Changing rims & effect on meters Calculator

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kingrat

Club Guest
Check this website out, it has some good write up on the effects of changing tyre sizes and rim sizes.Car BibleNow, can anyone confirm to me what is the Stock Standard Tyre/Rim size for a 96 e36 318i? I am currently using 225/40/18 tyres on my ride, and if compared to a 15 inch rim, that will throw all my speed meters and distance calculations by almost 8%.

This website is very informative, it shall be pinned. The site also covers Suspension, Brakes and Engine Oils

i am very new in these forums... I need help on my suspension.. I just bought a 318ci and feel that the rims need to be change to 18... I would like to change the suspension to Eibach... but i am curious on whether to use the same eibach for all e46 or do they have a different set for e46 ci? anybody can help?

Blue Coupe;241204 said:
i am very new in these forums... I need help on my suspension.. I just bought a 318ci and feel that the rims need to be change to 18... I would like to change the suspension to Eibach... but i am curious on whether to use the same eibach for all e46 or do they have a different set for e46 ci? anybody can help?

you dealer should be able to tell you that! also, google Eibach for their website, i'm sure you will find proper information there too.

I'm using the 2007-523 series and wud like to get some advice on the rim. I wud like to replace the ori 16" to 18" size. Do you think the Japanese or Taiwanese (no offend) brand will do considering that it is cheaper than the BMW ori. Despite that, I am willing to go for a second hand ori BMw's. Appreciate your help.

Dahari Bin Arifin;416260 said:
I'm using the 2007-523 series and wud like to get some advice on the rim. I wud like to replace the ori 16" to 18" size. Do you think the Japanese or Taiwanese (no offend) brand will do considering that it is cheaper than the BMW ori. Despite that, I am willing to go for a second hand ori BMw's. Appreciate your help.

If you prefer Japanese then go for Volk but i doubt that we are able to get those rims here. Perhaps Singapore is possible. Total for 18" with tires might cost you 15k. But why go for Japanese or Taiwanese?
You can go for after market brands such as Breyton, Hamann or AC Snitzer.
5 series fits better with 19" or 20" with lowered suspension. I just installed Breyton Race GT19" on my E90 325i.

Happy Shopping

I just got myself a E60 530 2004.My problem is,it comes with 19" hamman rims and God knows what the offset is.it comes with 275/35/19 tyres.The problem is it touches the wheel arch with the slightest bump on the road.How can I solve this problem please.I really want to keep the rims and I don't want to use 30 series tyres coz they seem to not look so great on the e60.Could it be that the absorbers are screwed or the springs?Please advice me coz I need to replace the tyres very soon.thank you

Guna;436106 said:
I just got myself a E60 530 2004.My problem is,it comes with 19" hamman rims and God knows what the offset is.it comes with 275/35/19 tyres.The problem is it touches the wheel arch with the slightest bump on the road.How can I solve this problem please.I really want to keep the rims and I don't want to use 30 series tyres coz they seem to not look so great on the e60.Could it be that the absorbers are screwed or the springs?Please advice me coz I need to replace the tyres very soon.thank you

Hi buddy. Frm the looks of it the previous owner must have lowered the car and given the problem you are facing i think it is likely that the springs or absorbers are faulty. I must say that your rims are fabulous set of rims bro! :top:

Bro have you bought your rims yet?? If not i have a set for sale including my run flat tyres . My rims are 18 "original m-sport rims and dunlop tyres. Tyres are virtually perfect as i just got my car from the showroom 2 weeks ago. Im based in penang and pls PM me for the price if interested.

Hi, I guess 523 comes with softer suspension which makes the car comfortable to drive. Changing to 18" means you need to fit with a much "thinner" tyres which in harder. It looks great but you hv to sacrifce comfortness. On the rim, go for ori, even a second hand ori is very much safer to drive ....:wink:

schnitzered;436120 said:
Bro have you bought your rims yet?? If not i have a set for sale including my run flat tyres . My rims are 18 "original m-sport rims and dunlop tyres. Tyres are virtually perfect as i just got my car from the showroom 2 weeks ago. Im based in penang and pls PM me for the price if interested.

Hi bro, thanks for the offer, will be good if this offer comes very much earlier. Got a second hand ori (made in Austria) 18" MS with Dunlop run flat tyres in Rawang that can last for another 6 months or so for RM3600 (expensive ka?), offcourse in exchanged to my old 16" rims.
Anyway, do you consider selling the tyres only??

My humble m:rolleyes:e - 2nd hand dealer!

Dahari Bin Arifin;436977 said:
Hi bro, thanks for the offer, will be good if this offer comes very much earlier. Got a second hand ori (made in Austria) 18" MS with Dunlop run flat tyres in Rawang that can last for another 6 months or so for RM3600 (expensive ka?), offcourse in exchanged to my old 16" rims.
Anyway, do you consider selling the tyres only??

My humble m:rolleyes:e - 2nd hand dealer!

Given the fact that your tyres can only last for 6 mths i suppose you mainly paid rm3600 for the rims which i think is quite reasonable (if they are original) I intend to sell my rims and tyres log stock and barrel...but if you're really interested in the tyres only then i can consider if the price is right. PM me and make me an offer! Cheers dude!

I use this site for my references - http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp. It has a wheel size and wheel offset calculator. The wheel size calculator lets you compare 4 different wheel sizes against your stock/oem which you can enter yourself. And the wheel offset calculator lets you calculate how far in or out your wheel will be located if you change the rim width or offset.

Top Bottom