Central Locking Kaput..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Unker,

After cleaned the connector, the gremlin still persists on my car. I think the culprit hangs on the relay which coz problem of unlock. Maybe still need to change the GM5. Damn:thefinger:

initialM;514690 said:
Unker,

After cleaned the connector, the gremlin still persists on my car. I think the culprit hangs on the relay which coz problem of unlock. Maybe still need to change the GM5. Damn:thefinger:

If you suspect it the relay that have worn out contacts, why dont you consider to sent it to UK for repair.

jarance;514709 said:
If you suspect it the relay that have worn out contacts, why dont you consider to sent it to UK for repair.

Aiyah very troublesome & with the cost I better buy brand new one.
I think I need you to mandi bunga my car lar:burnout:

initialM;514712 said:

Maybe, I can start a business repairing GM5 module in my spare time. I have all the tools. Just need to buy the special relay from UK (two coils in one) or modify two relays and rewired it outside.

initialM;514712 said:

Oh yeah, I just realize that buying a new module is not the only cost that you have to consider. You might need to pay extra to recode the GM5 to accept your old keys.

Wonder how much is the recode cost in Malaysia.:motz:

initialM;514690 said:
Unker,

Mine cannot unlock last few feeks. Even passenger door also cant opem from inside. When diagnose witg gt1,confirm gm5 kaput..new one cost rm1700 without recode. But thank god i found an used unit from stuggart taman mayang. RM650 plus rm150 for recode...pheww problem solve.

hakim_radzuan;514772 said:
Mine cannot unlock last few feeks. Even passenger door also cant opem from inside. When diagnose witg gt1,confirm gm5 kaput..new one cost rm1700 without recode. But thank god i found an used unit from stuggart taman mayang. RM650 plus rm150 for recode...pheww problem solve.

Been contemplating to get used one at the same price but worry on the durability (especially the relay). In SG GM5 cost bout RM1400 uncoded.

Unker Jarance,

Since the problem is the relay, I need yr advice on what to do. My mech advice to buy new but already cannot tahan. Every month spent thousands of RM on this pampered BMW. My piggybank getting low:burnout:

I have checked the www and found the following info from bmwgm5.com about the fault.

Copy from that page the fault and code.
ZKE 2 (0x02) - Fuse for ZV ZKE 7 (0x07) - Module not coded {Signal STDWA (only relevant if an anti-theft alarm is fitted)
ZKE 9 (0x09) - Front Window Relay Left Side (Drivers Side)
ZKE 10 (0x0A) - Front Window Relay Right Side (Passenger Side)
ZKE 39 (0x27) - Central Locking Relays, Driver Door Unlocking (R2bNC)
ZKE 40 (0x28) - Central Locking Relays, Passenger Door Locking (R1aNO)
ZKE 41 (0x29) - Central Locking Relays, Driver & Passenger Door Unlocking {Relay for central locking - ulocking or Relay for rear FH drive (passenger's side) sticks} (R1bNO)
ZKE 42 (0x2A) - Relay for central locking, double locking
ZKE 43 (0x2B) - Central Locking Relays, Driver Door Locking (R2bNO)
ZKE 48 (0x30) - Wire to relay module -passenger's side FH, rear
ZKE 51 (0x33) - Wipers: blocking protection active
61 (0x3D) - Fuse for passenger- compartment sensor
66 (0x42) - Connection for relay module to power window driver side front faulty
ZKE (0x81) - DWA alarm memory: door contact, driver's door
ZKE (0x85) - DWA alarm memory: tailgate
ZKE (0x88) - DWA alarm memory: hood

Based on the fault code, it look like you dont need to replace the GM5 but only the appropriate item that is giving the problem.

initialM;514821 said:
Been contemplating to get used one at the same price but worry on the durability (especially the relay). In SG GM5 cost bout RM1400 uncoded.

Unker Jarance,

Since the problem is the relay, I need yr advice on what to do. My mech advice to buy new but already cannot tahan. Every month spent thousands of RM on this pampered BMW. My piggybank getting low:burnout:

I help save a bit lah.. You buy the relay and I do the work for you (FOC) cos you will be my first customer.

hakim_radzuan;514772 said:

HR, do you have the old unit with you. maybe I can salvage some parts from it. :burnout:

RM150 is reasonable for the recoding.

BTW, what was the fault code when check with GT1 diagnostic tools.

I think I know how to solve the problem.

Based on the info from bmwgm5.com, the problem is due one relay taking all the load which cause the contact to wear prematurely.

Solution is to distribute the load with another relay located outside the module.

In order to prove my theory, I need a volunteer who have GM5 module problem for me to experiment.

The job involve cutting 8 nos of wires and wired to the new relay.

Cost of relay shall 5 amp rating but shall have 4poles to share the load of the 8 motors (actuator). Previously one contact (20 Amp rated) take the load of 8 actuator. The surge current cause the contact to wear off. if the load are distributed over 4 contacts, the wear is less. Furthermore, if one contact wear off, only one door is affected rather than 4 doors at the same time.

IM, so planning to spend RM800 or RM100 for OM or RM200 for non OM (my cost).

Unker J,

Decided to follow yr advice to mandi bunga my car. The gremlins seems to go away.
Tested few times parked in hot sun, no problem at all.:rock:
Hope it stays that way. Thank god for saving me a fortune:smokin:

initialM;516392 said:
Unker J,

Decided to follow yr advice to mandi bunga my car. The gremlins seems to go away.
Tested few times parked in hot sun, no problem at all.:rock:
Hope it stays that way. Thank god for saving me a fortune:smokin:

Ha ha.. This is the first time my special idea works..:cool:

Wonder whose car the gremlins will go to? :smokin: :burnout:

They will go back to yr car hahahaha.

Actually I did the "thingy" as your advice & it works so far hehehe

initialM;516473 said:
They will go back to yr car hahahaha.

Actually I did thingy as your advice & it works so far hehehe

Active shield - set ON maximum mode. :cool:
Air Wangi - Set on mid spray. :wink:
Anti gremlin - Set on maximum mode. :cool:

sshhh.. dont tell everybody about the thingy.. It is my secret. I only tell it to my friends. :rock:

Top Bottom