Central Locking Kaput..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I'm using this to retain steering control for volume and track skipping. Frontend for the project would be either centrafuse or riderunner. Since the bus is thorughly hacked, some very interesting skins/plugins are available such as this.

iGoBMW_bmw2.jpg

iGoBMW_bmw2_2.jpg

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-released-skins/117236-rel-igobmw-transparent.html

Cheers

Guys would you'll be able to assist me to source this device, "central locking switch- for door (located near the gear console, was told it's together with the Hazard light switch) .

Tq

Thx a lot Jarance, for the detail diagram.
Guys know where can I get a cheaper and reliable switch. Used also will do.
Coz I ask auto bavaria , they r selling about rm400!
Tq

zas;599764 said:
Tq

I would certainly go hunting in the chopshop around Klang or Puchong area.

zas;599764 said:
Tq

Zas, u asked from Bavarian Auto or Auto Bavaria? BA should be cheaper.

Try ebay otherwise!

My remote kaput today . But ironically i notice it can unlock and lock my neighbour new proton saga . I try to follow your step to syn the remote . But when at the final step of "release the open button " I notice my neighbour proton saga open and lock itself. But still cannot open my car with the remote . Any idea . Thank you

Anyone got any problem of general module or GM5. let me know. I got spare recondtioned unit.

My spare key also cannot open my car. seem like it's out of sync . if the remote battery is 'kaput' , chances is it won't be able to lock and unlock my neighbour's proton car right. All this while both keys can connect with my car without problem. just so happen this afternoon only .
Now i've to lock manually. My car don't hv alarm all the while .

zas, last friday, I demo the procedure with bmw7833 car and my key aslo got desyn with my car.

I tried to re-syn it but could not. Could not understand why. Drove the car back to my home and
try the resyn procedure and it works again.

The ignition MUST be click to Position "1" (Accesory) only and all doors should be close.

Quess what! This mornin I made another attempt to sync the key . This time I perform the step a little bit faster. Fortunately it work . I sync the spare key also.
Hopin it last . By the way is there battery inside the remote to be replace . If yes where to buy .
Thank to Jarance for the insightful information .

zas;618583 said:
Quess what! This mornin I made another attempt to sync the key . This time I perform the step a little bit faster. Fortunately it work . I sync the spare key also.
Hopin it last . By the way is there battery inside the remote to be replace . If yes where to buy .

The battery inside the remote for diamond shape key are rechargeable type. The key are not design for battery replacement
cos they are completely sealed. However, the key can be cut open and the battery can be replaced. It have been done before.

Pasar road electronic shop have them or RS Component or Farnel carry stock for them.

jarance;618565 said:
zas, last friday, I demo the procedure with bmw7833 car and my key aslo got desyn with my car.

I tried to re-syn it but could not. Could not understand why. Drove the car back to my home and
try the resyn procedure and it works again.

The ignition MUST be click to Position "1" (Accesory) only and all doors should be close.

The key terkejut by my my car..hahh..

IanDaddy;618567 said:
There could be a time-lock which disallow re-synch within certain fixed time !

Useful info, normally i keep re-syn and re-syn when i failed to make it..lol

zas;618583 said:

The battery inside the key is a rechargable Panasonic VL2020. It can be bought from the Panasonic service center. It will cost about RM32.

To change the battery you will have to carefully cut open the key, unsolder the battery holder then unsolder the battery from the battery holder.

Instructions to do all this can be found here -
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315311 or
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=451510 or
http://www.forums.bimmerfest.com/showthread.php?p=5707861 or
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?36644-diamond-shape-remote-key

You can also use a normal 2032 or 2025 battery and replace it when it goes flat. But you will need to dremel screw holes so you can replace the battery easily. There's a DIY for that here - http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/124181

Anyway, follow the instructions, it can be done because my dad and I did it.

Salut

Sorry to hijack this thread as mine is E39 and having driver side central lock wont open or lock using remote or using button inside the car. If I lock using remote, only passenger front and rear door lock open. I guess it happen after I removed my power window regulator to fix it. I did not recall I touch any of the door mechanism like actuator. Use spare key also the same. I try to play with PA Soft scanner to setup the main key, worst still I don't know what I did my remote wont lock or open at all !. I can lock and unlock driver side using key manually. I revert to spare key and i can use the remote function but driver side door still having same problem. I try to check the fuse under the glove box. 6, 27 and 29 fuse seems ok.

8748255260_b70e6b2e39.jpg

Check also fuse 53 inside the trunk. Seems to be ok.

8748247402_059eb51f10.jpg

My PA soft scanner also reported this error.

8747080369_908a317625.jpg

Any idea. Actuator kaput?

Appreciate your advise.

zidee,

since you have open the door and work on it, check for loose connection or something blocking the actuator.

high possibility is the actuator that is the culprit.

based on error 83 [131], it look like that the door close sensor is not functioning. check that out first.

will try to extract some info on the wiring from the WDS later.

Thanks bro Jarance. I will look into it. By the way, how do I initialise back my key to factory setting?

jarance;822552 said:
zidee,

since you have open the door and work on it, check for loose connection or something blocking the actuator.

high possibility is the actuator that is the culprit.

based on error 83 [131], it look like that the door close sensor is not functioning. check that out first.

will try to extract some info on the wiring from the WDS later.

Top Bottom