on idrive and could mean a million things. I would suggest you to visit the workshop or service center and get it diagnosed.

It's the 2nd time I got this Drivetrain Error message. It only happens whenever I'm using Sport Mode and hit 180km/h. When on Comfort mode, no such error. My mechanic can't tell the problem as it doesn't happens all the time and the error message disappear once you restart the car. Anyone with same issue and how you resolve this?

Maybe it's the car telling you that you are putting your life and that of others in danger by driving so far over the speed limit??

If the mechanic is not able to replicate the issue, ask him to review the error log. Error log would have show when it happen, and what was involved. For this, the mechanic has to use a much more competent software/diagnostic tool, and not the simple scanner.

Hi,
Recently just sent my car for service, because seldom use. The drivertrain error was caused by crossfire. Therefore, the plug and ignition were replaced by Ingress. After this, the engine is fine when change to Sport Mode to a speed of 180km/h and above.

I am having a F10 520D for 5 years . Clocking 250,000 km now . I have drive train problem since last few weeks , mechanic told me fuel pump problem . Well , after I change it, the problem still exist . Sometime the car shaking when morning first start. Sometime in noon, engine die of due to drive train too. Had it checked last week, but problem still keep coming back. Any expert out there has comments

Hi Bro's

My F10 2017 520i had this issue couple a weeks ago, when I was driving on Plus highway speed around 160km/h "High Engine Temperature .. drive moderate speed". The Oil Temp shows normal (middle) , off the engine and checked the engine.. nothing wrong, no leakage or smoke. Start the engine no more error msg, drive as as normal around 120-130 km/h .. for 15-20 minutes, nothing wrong everything normal... the oil temp stay at half mark. then I pushed the car to 160-170km/h ... after 15-20 minutes noticed the oil temp drop slowly from middle to 1 bar.. then it's goes back to middle (normal) then the same error msg comes back. I continue drive with reduced speed to 80-90 km/h after 10 minutes it's came back this time in RED request to STOP the CAR. I stopped the car and off the engine and checked the engine boot.... nothing abnormal... on the engine... the error msg gone. so drive again... and noticed it's when drive high speed above 140km/h this problem happens... so send to Wearnes ... they checked the log found the all the error msg... did bleeding test... couldn't find any leakage... told me they will upgrade the firmware... next day my wife collected the car... (I have to go overseas), back after 1 week and my wife told me the car was fine. on the weekend drive to KL... and at the 150-180 km/h speed the same problem re appear... back from KL send back to BMW... this time they checked and told me the water pump had very tiny leakage.. they found this after did a high pressure test... ordered the parts and request me to come back next week to replace as they close for CNY... hope it resolve the issue

If the mechanic is not able to replicate the issue, ask him to review the error log. Error log would have show when it happen, and what was involved. For this, the mechanic has to use a much more competent software/diagnostic tool, and not the simple scanner.

X5 Hybrid also having this issue. Their problem was the fuel pump. Got towed the second time; first was the car was 1 year old and the second the third year; in fact just 1 week ago.

Top Bottom